Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,765 times

Advertisements

Man this is getting to be like a slapstick comedy.

Except that naive people are being taken in by MP.

allan, meh, I care not for anyone that is so... um... out there.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 PM

309 posts, read 580,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
allan, you admitted to the verbiage in MP materials that told folks not to resell it. Then you said it was not true, I believe that is what he was referring to.
Thats not what I said, perhaps your confused or I mistyped.

Since you/or he made the accusation you should be the one to prove your point. The burden is on the accuser, I should not be on me to try and guess where you got your impressions from.

Oh, and I know you dont care about accuracy, but the instructions in the pamphlets don't speak about reselling. Just not to share with someone not studying the same discourse/level, like telling a 10th grader not to give a 2cd grader their books.

I'm not sure I care about how many people are for or against MP.
I am finding MP useful and good for me, I resonate with the teachings more then any other I've found. I'm not into it for the camaraderie or for others. I certainly don't expect most people to find it fulfilling and the fact that you and many others attack it or Sri Gary, is expected, not proof.

Standing up to bigots, angry, and destructive attitudes/environments, is not easy, it takes a certain amount of stamina and integrity, even ego - though it offers opportunity for reflection, self examination, etc as well.

Your like what I would imagine a old time southern white bigot to be, put up a sign that says no black allowed in, attack those that do venture inside, then show the proof of the all white customers of how blacks don't like your food.

Last edited by allan1015; 07-26-2009 at 10:58 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Except that naive people are being taken in by MP.
So? Who are you to decide who is naive and who is not?

Frankly I believe you just want to push your agenda.

Look, I suspect this will be hard for you to understand but frankly Ii could care less if Sri Gary does turn out to be a big fraud. What I care about more then anything is what I am getting out of it. I am finding an increasing amount of lets call it spiritual and day to day upside from the Path, Sri Garys lectures, the teachings etc. Its the best form of Sant Shabd Yoga I have found. If it turns out that Gary is somehow faulted then that experience too is designed for my benefit, and I increasingly believe that because of what I have learned via MP so far that I will extract the value and growth out of spirit's lessons for me in the future.

Of course if I thought Gary was harming anyone, sexual issues, mind control, scamming savings accounts from little ole lady's, etc I would not support such operations. But none of the data presented by even the longest term chela points to such harm being the case.

Last edited by allan1015; 07-27-2009 at 12:06 AM..

Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
So? Who are you to decide who is naive and who is not?

Frankly I believe you just want to push your agenda.
Absolutely!!!

I am unabashedly pushing my agenda!

I am warning folks to understand that MasterPath is a cash-cow psuedoreligion! (Thanks, AxisMundi)

We finally agree on something!

I can have an opinion as to who is naive. That is my right.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
allan, meh, I care not for anyone that is so... um... out there.
Does that mean I win.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Does that mean I win.
Sure allan, if that makes you feel better, you win.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Absolutely!!!

I am unabashedly pushing my agenda!

We finally agree on something!

I can have an opinion as to who is naive. That is my right.
No I dont mind at all, and by the way I said the same thing months ago, wonder why you didn't agree then.

So your a deeply cynical person who dislikes guru based paths or the Light&Sound teachings. Fine.

However, while you don't have much personal experience or facts about MP or Sri Gary your don't mind insulting him or his students/supporters - for apparently no reason other then they see things differently then you.

So, no one is challenging your right to an opinion, or religious beliefs, but where is the right to basically force your beliefs, without providing facts or basis, and to do so by purposefully and intendtionally demeaning and insulting those that don't agree with you?

And even more insulting to me is that you are pushing your own belief system by cloaking it in some pretense of care, concern and honor.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Sure allan, if that makes you feel better, you win.
I don't feel any differently, but fine. Now go away like you promised

Last edited by allan1015; 07-26-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM

When did I say I would go away, I am here for the long haul to keep the word going on what a scam MasterPath is, and how Gary defrauds the taxpayers of this great country.

Now, you stated:

Quote:
Of course if I thought Gary was harming anyone, sexual issues, mind control, scamming savings accounts from little ole lady's, etc I would support such operations.
So, it is apparent that you support the fraud and are complicit in any of the illegal operations that are being perpetrated by Gary and Joy Olsen and Master Path.

Wow!

Last edited by deepcynic; 07-26-2009 at 11:49 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 AM

Darn, you said - um out there , I thought it was like s pin on 'Im out of here', guess i read into that, wishful thinking I guess

>>So, it is apparent that you support the fraud and are complicit in any of the illegal operations that are being perpetrated by Gary and Joy Olsen and Master Path

Yeah. I also would support women being sold as slaves, and pimping out the children of members. I get oral sex favors from new chelas as my cut.
: )

Obviously a typo - thanks for catching it - I corrected it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality