Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2022, 07:58 AM

16,786 posts, read 4,992,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
So non answers from Atheists.
I saw 2 answers, 1 'I do not know', and a request for clarification. Why do you need to misrepresent others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
What is the evidence to your claim?
Because her post is relevant to most of the many different religions, not atheism.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:28 AM

22,213 posts, read 19,238,916 times
This "Ask an Atheist" question has not yet been addressed.

maybe you can clarify what is meant by "fake chi energy" .
are you saying that you believe chi is fake?
and that there is no such thing as chi because "it is just mechanics and muscle control"?
That is the question for anyone in this "Ask an Atheist" thread. Is it your view that chi is fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I agree about uncertainties, but some things are more certain than others. And considering the many fake gurus, this increases the chances any guru is actually fake. My wife can certainly fake chi energy with her Kung Fu training (it is impressive what my Mäuschen can do (and painful)), but she has explained it is just mechanics and muscle control. I searched for 'Puttaparthi Sai Baba', I remember his image from the reports of alleged sexual abuse by him, and financial irregularities discovered after his death. And was he not going to levitate over a lake for some journalists and TV crews, but decided not to on the day?Naturally none of the negative means he was a fake, but I would need better evidence than something that can be done hand tricks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
maybe you can clarify what is meant by "fake chi energy" in bold above.
are you saying that you believe chi is fake? and that there is no such thing as chi because "it is just mechanics and muscle control"?

That is the question for anyone in this "Ask an Atheist" thread. Is it your view that chi is fake?

Old 08-22-2022, 08:38 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
And Tzap slaps almost every religion in their face, thumps them in their stomachs, then kicks them all while they are down, even comparing their divisive natures to racism.
Quote:
What is the evidence to your claim?
Harry may not realize that in the U.S. there are "protected classes" of people.
Based upon The Equality Act it is actually against the law to discriminate against anyone based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
The different types of discrimination are Direct discrimination, Indirect discrimination, Harassment, and Victimisation.
Also...to revile someone for belonging to any one of those "classes", simply for being a affiliate of that class, is considered "Hate Speech".
Before the Atheists start referring to the Religious as "evil", "bad", "mentally ill", "fanatics", "delusional", "aholes", "abusers", "terrorists", being party to the only way to get good people to do bad things, subscribers to most immoral ideas, the worst threat to mankind, etc, etc...simply because they are Theist/Religious...they should first think of how it would be if they said the same thing about a group simply because they were a certain race, ethnicity, gender, or age.
This is how Tzaphkiel draws the parallel between the Atheists casting aspersions against and reviling the Religious simply because of their faith, and being biased against someone simply because of their race.
The Atheists are doing to the Religious, exactly what a racist does when they verbalize their bias and prejudice.

Question to the Atheists: Why do you engage in Hate Speech (and keep it up for years) against the Faithful simply because they are Religious? Do you realize that's discriminatory?

Old 08-22-2022, 08:45 AM

15,979 posts, read 7,039,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Harry may not realize that in the U.S. there are "protected classes" of people.
Based upon The Equality Act it is actually against the law to discriminate against anyone based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
The different types of discrimination are Direct discrimination, Indirect discrimination, Harassment, and Victimisation.
Also...to revile someone for belonging to any one of those "classes", simply for being a affiliate of that class, is considered "Hate Speech".
Before the Atheists start referring to the Religious as "evil", "bad", "mentally ill", "fanatics", "delusional", "aholes", "abusers", "terrorists", being party to the only way to get good people to do bad things, subscribers to most immoral ideas, the worst threat to mankind, etc, etc...simply because they are Theist/Religious...they should first think of how it would be if they said the same thing about a group simply because they were a certain race, ethnicity, gender, or age.
This is how Tzaphkiel draws the parallel between the Atheists casting aspersions against and reviling the Religious simply because of their faith, and being biased against someone simply because of their race.
The Atheists are doing to the Religious, exactly what a racist does when they verbalize their bias and prejudice.

Question to the Atheists: Why do you engage in Hate Speech (and keep it up for years) against the Faithful simply because they are Religious? Do you realize that's discriminatory?
Atheists are one of the protected classes in the US under the umbrella of freedom of religion and expression.
Obama, who was deeply religious, signed the bill.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I thought that was important for the theists, not for us. Hence the religious disagreements that cause sectarianism.

It is a clue that religions are human inventions, not godly inspirations.

For me, it is not important. It is a fact that some do, and I find those who believe in Hell are usually the more negative, bigoted and dishonest theists.

For me, it is just an academic exercise, a break from work, and a chance to practice my English.
I actually like this forum and find people who engage with some intellectual honesty interesting, and exchanging thoughts with them rewarding. Apparently I mistook you for one of them. You have a wonderful day.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I actually like this forum and find people who engage with some intellectual honesty interesting, and exchanging thoughts with them rewarding. Apparently I mistook you for one of them.
No you do not, you come here to pretend to be some wise sage, but your assertions have been refuted by honest, intellectual answers, and now you are resorting to your usual ad hominems in retaliation.

Quote:
You have a wonderful day.
That you have to resort to evasion and ad hominems is making my day even better.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Atheists are one of the protected classes in the US under the umbrella of freedom of religion and expression.
Obama, who was deeply religious, signed the bill.
Correct, and well done for protecting us from Goldie's dishonest hate speech once again attacking atheism.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:19 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
So non answers from Atheists. You dont like the questions. You’d rather make your own. Carry on. Peace be with you.
I am hoping NorthSouth will come on and take the lead.
I am willing to answer yours but only if you are open to clarify your question.

I did answer your other questions the best I could. Not surprisingly that you don't like answers given. You don't like to have honest conversations.

As far as your peace be with you I really wished I could believe that you mean it.

Old 08-22-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am willing to answer yours but only if you are open to clarify your question.

I did answer your other questions the best I could. Not surprisingly that you don't like answers given. You don't like to have honest conversations.

As far as your peace be with you I really wished I could believe that you mean it.
If you are unable to even understand my question I see no possibility of any kind of communication with you due to my lack of skill in writing English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality