Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,024 times

Advertisements

Why is God coming to earth as an incarnation while He can do anything sitting in the upper world?

An Industrialist created a factory in which inanimate items and non-inanimate workers exist. The factory is His property. All the workers need not be good and disciplined. The owner comes to the factory every day to supervise the workers. The owner is visiting His own property. Is there something abnormal in this? If the owner is visiting the factory of somebody else, we may be interested to know the reason. Moreover, some employees desire to see the owner everyday to discuss with him about their doubts face to face. The owner feels that face to face talks are more effective than talking over phone. The presence of the owner inspires them to work more efficiently.

Similarly, this creation is done by God Himself and this creation is His personal property. He has every right to visit and supervise His own property. He is not visiting the creation of somebody else. There is a special satisfaction among ardent devotes to see Him, to talk with Him directly for clearing their doubts, to touch His feet and serve Him and to spend their life time with Him. God also feels happy to satisfy them and feels that His personal visit will inspire them more in their spiritual progress. Hence, God visits this creation frequently in the form of human incarnations. God is called as ‘Pashupati’ (owner of animals like cows, buffaloes, bulls, donkeys etc.) and we must note that the human being is said to be a social animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 10:04 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
He isn't "coming to earth as an incarnation", so you're off to a rough start. Also, you can't have God acting like man. Two errors so far, and I didn't read any further.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
He chose to take on human flesh in order to be sacrificed to pay for sin. That's it. Creation cannot pay for the sins of other created beings.

Why did he choose to do it that way? Ultimately because he chose to. Ask him for the details of why.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:41 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Lots of "errors" if one wants to call them that, but I like the story or analogy. When one can write their own story or pick an analogy that fits their belief or agenda, it's amazing how reasonable and logical it can all be made to sound...

However, in this scenario we're all asked to believe and accept a premise that only certain religious people are willing and able to accept. Hard for me to consider explanations like these, for example, when the assumption is that there is a god. One looking down on all of us. Deciding where, when and why to visit. All of which sounds like a huge fantasy to me, although I know it's a story millions of people seem willing to entertain and have entertained since we first started contemplating our place in the universe.

Should I take the time to consider the rationale that supports a story that is a fantasy, fiction, far as I'm concerned? Perhaps for the sake of entertainment, but if so, I think I'd be better entertained considering what the Wizard of Oz was thinking and doing in that story. If so, I'm curious why we're calling God a Him instead of a She in this story. Just for starters...

Old 09-29-2022, 12:32 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default Why is God coming to earth as an incarnation while He can do anything sitting in the upper world?

God gave His creation free will and Dominion here on earth, but He also gave it a spiritual purpose. We were NOT achieving that purpose. In fact, we were achieving the opposite due to our spiritual ignorance and immaturity. Since the purpose had to be achieved by us AS HUMANS, God decided to become one of us and achieve it for us.

Old 09-29-2022, 01:54 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaswami1 View Post
...this creation is done by God Himself
Asserted without evidence. Dismissed.
Quote:
... and this creation is His personal property.
One you establish the first premise this might be a reasonable-sounding argument although it assumes a capitalist perspective. In some economic systems, the workers own the factory. If god is a capitalist, you will have to establish that with evidence as well.
Quote:
There is a special satisfaction among ardent devotes to see Him, to talk with Him directly for clearing their doubts, to touch His feet and serve Him and to spend their life time with Him.
Here your analogy breaks down as the concept of fawning over one's boss like that is a pretty creepy one.
Quote:
God also feels happy to satisfy them and feels that His personal visit will inspire them more in their spiritual progress. Hence, God visits this creation frequently in the form of human incarnations. God is called as ‘Pashupati’ (owner of animals like cows, buffaloes, bulls, donkeys etc.) and we must note that the human being is said to be a social animal.
I think most theist belief systems suggest that man is something a little more than mere livestock and that god aspires for humans to be a little more than that; for example in the Bible man is described as being created "a little lower than the angels".

I do not particularly want to be owned livestock, no matter how benevolent the owner. But if that works for you, that's fine.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:14 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He chose to take on human flesh in order to be sacrificed to pay for sin. That's it. Creation cannot pay for the sins of other created beings.

Why did he choose to do it that way? Ultimately because he chose to. Ask him for the details of why.
This ^^^

Old 09-30-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Asserted without evidence. Dismissed.

One you establish the first premise this might be a reasonable-sounding argument although it assumes a capitalist perspective. In some economic systems, the workers own the factory. If god is a capitalist, you will have to establish that with evidence as well.

Here your analogy breaks down as the concept of fawning over one's boss like that is a pretty creepy one.

I think most theist belief systems suggest that man is something a little more than mere livestock and that god aspires for humans to be a little more than that; for example in the Bible man is described as being created "a little lower than the angels".

I do not particularly want to be owned livestock, no matter how benevolent the owner. But if that works for you, that's fine.
Or that ^^^

Old 09-30-2022, 10:39 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
When Jesus returns it will be global event.

Old 09-30-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
When Jesus returns it will be global event.
If true, he sure doesn't seem to be in any big hurry. A good many millions of people have come and gone believing the same thing. Never getting to see any sign of return as they hoped and believed would come soon. Then again if we consider the near 14 billion years since the universe has been around, what's another billion or so more years of waiting? Best nobody hold their breath too long while waiting in any case. Indeed, what's another billion or so years? Another billion or so people? I'm certainly not among them either way.

PS: If true, it will be more than just a global event I might add...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality