Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,039,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You've experienced God's love yet you don't read His Book or believe it. Everything you post is false teaching.
The bible is MANS book. God did not write it. It contains stories. That is all. If you get inspiration from that book, then by all means, be inspired. I do not. I get inspired by other means. It is not wrong to do that. That is just your thinking because you have been brainwashed to believe otherwise. God is not religious. God did not create paper. God did not create those stories. Those people wrote their own stories in that book and people just took it as God's word. He is Love and love does not know a book. Love is inside of us. Love is what we are made of. Love is the saving grace. If you think that Love is wrong, so be it. Love is what created the universe and Love is what created you and me and everyone else. A book cannot give Love nor create Love. Do you not understand that? Have you not known true Love? I have God's Love within me and I am immortal. All ways and in All Ways. You can mock me and make fun of me but that won't change that fact. Sorry bub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 AM

23,032 posts, read 34,467,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The bible is MANS book. God did not write it. It contains stories. That is all. If you get inspiration from that book, then by all means, be inspired. I do not. I get inspired by other means. It is not wrong to do that. That is just your thinking because you have been brainwashed to believe otherwise. God is not religious. God did not create paper. God did not create those stories. Those people wrote their own stories in that book and people just took it as God's word. He is Love and love does not know a book. Love is inside of us. Love is what we are made of. Love is the saving grace. If you think that Love is wrong, so be it. Love is what created the universe and Love is what created you and me and everyone else. A book cannot give Love nor create Love. Do you not understand that? Have you not known true Love? I have God's Love within me and I am immortal. All ways and in All Ways. You can mock me and make fun of me but that won't change that fact. Sorry bub.
You started this conversation with me and I am ending it. This is off topic and not helping the OP.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,320,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont think I can be convinced. All most do is argue about how they are right and others are wrong and post Bible versus. Just pushes me farther away.
If you don't think or want to be convinced, it sounds like you are wasting your time. If someone doesn't want to change, then they want change. There is nothing that we can do to make you do anything that you don't want to do. The choice is up to you in what you really want.

The fact or the matter is, if you want to know God then you will seek Him, if you don't then you will continue to go down the path that you are on.

When a person ask question like you and say that they have prayed, my mind thinks, was the person seeking God with all of their heart. When you really analyze what a person is doing, then you get to the bottom issue to why or why not the person is not hearing from God.

I would say, because you really are not convinced that God is real, and it sounds like you aren't really surrendering and going to God. I didn't hear from God until I hear that.

Sorry, but it's just hard to me to believe that a person is praying and seeking God with all their heart, and God is just not speaking to the person. It is something that you are not doing, or something that you are doing. When I asked you what God you were praying to, you said that you think. A person who is confident in Jesus, will say Jesus. It sounds like your not actually in a relationship with God.

Tell, me this do you even love God, do you have a relationship with God, how many hour or time do you spend with God, do you read your bible, do you talk to God, do you thank God for your life, do you talk to God about your plans and so forth? It sounds like you might not be doing these things. So, you want to hear from Jesus, then go to Him and do what He tells you to do. Plain and simple. It's not that hard.

If you really want to know Jesus, just start with developing your relationship with Him. If you don't know how to do that and you realy want to know, you can read some books. But I personally wouldn't mind telling you how I developed my relationship with God, and would assist you with your walk with Jesus, if that is what you would like. I would encourage you to read books on Jesus, spend some time in prayer, and others. The choice is up to you.

The best place to start in developing a relationship with Jesus.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-01-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 10:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,702,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
If you don't think or want to be convinced, it sounds like you are wasting your time. If someone doesn't want to change, then they want change. There is nothing that we can do to make you do anything that you don't want to do. The choice is up to you in what you really want.

The fact or the matter is, if you want to know God then you will seek Him, if you don't then you will continue to go down the path that you are on.
I did.But all it does is bring out the worst in people it seems.All the arguing, rudeness. And what path am I on exactly?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I did.But all it does is bring out the worst in people it seems.All the arguing, rudeness. And what path am I on exactly?
It sounds like you are on the path of not really wanting to be convinced!!

Quote:
I did.But all it does is bring out the worst in people it seems.
Then you were surrounded by the wrong people. I don't see any arguing in here, but you seem to still have a made up mind. What exactly are you looking for, if you don't want to find God?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
It sounds like you are on the path of not really wanting to be convinced!!

Then you were surrounded by the wrong people. I don't see any arguing in here, but you seem to still have a made up mind. What exactly are you looking for, if you don't want to find God?
You need to read the posts again if you think people are not arguing. You need to read the other threads as well.
I need something besides feelings and bible versus to be convinced. It isn't as easy as saying OK I am convinced with nothing to convince me.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 AM

3,487 posts, read 4,569,549 times
Quote:
Thank you for your post. I would like to believe in something greater out there, but the scientist side of me talks me out of it! I have everything I need, but one has to wonder if they are missing out on something. I do not need 100% proof, just more than what a book says.
Maybe you have that need and that need is actually a calling from God to you. If you read in the Bible and other religious books and experiences that people have made through the millenia, they have had the same type of feeling.

What damage does it do to you if you decide to live a Godly life even if you are not sure God does exist? Do you think that if you read the ten commandments the principles there will harm you?

If you read the principles of a journey in life as Buda did will it harm you?

How about many of the spiritual guides you can see everywhere?

Maybe as you simply say, well, these teachings do fill something in my life. I will try them. Along the way maybe the light will come to you and "feel" there is a God. Have you ever studied a subject that you may not totally understand and even question but you stay with it and suddenly the light bulb comes up?

Example: Electricity. For a long time we have respected and used electricity even though we cannot really the actual minute electrons. We simply test the behavior and have concluded that regardless of how what we call electrons work may not be as we think they look.

The same with God. I do not think it will do any harm to you to simply look around and join a group that believes in God and you feel good with them. You may find you will like living that life.

Example: I do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. I do not believe the Bible IS THE word of God. However, I do beleive there is wisdom that could come from God in the Bible. I do go to church services with my wife because I know it means a lot to her so I simply join her to be together. I do not think I am hypocritical. I do it more for my wife. However, I do feel something good going to church and to mingle with the people there.
It does me no harm to go to church. I simply learn from the moral principals they teach and do not concentrate whether God exists or not. Maybe in my journey in looking for an answer I may get it BUT if not. I can at least can say I enjoyed the journey. I have not problem if in my journey I find I like attending any other major religions that is not christian. That would not bother me at all. The best conclusion for me is that God manifests himself everywhere in all religions because he realizes people in their own unique way are looking for him and learn to follow him their own unique way. We the people are the ones that at times complicate things by arguing, warring, hating each other simply because some believe in trinity or not. I do wonder how God feels by us doing this things in his name.

I re-state, I do go back and forth between agnostic even Deist and atheism. However, I do not feel bad about it. It is my jouney seeking for answers in life. I believe that is God exists, he know my sincerity and see my heart.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:

When a person ask question like you and say that they have prayed, my mind thinks, was the person seeking God with all of their heart. When you really analyze what a person is doing, then you get to the bottom issue to why or why not the person is not hearing from God.

I would say, because you really are not convinced that God is real, and it sounds like you aren't really surrendering and going to God. I didn't hear from God until I hear that.

Sorry, but it's just hard to me to believe that a person is praying and seeking God with all their heart, and God is just not speaking to the person. It is something that you are not doing, or something that you are doing. When I asked you what God you were praying to, you said that you think. A person who is confident in Jesus, will say Jesus. It sounds like your not actually in a relationship with God.

Tell, me this do you even love God, do you have a relationship with God, how many hour or time do you spend with God, do you read your bible, do you talk to God, do you thank God for your life, do you talk to God about your plans and so forth? It sounds like you might not be doing these things. So, you want to hear from Jesus, then go to Him and do what He tells you to do. Plain and simple. It's not that hard.

If you really want to know Jesus, just start with developing your relationship with Him. If you don't know how to do that and you realy want to know, you can read some books. But I personally wouldn't mind telling you how I developed my relationship with God, and would assist you with your walk with Jesus, if that is what you would like. I would encourage you to read books on Jesus, spend some time in prayer, and others. The choice is up to you.

The best place to start in developing a relationship with Jesus.
How can I surrender to something I don't know is real? I can see I am going to get nowhere. Books and feelings are not a explanation of God. If you think your feelings are due to god, that is your belief and I respect that. if god wants to come and slap me on the back of my head and say "yo chicky I am real" well I will listen, obviously, but because I get a warm and fuzzy over something, well there are many possible reasons for that. but I would NEVER belittle anyone due to their beliefs.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
How can I surrender to something I don't know is real? I can see I am going to get nowhere. Books and feelings are not a explanation of God. If you think your feelings are due to god, that is your belief and I respect that. if god wants to come and slap me on the back of my head and say "yo chicky I am real" well I will listen, obviously, but because I get a warm and fuzzy over something, well there are many possible reasons for that. but I would NEVER belittle anyone due to their beliefs.
You are right this is rather pointless, because you are missing the big picture. You are wanting to find God, right, but you are on citi data forum, asking where is God. That is not the best and smart thing if you really want to find God. I can't find God for you, and neither can anyone else, only you can do that, and that is outside of citi data form.

Living a life for God is a lifestyle. If you want to know God, find Him, for yourself.

Quote:
]How can I surrender to something I don't know is real?
Its simple, develop your relationship with Jesus. If you don't want to do that, then have a nice life. See ya

You make your own decisions.

Wish you the best on your journey to where ever you are trying to go.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-01-2009 at 11:41 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Maybe you have that need and that need is actually a calling from God to you. If you read in the Bible and other religious books and experiences that people have made through the millenia, they have had the same type of feeling.

What damage does it do to you if you decide to live a Godly life even if you are not sure God does exist? Do you think that if you read the ten commandments the principles there will harm you?

If you read the principles of a journey in life as Buda did will it harm you?

How about many of the spiritual guides you can see everywhere?

Maybe as you simply say, well, these teachings do fill something in my life. I will try them. Along the way maybe the light will come to you and "feel" there is a God. Have you ever studied a subject that you may not totally understand and even question but you stay with it and suddenly the light bulb comes up?

Example: Electricity. For a long time we have respected and used electricity even though we cannot really the actual minute electrons. We simply test the behavior and have concluded that regardless of how what we call electrons work may not be as we think they look.

The same with God. I do not think it will do any harm to you to simply look around and join a group that believes in God and you feel good with them. You may find you will like living that life.

Example: I do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. I do not believe the Bible IS THE word of God. However, I do beleive there is wisdom that could come from God in the Bible. I do go to church services with my wife because I know it means a lot to her so I simply join her to be together. I do not think I am hypocritical. I do it more for my wife. However, I do feel something good going to church and to mingle with the people there.
It does me no harm to go to church. I simply learn from the moral principals they teach and do not concentrate whether God exists or not. Maybe in my journey in looking for an answer I may get it BUT if not. I can at least can say I enjoyed the journey. I have not problem if in my journey I find I like attending any other major religions that is not christian. That would not bother me at all. The best conclusion for me is that God manifests himself everywhere in all religions because he realizes people in their own unique way are looking for him and learn to follow him their own unique way. We the people are the ones that at times complicate things by arguing, warring, hating each other simply because some believe in trinity or not. I do wonder how God feels by us doing this things in his name.

I re-state, I do go back and forth between agnostic even Deist and atheism. However, I do not feel bad about it. It is my jouney seeking for answers in life. I believe that is God exists, he know my sincerity and see my heart.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

I have read the ten commandments. I am a good person, other than occasionally speeding I have never committed a crime. I love and cherish my parents, I do not covet any neighbor, I have never cheated, nor murdered nor robbed.
I have read the bible, gone to church, talked with people. I just do not agree with the Bible and a lot of what it says. If my kids misbehaved or didn't agree with me or believe what I said was true, I would not throw them into the pits of hell. I do not believe in the great flood,talking burning bush, Adam and Eve, garden of Eden. Old testament, New testament seems like two different Gods, or was he just bi-polar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality