Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,533 times

Advertisements

Hi Ron,

Hope all is well for you. I noticed when I left organized religion that my connection with nature began to strengthen. I discovered more peace of mind, not being so concerned with the notion of "trying to do the right thing to please God". I just began being me, being comfortable with who I am and what I did and what I believed. Being on a spiritual path as opposed to a religious path is night and day different. On the spiritual path you get to discover what you connect with regardless of what a religion says about it. Much luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 01:28 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,808 times
//pics3.city-data.com/images/ootn2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I am not talking about Christianity and any other organized religion. I just want to become more spiritual and develop a relationship with a higher power.

I do like daoism and I have thought about practicing it. I've made no decision yet.

I think that's the next level of growth for me in my life.

Please, no debates or arguing in this thread, there is enough of that going on in the forum already.

Give your POv but please do not argue.

Ron

To become more spiritual you just have to clear your mind & let the spiritual world speak & teach you things.

Like an Angel of God said to a woman "Stop thinking all the time & then there will be room in your mind for me to give messages to you".

Telepathy! Most people who are visited or lifted up by spiritual beings mention how the beings spoke clearly with their minds & never moved their lips.

That telepathy is open to you right now. It doesn't come & go or fade away. The Spiritual Side doesn't fade away. We just fill our minds with material thoughts or even religious thoughts, & that makes us too dense for the spiritual Side to get through to.

So 'Clearing your mind of all thought including thoughts about spiritual instructions or religious teachings etc, is all you have to do. Just ignore all thoughts that enter your mind & after a few minutes your mind just stays perfectly clear.

That will make it easy for the spiritual side to begin communicating with you, & then once you know what the spiritual side is like They will start manifesting, & lifting your soul out of your body, & taking you to learn more things about the spiritual side.

It is like a caterpillar inside a cocoon is suddenly freed & is able to fly & see infinity for the first time. Or it's like a bird in an egg suddenly makes the effort to free itself & it opens a crack in its shell & sees reality for the first time.
Or it's like a blind man who has been blind all his life & did not know that all he had to do was open his eyelids & he could see.

All you have to do is clear your mind & open it to the spiritual side so that the spiritual side can start communicating to you

Old 12-05-2019, 01:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 27,635,592 times
Yep. free your mind.
easy say.
Hard do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5OUIbJPWzU

Old 12-05-2019, 01:48 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times
I know this was an old thread, but I'd like to combine (at least I think) what PTSUM and Aeroman said.

One shouldn't go into it looking for "THE" answer. There are a lot of pieces of the puzzle, and no religion -- and especially not the hellish religion touted by ocean777 -- has all the answers. Be a cherry picker. Yes, I believe firmly in cherry picking. FInd something you believe is wise in christianity? Take it out, take it for a spin, see if it works for you. Same for Buddhism. And almost any other religion out there. And what you end up with is a mix of philosophies that make you a spiritual citizen of the world.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
especially not the hellish religion touted by ocean777
Don't listen to poppycock & Codswallop dear folks. I have never touted any religion.

I have always said that 'all religions worship different aspects of the same God'.

Heaven is real however, & so is Hell.

You don't have to follow a religion to end up in either place

Just open your mind to the spiritual side & you will meet demons & angels & you'll figure out for yourself which direction to take.

The reason occult things & black magic are evil is that people use them to control material things. And that interferes with the spiritual beings who control everything that happens on the earth.

So if you want to become spiritual then don't try to use spiritual powers to change things

Old 12-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Don't listen to poppycock & Codswallop dear folks. I have never touted any religion.

I have always said that 'all religions worship different aspects of the same God'.

Heaven is real however, & so is Hell.

You don't have to follow a religion to end up in either place

Just open your mind to the spiritual side & you will meet demons & angels & you'll figure out for yourself which direction to take.

The reason occult things & black magic are evil is that people use them to control material things. And that interferes with the spiritual beings who control everything that happens on the earth.

So if you want to become spiritual then don't try to use spiritual powers to change things
No, Buddhism does not worship a god.

Since you have been to hell so often, I would say it was very poor advice for people to listen to you.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:39 PM

One of the buddhist goals is to actually become a god in heaven

Quote:
Buddhism includes a wide array of divine beings that are venerated in various ritual and popular contexts. Initially they included mainly Indian deities such as devas and yakshas, but later came to include other Asian spirits and local gods. They range from enlightened Buddhas to regional spirits adopted by Buddhists or practiced on the margins of the religion.

Buddhists later also came to incorporate aspects from countries such as China and Japan into their pantheons.[1] As such, it includes many aspects taken from other mythologies of those cultures. Saraswati is a Hindu Deva from Gandhara and the kami[1] are considered to be local, Japanese bodhisattvas by many Japanese Buddhists.Buddhist_deities
Millions of people have seen Hell. I have to. It's real.

I've been to Heaven as well.

It's all true.

The antichrist attacks me because I tell folk I have been to Hell. Because if Hell exists then so does Christ. They hate that. LOL

Old 12-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
One of the buddhist goals is to actually become a god in heaven

Millions of people have seen Hell. I have to. It's real.

I've been to Heaven as well.

It's all true.

The antichrist attacks me because I tell folk I have been to Hell. Because if Hell exists then so does Christ. They hate that. LOL
Certainly not in Theravada Buddhism.

With your past record, it would seem as if God was trying to tell you about your likely outcome.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,405,330 times
Good answers so far. Summer of 2009 I was Bap in the Holy Spirit...everything changed after that .

Anyhoo, practically this is what I would say:
Condition your heart, ready your heart, train your focus, prepare the soil as if for seeds, invite the Guest
to the Secret Place in the center of yourself to come into the stillness He loves.

Me? I surround myself with what others have said - the Mystics, Kabir, Hafiz, Mirabai, St. T of Avila, Catherine of Sienna, Mechthild of Magdeburg.
Oh my, so many intoxicated with God's Divine Love and Presence.
Look at this everyday, for example: Take 7 min...build a desire to want this Ecstasy, also...to know God Himself and be afforded this Bliss.
(This would be 1 of my ways.) Bernini's St. Teresa, immerse yourself in lovers of God to stir your soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRyhyJswqc

Old 12-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
To begin with there are gods (devas) and other spirits (yakshas) in the Pali Canon and other recensions of the Buddha’s pre-Mahayana teachings. They are part of the six worlds of rebirth (hells, hungry ghosts, animals, asura or fighting demons, humans, and heavens - sometimes asura are counted with the devas in the heavens so there are only five worlds). There are discourses in the Pali Canon where the Buddha positively affirms the existence of these beings...

Buddhists (such as Theravadins) are free to believe in deities (even exhorted to by the Buddha) BUT these gods are also caught in the cycle of rebirth, they are not the same as any monotheistic or even monistic conceptions of God, they can be appealed to for mundane protection and concerns... Why do Theravada Buddhists pray to gods or spirits?
Therevada buddhists still pray to a god. Just not the Big God Christians & others believe in.

You see Genesis explains on the first page that God created the heavens under water. There are 7 levels to heaven & these are all places that people & God can go to.

Buddha figured all the gods in the heavens & even the heavens themselves are temporary & therefore false. He wanted to rise above all of the heavens & any gods who dwell there. That means he wanted to go to where God was before God created the heavens. He will still find someone (His Maker) there however. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality