Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
i nominate most of your post(s) for hatred, you need to take your geritol and get a good night sleep. oNLY AN IMMATURE INDIVIDUAL CALLS PEOPLE NAMES, i THOUGHT YOU WERE 65 aCT YOUR AGE. tHIS ISN'T EVEN YOUR THREAD. I hope I don't act like you when I get your age.
Sorry you get so upset when presented with the truth, you seem to have lost your composure and civility. Your comment was completely wrong, for the reasons I spelled out. It was your comment I addressed, and I called no one a name.

Your little keyboard pounding rant does what to disprove the facts that I spelled out, specifically that you don't know the photographer didn't attempt to help that poor child, nor the fact that the photo is a powerful image that may have helped many such children by bring it to the attention of people around the world, but obviously not enough for 2.5 years the same scenes can be witnessed on the evening news most any night.

I can only assume that your response is that you are fine with your perception that your god is allowing this, and that I dare challenge you view as acceptable at any level. Your goal is to attack me to defend your god. You can you defend that?

Your comment was about the photographer was stupid, sorry that the way I see it, and I find it amusing but sad you don't or won't recognize that. Without that photo, would you even be aware, or is that your preference to ignore the image and what you see as the work of the god you believe in.

Perhaps when you reach my age you will be wiser, but I won't hold my breath, for you seem resistant to wisdom.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 08-05-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
I agree with the person that mentioned the photographer could have taken action instead of watching the child die, he could have carried it to safety.
...and carried the next to safety and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next....

You need to get real dude.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Sorry you get so upset when presented with the truth, you seem to have lost your composure and civility. Your comment was completely wrong, for the reasons I spelled out. It was your comment I addressed, and I called no one a name.

Your little keyboard pounding rant does what to disprove the facts that I spelled out, specifically that you don't know the photographer didn't attempt to help that poor child, nor the fact that the photo is a powerful image that may have helped many such children by bring it to the attention of people around the world, but obviously not enough for 2.5 years the same scenes can be witnessed on the evening news most any night.

I can only assume that your response is that you are fine with your perception that your god is allowing this, and that I dare challenge you view as acceptable at any level. Your goal is to attack me to defend your god. You can you defend that?

Your comment was about the photographer was stupid, sorry that the way I see it, and I find it amusing but sad you don't or won't recognize that. Without that photo, would you even be aware, or is that your preference to ignore the image and what you see as the work of the god you believe in.

Perhaps when you reach my age you will be wiser, but I won't hold my breath, for you seem resistant to wisdom.
That is better than hatred and bigotry, goodnight Archie Bunker. You are not very sagacious yourself, just be happy you weren't born in a Third-World Country.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:03 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
The problems of Africa are mostly caused by man. If you can't feed yourself, you should quit bearing children. They used to be nomads, and agricultural tribes, until other countries decided they needed to be civilized.

Quote:
African culture did not evolve in isolation. It's heavily influenced by European culture, which established colonies all over the continent from the 15th through the 19th (and into the 20th) centuries.

They organized the political structures on the continent to suit their needs, not the needs of the locals. They established large countries where only small gatherings had existed before. They introduced cities and large-scale monoculture farming, designed to produce crops for export. That introduced large populations without evolving the kinds of farming that would work for the local environment. There is sufficient land to feed them if it were used properly, but it's hard to know what "properly" is since they were forced into a European-style plantation.

Worst of all, they often worked by appointing and supporting local dictators. The only way to change power was through revolution, and very few revolutionaries ever have the best for the people in mind. It does happen, occasionally, but most revolutionaries are just other dictators.

That gives rise to some of what's still causing problems today. They're overcrowded into European-style cities with insufficient agricultural base to support them. Often, any aid that comes to them is intercepted either by a corrupt government or by an insurgent group. Lack of resources divides people along old lines, leading to genocides. And the resulting instability makes it nearly impossible to establish good farms.

The aid, unfortunately, is a double-edged sword. In an overpopulated place, medicine just makes it more overpopulated, compassionate as the attempt is. Money is often misused on large projects without the rest of the infrastructure to make it actually useful. Give a man a fish, as they say...

Africa was an impoverished continent before Europeans got there, just as Europe was before the Renaissance brought improvements to culture. But European interference in Africa has scaled up the problems and cut off the routes by which they would resolve themselves naturally.
If there is a God, I don't believe he is very active in our world. I think he allows opportunities for us to make the right decisions, or the wrong ones and bear the consequences. Innocents are caught in the middle. It will all be sorted out in the next plane of existence. I choose to believe that this isn't all there is. It can't be, because it's so unfair. And it's beyond our capability to make it fair.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

This statement shows to me that you did not read the article you just love to lambaste individuals as the photograper subsequently committed suicide because he felt an overwhelming guilt for not having tried to help the child.

Photographs such as these I have seen in National Geographic published many years ago to show the vast poverty in Third-World countries, so this is nothing new.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:36 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,259 times
It is not out of our capacity to make it fare...or Good for all....if we take the Bible seriously....and look at what it says about tending and keeping, and in the light of God sharing..giving..and helping along those lines of faith....putting back something that was taken without permission onto the lands...repenting for it...and making more of it...sharing that..and all other Living things God gave us to live with...in good repore...in good standing..in good measure....That is what God wants from us...and it is eternal...even if this world is dead to this way of thinking....Take Mathew 6:24 into account....Money is a IDOL of engraven images...that is how it is made...So draw a line to it....and then take what they ask us to use in these systems....it is all based on that wealth using Money as the tool...it is asked for..it is imposed on, and it takes the living things and belittles them down to a false value system...and this money does nothing if you ask it...and it solves nothing when they get it.....

What solve problems are minds and hands working together in union!///helpers.

And what Did God say he made? and why he made us?....to be helpers of the Garden...sinlessly so.

one of the commandments is being broken continually by the world order....and it is basing itself on Economics, debt, and that IDOL.....So what do you think God is going to do?....he is going to prove that no matter how much money you make and send to solve the problems money creates...it will never solve them!...it will only make things worse!

But put it down...say a prayer...send some seeds...and teach them to pray...and sow those seeds sinlessly...and what do you think will arise?....Paradise!....is that not what it says?

"those who do the will of the Father (Edens) shall enter Paradise"....no money required!...infact it is the money that has this world in a bloodbath or corruption, bent warfare, destitution, and sickness...with a constant death in toe...for more profits no doubt?...Not putting back what was taken..and holding onto what God expressly said not to have before him......yah....no listening...not doing...not teaching it right......and you show me a picture of the resulting factor and say there is no God??...or where is God on this?......

After sending words of truth, floods and savior of it, sending Prophets and saints..visions, signs, and even his son...whom they rounded up slaughtered!!!....someone has the nerve to say where is God?...why is God not doing anything?.....Please....Something so simple a child could do it...and it has not yet been done by anyone of us completely sinless...wonder why?....and the great ordeal continues....and anyone who tries to put it back...is labled a criminal and punished when caught....wonder why?....since when is growing a plant illegal?....but it is .....as if to say, let no man or woman or other fulfill anything concerning God...for when it is fulfilled...Rev 17:17 comes to bare witness!
And what is this witness to do?....I'd say famine, wars, roomers of wars, plagues and pestilences, sickness and death are now riding on the beasts children....wouldn't you say?

And God said this would be through his son.(exactly the way it is because of our sin and evil onto this world and its people)..and the prophets who spoke to him, Said...through them the word is still true!...

So let us stop talking falsely....it is up to us, to make it right with God first and foremost...putting something back (not for profit and gains in wealth)...stop using the IDOL..and stop polluting the planet, which pollutes all living things....and start putting things back, that were taken in disobediance, where they belong!!!....and were not given....but are required in the system of God....not the system of Man or Woman or OTHER.

EDENS...are the multiple of that estate or kingdom...anything else is in error!...SO stop making errors...and live!..share and be like God...be good, caring of the whole...not the self...and then you are ready!...until that time comes....this sort of thing will sting us into action eventually!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-06-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-06-2011, 11:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The problems of Africa are mostly caused by man.
Nope! The problems in Africa are mostly caused by lack of rain. Such a simple thing for an omnimax deity to produce a rain cloud don't you think?

Quote:
If you can't feed yourself, you should quit bearing children.
Go tell it to the Church that kick up against the use of condoms for family planning.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
That is better than hatred and bigotry, goodnight Archie Bunker. You are not very sagacious yourself, just be happy you weren't born in a Third-World Country.
Sounds like you are content in your willful ignorance. But hatred and bigotry are the teaching of religion, and I leave that to the 85% that revel in willful ignorance

Old 08-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
The problems of Africa are mostly caused by man. If you can't feed yourself, you should quit bearing children. They used to be nomads, and agricultural tribes, until other countries decided they needed to be civilized.
And if things go bad 4 or 5 years after they bear children, such as a drought, then what........ kill them?

Quote:
If there is a God, I don't believe he is very active in our world. I think he allows opportunities for us to make the right decisions, or the wrong ones and bear the consequences. Innocents are caught in the middle. It will all be sorted out in the next plane of existence. I choose to believe that this isn't all there is. It can't be, because it's so unfair. And it's beyond our capability to make it fair.
Ya think

Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Why must a suggested deity be nice?
Why must a suggested deity be rational?

Maybe the Superman In the Sky, if one existed, would be a paranoid, selfish, callous player of twisted mind-games.

It is not logical to refuse to believe in something just because you find that reality unpleasant. I can think of endless unpleasant, even horrific things that I know are real. I don't disbelieve them just because I don't like them.

Now, a complete lack of compelling evidence -- there's your logical rationale for rejecting the superman-in-the-sky...
But it might become irrational to continue believing that something is pleasant (as many believe "God" to be) when you discover that the reality is unpleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality