Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Actually Marks, "Christian left", would be an oxymoron, but make no mistake there is definitely a religious left , they worship at the alter of the federal bureaucracy, abortion rights, animal rights, homosexual rights, anti war, anti christianity, anti gun, anti america, these are the fundamentalist of the religious left!
Yeah, I always knew they were sick people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh, OK, thanks for telling me what I need to do. . .
Being pro-choice is pro abortion. Pro choice is just a politically correct term for all the people who would cringe at the term "pro abortion". Just like so many other little euphemisms the left has concocked to make the truth more palatable for them.

BULL! Being pro-choice is being anti-government interference.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
BULL! Being pro-choice is being anti-government interference.
No, being pro-abortion (there is no such thing as "pro-choice") is murder!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
From Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_left

Of course there are always those (who have posted on this very thread) who feel they are the sole arbiter of what is Christian and what is not.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
No, being pro-abortion (there is no such thing as "pro-choice") is murder!

I've never said anyone should have an abortion, I've only said they should have the right if they choose that as their best course of action. You can say an apple is an orange but that doesn't make it so.

I don't believe, as the law doesn't, that abortion is murder. We differ on that issue but to say being pro-choice equates to being pro-abortion is just WRONG.

Last edited by burdell; 03-07-2007 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-07-2007, 09:18 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
I've never said anyone should have an abortion, I've only said they should have the right if they choose that as their best course of action. You can say an apple is an orange but that doesn't make it so.

I don't believe, as the law doesn't, that abortion is murder. We differ on that issue but to say being pro-choice equates to being pro-abortion is just WRONG.
I find it extremely interesting that every SINGLE liberal I have ever heard always, and I mean ALWAYS says, "Abortion is personally not for me" or I could never have one" Well, if conservatives don't believe in it and libs would never have one then please TELL me who is having the thousands of abortions in this country every year. I have NEVER heard one single lib say "Oh, let me give you an example when I was 19 and had my abortion and how it was beneficial to my career". Come on, tell me one person who has admitted to this?? Because if no liberals would ever personally choose it, and conservatives want it outlawed why not just stop performing them?

Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I find it extremely interesting that every SINGLE liberal I have ever heard always, and I mean ALWAYS says, "Abortion is personally not for me" or I could never have one" Well, if conservatives don't believe in it and libs would never have one then please TELL me who is having the thousands of abortions in this country every year. I have NEVER heard one single lib say "Oh, let me give you an example when I was 19 and had my abortion and how it was beneficial to my career". Come on, tell me one person who has admitted to this?? Because if no liberals would ever personally choose it, and conservatives want it outlawed why not just stop performing them?
I can say with 100% certainty that abortion is personally not for me because I'm a male.

Last edited by burdell; 03-07-2007 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
I can say with 100% certainty that abortion is personally not for me because I'm a male.
So if your spouse was pregnant you don't take any responsibily one way or the other? It's your unborn child. Would you try and talk to her about her choice. Just because you are male does not mean to issue doesn't touch you.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
So if your spouse was pregnant you don't take any responsibily one way or the other? It's your unborn child. Would you try and talk to her about her choice. Just because you are male does not mean to issue doesn't touch you.

I believe it would be OUR decision and do not welcome government involvement. But in the end it must ultimately rest on she who is pregnant.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I Well, if conservatives don't believe in it and libs would never have one then please TELL me who is having the thousands of abortions in this country every year.

No method of birth control is 100% effective, surely that is the cause of many seeking abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality