Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 11:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 877,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
It would be nice to discuss the Talmud here on this forum; unfortunately, some of the parts of it may be more than the forum can withstand.
Right?! Yeah that is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I said it? No, Leviticus 5:11-13 says it and I note you haven't dealt with those verses.
Blood had to be shed. That is what the Bible says.

You keep bringing up the scripture about someone not being able to afford an animal, even a bird, but I keep explaining that to be in a covenant with God and be atoned for you sins---the priest sacrifices lambs FOR ALL THE JEWS.

Quote:
Actually, the Jews before Jesus and, in fact, Jesus himself lived by the talmud as a way to understand the written law.
What ridiculousness. You don't even know that the talmud didn't exist during Jesus' time, and the moderator here wants me to get knowledge from you. lol

The talmud contains the teachings and opinion of thousand of rabbis on a variety of subjects. It is a collection of rabbinical writings that interpret, and explain the Torah scriptures to their own liking. Judaism and the talmud reject Jesus as the Messiah.

How do you think that Jesus read things that were written that speak against him.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:20 AM

1,480 posts, read 479,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
It would be nice to discuss the Talmud here on this forum; unfortunately, some of the parts of it may be more than the forum can withstand.
I know the Talmud is given precedence over the Torah in Judaism, while the Torah starts from the beginning.

The law given through Moses was given and agreed upon in Covenant, to the generation that built the golden calf with the gold they carried out of Egypt, while Moses was upon the mountain receiving the 10 commandments and who also chose not to enter the promised land. The oral tradition was passed on by them to the children they had during those 40 years, who were born, grew and fed in the presence of God during those 40 years, and whose clothes did not wear out. Joshua and Caleb entered the promised land from that generation with the children who were born and grew during those 40 years.

Personally, I look to the words of the Torah and Prophets and not to the Talmud. The Torah shows the heritage of the Messiah and sorts it out. To go midstream, you see Jacob and Esau wrestling in the womb, and Jacob is chosen to receive the firstborn blessing. Jacob treats Joseph as his firstborn giving him the coat of many colors, then when Rachel is dying giving birth, she names the child Ben-Oni which means "son of my trouble" but Jacob named him Benjamin which means "son of my right hand" the firstborn blessing. Then Jacob/Israel gives Judah the firstborn blessing of the heritage carrying the Scepter.

So, Jacob gave the blessing of the firstborn to Joseph, Benjamin and then Jacob/Israel gives it to Judah. And over time and following the story you can see how God sorts that out and brings healing to all that confusion. And I'm pretty sure I have already written a piece about that.

That is a midstream view of following the heritage.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

bold above recognizes "the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism."

when you speak and adopt and perpetuate the same antisemitism from the New Testament, then you are doing the same. you are expressing the same antisemitism by repeating the teachings and engaging in the beliefs. You are responsible for your speech, thought, beliefs, behavior, and actions.

"what can you do" the post asks above? Take responsibility for your speech. Stop blaming others. If you recognize something incites hate and violence, then stop doing the same yourself.

it's like someone in a forum discussing African American culture, who keeps using the N word and repeating crude epithets and pejoratives, then says they are not responsible for what they say, and says oh that's in the past they can say whatever they want. and then when it is pointed out, doubling down and claiming people are "thin-skinned" for pointing out why their own behavior is objectionable.

you state you are not antisemitic, but you engage in and repeat the very same antisemitic views and teachings. and then when its pointed out, you deny it is a problem, and fail to connect the dots. and you keep doing it.
All who reject Jesus, no matter what religion, race, gender...they will face Hell.

Go and find things and post here what the Talmud says about Jesus.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:51 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

bold above recognizes "the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism."

when you speak and adopt and perpetuate the same antisemitism from the New Testament, then you are doing the same. you are expressing the same antisemitism by repeating the teachings and engaging in the beliefs. You are responsible for your speech, thought, beliefs, behavior, and actions.

"what can you do" the post asks above? Take responsibility for your speech. Stop blaming others. If you recognize something incites hate and violence, then stop doing the same yourself.

it's like someone in a forum discussing African American culture, who keeps using the N word and repeating crude epithets and pejoratives, then says they are not responsible for what they say, and says oh that's in the past they can say whatever they want. and then when it is pointed out, doubling down and claiming people are "thin-skinned" for pointing out why their own behavior is objectionable.

you state you are not antisemitic, but you engage in and repeat the very same antisemitic views and teachings. and then when its pointed out, you deny it is a problem, and fail to connect the dots. and you keep doing it.
SO, in essence, you require that I DENY my beliefs or cease expressing them because they foster antisemitism in some people even though they do NOT represent any antisemitism in me. Face it, Tzaph, either our ancestors did what they did as recorded in the New Testament or they didn't. I believe they did. You must not believe they did.

Neither of our beliefs is antisemitic, per se. Our reaction to what we believe they did is what matters. My reaction is identical to Jesus's "They knew not what they did." There is no antisemitism in that. I am not personally responsible for the evils done using the New Testament beliefs as an excuse. I condemn them as I do all evils.

Old 05-11-2023, 12:03 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

You keep bringing up the scripture about someone not being able to afford an animal, even a bird, but I keep explaining that to be in a covenant with God and be atoned for you sins---the priest sacrifices lambs FOR ALL THE JEWS.
Another good reason to reject the Bible and Bible God as legit. You actually believe that the Creator of the Universe required animal sacrifices during the bronze age and then changed his mind after he sacrificed himself on a Roman torture device. Well I guess God MADE the Romans invent crucifixion since it was part of his "plan".

Blood atonement for sin probably made perfect sense to people of that period of time. But in retrospect it is bizarre and makes no sense. Just a waste of animals.

Old 05-11-2023, 12:32 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,706 times
Quote:

And yet Leviticus says that the person can achieve atonement through flour and without blood. Insisting that blood HAS to be shed is therefore wrong.

On Yom Kippur, the priest sacrifices a bull and a goat and mixes their bloods for the communal atonement-sprinkling (though even that atonement has limitations). Another goat is pushed off a cliff to help with atonement but is not exactly a sacrifice. There were 7 lambs offered on Yom Kippur, and 7 offered on 5 other holidays but they are not for atonement.

This process was established in the desert and continued before and during the temples' existences.

Quote:
What ridiculousness. You don't even know that the talmud didn't exist during Jesus' time, and the moderator here wants me to get knowledge from you. lol
Certainly it existed as it dates back to Sinai. Jesus, himself, endorsed it by telling people to listen to the teachings of the Pharisees, and the Pharisees taught the talmud. Maybe you just don't know what the talmud is.
Quote:
The talmud contains the teachings and opinion of thousand of rabbis on a variety of subjects. It is a collection of rabbinical writings that interpret, and explain the Torah scriptures to their own liking.
Actually, it has the statements and teachings of under 1,600 sages. It is a collection of laws, material contemporary to the sinai experience, explanations, applications, arguments and other material.
Quote:
Judaism and the talmud reject Jesus as the Messiah.
True. Why accept someone who lacked the personal qualities and failed in the tasks required to be considered a messianic leader?
Quote:
How do you think that Jesus read things that were written that speak against him.
I'm assuming, right to left. Why?

Old 05-11-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I know the Talmud is given precedence over the Torah in Judaism,
In what sense do you mean this? How do you know it? It isn't exactly true.

Old 05-11-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
All who reject Jesus, no matter what religion, race, gender...they will face Hell.

Go and find things and post here what the Talmud says about Jesus.
Jesus isn't mentioned in the talmud.
https://www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/jesusnarr.html
https://www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/jesus.html

Old 05-11-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Jesus isn't mentioned in the talmud.
Yes he is.

What kind of Jewish teaching is it if they don't mention Jesus.

The talmud speaks against Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality