Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Free will is an illusion since he (being all powerful, knowing etc) knows the moment we are born that some of us are going to hell for ever and suffer high temperatures. - some choice.
It's also hard to be considered free will when we are threatened with unending torture if we don't do exactly as God wants. "You are free to choose how to live your life, except if you don't do it the way I say then you'll spend eternity in the most unimaginable agony and misery. K, have fun, and do whatever you want!"

And to complicate matters further, what God wants is only written in one book that was cobbled together from lots of ancient manuscripts (many if not all which were copies of copies of copies) which, in some cases, may not even be related in any way, and many of which were excluded in the translation process for whatever reasons. Which ones matter? What about the ones that didn't make it into the translation? For all we know they may be just as important as the others, or many of the included books may have next to nothing to do with our salvation. What if Menthu is the one true God? Then we're all screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:01 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Butler View Post
ALL i can tell you is be TRUE to yourselves first and everybody else second, my father was a Goverment created killing machine and my mother was a devout Christian so opposites do attract, my father never tried to act Good and my Mother never tried to act Bad.

I think you lot fail to understand what i am trying to tell you, all i see are actors created by the world Good when it is beneficial to them and then bad when it is beneficial to them, cardboard cut outs of what i remember real people not to be like: They think that is the normal way they should be, because they are blinded by the world.

Honestly Keith, even though I may disagree with you, I'm always fascinated reading what you have to say.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
It's also hard to be considered free will when we are threatened with unending torture if we don't do exactly as God wants. "You are free to choose how to live your life, except if you don't do it the way I say then you'll spend eternity in the most unimaginable agony and misery. K, have fun, and do whatever you want!"

And to complicate matters further, what God wants is only written in one book that was cobbled together from lots of ancient manuscripts (many if not all which were copies of copies of copies) which, in some cases, may not even be related in any way, and many of which were excluded in the translation process for whatever reasons. Which ones matter? What about the ones that didn't make it into the translation? For all we know they may be just as important as the others, or many of the included books may have next to nothing to do with our salvation. What if Menthu is the one true God? Then we're all screwed.
At least some Egyptians would be ok
Menthu - Egyptian Mythology - Hawk God of War (http://www.egyptiandreams.co.uk/menthu.php - broken link)
(I had to look that up )

Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 PM

67 posts, read 103,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Honestly Keith, even though I may disagree with you, I'm always fascinated reading what you have to say.
well think how i feel about it, i really did not have any education, punctuation is still a puzzle to me, i can build computers, play musical instruments and it is all easy: The reason this happened to me is because i was blessed as a child and got blinded by the world and started ACTING bad to get all the worlds goodies GOLD, sports cars etc etc etc, if i were BAD and was blessed by evil and got blinded by the world and started going to church etc etc etc maybe the same thing would happen?, but i cannot say about that. i had a house full of Gold.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1/IMAG0079.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1/Img00047.jpg

and i could show you some of the many sports cars etc etc, look why should i even make the effort because i already know that nobody is going to believe me, but it is something i have to post at this time, this is taken from a soccer site and they are starting to believe me

The whole world changed back in 1993 and only a few people noticed,for example the guy who runs a vending company he and his wife went on a murder mystery weekend at a hotel, he told me they were looking forward to it, I receive a text message saying what a brilliant night they both had and how much they both enjoyed it.

The message is still on my phone and he cannot remember ever going even to the point of getting angry with me?, my other friend who i have know since the age of five brings me DVDS and he writes the contents on the disc with black magic marker, he recently brought me the same DVD that he did the week before, so i said you already gave me that DVD and he swore that he never, so i produce the first DVD his handwriting with the same content and he starts ranting and raving that it is some kind of trickery on my part?.

I am as thick as two short planks compared to these guys in ability and just about everything else but i do not forget things that easily and when i proof it to them they still refuse to accept it.

The depression well in advance The Gold i said would be the only thing of value and even when i posted that if people had of bought Gold they would have made a killing, The virus and what would happen within five years, now reduced to four if this is not already the killer strain, The food shortages will happen and Tony Blair has the potential to become the most dangerous man on this planet simply because he really is a complete lunatic. it is just like the manic preacher said, just do em, they are just like cattle.

Last edited by Keith Butler; 05-12-2009 at 08:17 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Default .

Just to add to the above post i can proof that four four years i have been warning people about the British Goverment and that they are dangerous criminals, Blair giving nine billion away for the future prosperity of eastern europe: Brown selling half our gold reserves for next to nothing and making a law to forbid anybody from seeing who purchased this Gold and i could write a book on these nutters and i said the LIE would consume them. now read any uk newspaper. and so Boxcar Overkill i am doing the only thing i can do for my own salvation and maybe anybody else that believes what i am saying.

I want to be wrong, i want to be deluded, i do not even want to believe it myself and i hope one day to see you and everybody else laughing at me for been an idiot.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Butler View Post
Just to add to the above post i can proof that four four years i have been warning people about the British Goverment and that they are dangerous criminals, Blair giving nine billion away for the future prosperity of eastern europe: Brown selling half our gold reserves for next to nothing and making a law to forbid anybody from seeing who purchased this Gold and i could write a book on these nutters and i said the LIE would consume them. now read any uk newspaper. and so Boxcar Overkill i am doing the only thing i can do for my own salvation and maybe anybody else that believes what i am saying.

I want to be wrong, i want to be deluded, i do not even want to believe it myself and i hope one day to see you and everybody else laughing at me for been an idiot.
It's entertaining to read, anyway. It's like reading the script from a movie. Maybe you should write a book or start a blog.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's entertaining to read, anyway. It's like reading the script from a movie. Maybe you should write a book or start a blog.
and your comments would make it entertainment de luxe ...

(probably even enhance the art of advanced conversation on a forum like this?)

Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
and your comments would make it entertainment de luxe ...

(probably even enhance the art of advanced conversation on a forum like this?)

Yes and so would yours and everybody else because i know that every word spoken and written will be accounted for, but i am more than terrified of my accountants simply because they do not charge you money. here is a tongue in cheek post i done in another forum at least i am not copying and pasting stuff in Arabic liKe my friend eanassir

Dooms Day Grand National
The favourite in my opinion is Anthony Blair, He and his female trainer leave a path of despair and destruction in there wake, The north Korean leader that Elvis impersonator who likes John Wayne movies has a great sense of humour and thinks like i do about the UN.

i cannot imagine what the Japanese thought when there radar picked up a ballistic missile approaching northern Japan, They cried sanctions! forgetting why they attacked pearl Harbor all those years ago, The American president had some harsh words to say about the incident and been the only country to deploy such weapons on Japan of all places he should keep his mouth shut tight.

The impish Iranian president who admits to seeing visions and hearing voices unlike our odds on favourite likes to warn his enemies what he is going to do in advance which is always a very bad tactical error.

The Russians are run by the mafia so a good bung will keep them out of the running, The Chinese supply north Korea with nearly everything but seem a very stable country at present.

THE FORM

Tony Blair: runs well on every surface, one illegal war under his belt already, took the job of peace envoy to the middle east straight after causing the war, thinks that islam is very progressive and keeps a koran at the side of his bed and yet became a catholic and now likes to advise the pope.
he is on the circuit in the USA making a fortune talking absolute garbage whilst they pay him back the money he swindled from the British.

This man is a possible EU president the vipers nest of corruption fourteen years of never having its books signed off and billions going missing, all this makes no difference to the UK because Gordon the communist and chums are putting the final nails in our coffin.

The Virus: Highly adaptive able to mutate and migrate across species and always seeking perfection and even has subtle variants like we have different colour skin and hair and it does not care what you believe in it just wants to infect you.

The Sun: A fusion of pure heat and light that provides the Earth with energy to give us life providing the earth orbits at a certain distance to near and we burn to far and we freeze, can send out a giant solar flare and even knock out all electronics for many years.

The Comet or Meteor A deep impact of anything above a mile in size of a meteor could cause a ice age and wipe out all life, The Comets mass and make up would have variable results and is more an airburst effect and would be unlikely to extinguish all life unless very large in mass and trajectory.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatetruth View Post
confused.....
any thoughts?
Your question is: "If God created everything, why did he create Satan???"

Think about it: Why did Hitler's parents create Hitler?

It is my belief that God the Father created the spirit bodies of every person who has ever lived or will ever live on this planet. Among them were Jesus Christ, Lucifer, and everyone reading this post. Then he allowed us to make CHOICES!

It was Lucifer's choices, freely made, to rebel and oppose God's plan of happiness for His spirit children that made him into the person we know today as "Satan."

It is our own freely made choices (for good or for evil) during our mortal probation that are creating our character, turning us into the person we will be in the eternities.

I believe that we each have the potential to be all good (like Jesus) or all evil (like Satan), or all points along that continuum. If it was not so, if we were not free to choose our behavior, we could not be judged righteously or held accountable for our actions.

That's how I see it.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,685,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Your question is: "If God created everything, why did he create Satan???"

Think about it: Why did Hitler's parents create Hitler?

It is my belief that God the Father created the spirit bodies of every person who has ever lived or will ever live on this planet. Among them were Jesus Christ, Lucifer, and everyone reading this post. Then he allowed us to make CHOICES!

It was Lucifer's choices, freely made, to rebel and oppose God's plan of happiness for His spirit children that made him into the person we know today as "Satan."

It is our own freely made choices (for good or for evil) during our mortal probation that are creating our character, turning us into the person we will be in the eternities.

I believe that we each have the potential to be all good (like Jesus) or all evil (like Satan), or all points along that continuum. If it was not so, if we were not free to choose our behavior, we could not be judged righteously or held accountable for our actions.

That's how I see it.
So what do you think about post 71 above (about the illusion of choice/free will being meaningless)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality