Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
this may be a risky, but IS a (very) polite question:

are we putting characters or characteristics on display here?
It is difficult not to do both when making assertions about the maturity and intelligence of SOME . . . implicitly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is difficult not to do both when making assertions about the maturity and intelligence of SOME . . . implicitly.

i would rather do without such difficulties, always bearing in mind one could end up assassinated, one way or the other.

grave implications.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
I would just like to butt in real quick and make one point.

You can't see somebody's emotions over the internet. Claiming that you know whether or not somebody is getting angry or hyped up over what you typed is just foolish. With that said, you can't act as if the way you're treated on forum means anything in regards to attributing certain behavior to certain groups of people.

Carry on.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,443 times
Well I just can't identify with this OP - I have no doubts whatsoever that God exists. None. I know it in my spirit, my soul, my mind and my heart. Nothing could convince me otherwise. I think its because I didn't find God - God found me. I have had too many experiences to change my mind, well it couldn't be changed because I just know!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 PM

74 posts, read 126,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Well I just can't identify with this OP - I have no doubts whatsoever that God exists. None. I know it in my spirit, my soul, my mind and my heart. Nothing could convince me otherwise. I think its because I didn't find God - God found me. I have had too many experiences to change my mind, well it couldn't be changed because I just know!!!
I appreciate your conviction in a God, but don't confuse conviction and belief with empirical evidence when you say that you KNOW something, which implies factual proof. Factual proof in a God would be evidence which could be verified, otherwise you are just stating your opinion and what you term as KNOWING is in fact just your belief.
As to the OP, there is no credible evidence to suggest there is a God. Coming to grips with this reality should be liberating. There is freedom in truth, and although it's not grandiose like Mansions and Streets of Gold, it is real. At the very core, survival is the purpose of life. When you have mastered that, then there are any number of ways to be happy and enjoy this 1 life; by making this world a better place. How to do that is for you to decide.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Naw, being an Atheist doesn't disappoint me, but it sure seems to disappoint a lot of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality