Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What seems to make more sense in The Afterlife
Reincarnation 10 41.67%
Heaven/Hell 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 11:15 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,463,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
FACT: MOST people who have reported their NDE had a positive experience. While negative NDE's do occur, they seem to be rare.
...or people might decline to report them because they don't want to be shamed by judgmental buttholes. Plenty of stories on these internets with people talking about a hellish supernatural experience. Nonbelievers and skeptics probably...won't believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 12:06 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I’ve had a “fundie” experience in my lifetime so I’m not exactly dumb on The Bible and basics of Christianity.
I will admit though I’m fuzzy on the other Major ones when it comes to what they preach about the afterlife.
That being said and I think this is my final opinion while both are probable, reincarnation makes more sense.
I mean if nothing else, don’t we if we are buried or ashes scattered etc come back as plants if nothing else because plants are living organisms anyway? Not trying to be funny here.
To only have 1 shot at life just seems too extreme. Like if one dies because of murder or a horrible cancer, it just seems like an unfair way to go out of your possibly 1 shot at life.
Or again if you went out (died) in a horrible fashion and because you didn’t accept Christ and you only had 1 chance (if there’s no reincarnation) to do it, now you’re going to burn and scream and cry in a pit of hell forever?
That while a foundation of The Christian faith from a neutral standpoint seems pretty demented frankly.
If one has ever seen (think Dennis Quaid was in it) A Dog’s Life, well, that movie didn’t seem like total fantasy when it comes to indirectly addressing the Reincarnation issue.
Thoughts?
Reincarnation doesn’t make an iota of sense.
Human population is continuously growing from 1 pair to about 8 billion now.

How are new human souls adding up in this vicious reincarnation cycle instead of humans making it to the next level?

Seems like only animals and insects and germs and plants are doing good things and becoming humans in their next life, and then they all stop at the human level?

Otherwise, human population should’ve ideally been reduced as more n more humans would reach the ultimate level, and never come back to earth.

Plus, how does a virus or a bacteria do good deeds to become an insect or a fish or a bird or even an elephant in its next life? What does a plant do to become a dolphin or a giraffe or a Covid 19 virus in its next life?

Old 02-07-2023, 05:45 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Reincarnation doesn’t make an iota of sense.
Human population is continuously growing from 1 pair to about 8 billion now.

How are new human souls adding up in this vicious reincarnation cycle instead of humans making it to the next level?

Seems like only animals and insects and germs and plants are doing good things and becoming humans in their next life, and then they all stop at the human level?

Otherwise, human population should’ve ideally been reduced as more n more humans would reach the ultimate level, and never come back to earth.

Plus, how does a virus or a bacteria do good deeds to become an insect or a fish or a bird or even an elephant in its next life? What does a plant do to become a dolphin or a giraffe or a Covid 19 virus in its next life?
You seem to have the twilight zone version of reincarnation.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:08 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I’ve had a “fundie” experience in my lifetime so I’m not exactly dumb on The Bible and basics of Christianity.

Thoughts?
There is no "after" life, there is only life. We each have always been, and we will always be, spiritually. This cloak of a body will fall away, but our essence will continue its existence to manifest again, or not, depending upon how many lessons we've yet to learn.

Old 02-08-2023, 07:35 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
There is no "after" life, there is only life. We each have always been, and we will always be, spiritually. This cloak of a body will fall away, but our essence will continue its existence to manifest again, or not, depending upon how many lessons we've yet to learn.
yes. i agree.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:50 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes. i agree.
We are close to agreement except for the reincarnation aspect about which I remain agnostic. I would change the word "cloak" in Mayberry's post to "spiritual womb" because the specific individual Spirit that is YOU has not existed before, IMO. But it will continue to exist because it already actually resides with the Oneness that is its source. Only the physical body in which it has developed will go away much as the placenta of physical birth is discarded.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:29 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are close to agreement except for the reincarnation aspect about which I remain agnostic. I would change the word "cloak" in Mayberry's post to "spiritual womb" because the specific individual Spirit that is YOU has not existed before, IMO. But it will continue to exist because it already actually resides with the Oneness that is its source. Only the physical body in which it has developed will go away much as the placenta of physical birth is discarded.
the individual spirit that is me, has always existed.
always was, and always will be

Old 02-10-2023, 06:25 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are then speaking of Duality. The spirit within us is the same as Oneness. Oneness exists, it does not create anything. There is no difference or separation. The separation is in the mind, it is due to causeless ignorance. Once that ignorance is removed through self inquiry, the Oneness is recognized, and the jiva, the individual, is free.

Old 02-10-2023, 10:19 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
...The spirit within us is the same as Oneness. Oneness exists, it does not create anything. There is no difference or separation. The separation is in the mind, it is due to causeless ignorance. Once that ignorance is removed through self inquiry, the Oneness is recognized, and the jiva, the individual, is free.
Beautifully put.

Old 02-10-2023, 10:25 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You are then speaking of Duality. The spirit within us is the same as Oneness. Oneness exists, it does not create anything. There is no difference or separation. The separation is in the mind, it is due to causeless ignorance. Once that ignorance is removed through self inquiry, the Oneness is recognized, and the jiva, the individual, is free.
Not really, CB. My experience of the Oneness was unambiguous and unmistakable. There is no "duality". But the Oneness has a "multiplicity beyond description" as it is comprised of the multitude of "individuals" born from it. My experience seems to dispute the rishis who came before me but it is my best guide, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality