Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 04:06 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Love the cherry-picking. Did the rest of the post sink in, or did your eyes only pick out what you wanted to see?
I played your game with you; obviously, you have nothing to debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 04:12 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,860,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Nope! nada.
A crocodile does not breathe out fire and set coal's on fire with his breath, and his underbelly is soft, not impregnable with a spear. Crocodiles are caught, and Leviathan is not, and a crocodile is not the chief of God's creation over all the children of pride..
whales do not eat grass like an ox and a whale does not have a tail like a cedar tree and leave pointy imprints in the mud with his claws.
and what on earth are you substituting for a fiery flying serpent? can't figure that one out.
What is this tail you speak of?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,425,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
What is this tail you speak of?
Apparently they believe these creatures had "tails" like a "cedar" tree. Which would mean it would look something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?-dinocedartail1.gif  

Old 07-29-2009, 05:00 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,860,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Apparently they believe these creatures had "tails" like a "cedar" tree. Which would mean it would look something like this.
Really? That tail? Is this true, yeshuasavedme?

Old 07-29-2009, 05:27 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,427,492 times
Quote:
Nope! nada.
A crocodile does not breathe out fire and set coal's on fire with his breath, and his underbelly is soft, not impregnable with a spear. Crocodiles are caught, and Leviathan is not, and a crocodile is not the chief of God's creation over all the children of pride..
whales do not eat grass like an ox and a whale does not have a tail like a cedar tree and leave pointy imprints in the mud with his claws.
and what on earth are you substituting for a fiery flying serpent? can't figure that one out.
More hogwash.

Keep up the good work, the Athiests need you.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:28 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,427,492 times
Quote:
I played your game with you; obviously, you have nothing to debate.
There is just no debating with someone who refuses reality for fantasy and fairy tales, like you.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,970,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I respect your opinion and I have heard this argument before. So how do you explain the physical proof of things that are older than biblical belief?
I would really like to know and in my 58 years, nobody has ever done anything but avoid the question. You seem knowledgeable and perhaps you are the one to enlighten me.
Well, I really don't know how much I can enlighten you. I am not a Christian or Jew. I study the bible from a scholarly perspective, not a spiritual one. Being an agnostic, I cannot explain the existence of things that are older than the bible from a spiritual point-of-view. I believe in evolution, but certainly acknowledge that science doesn't have ALL the answers...yet anyway and maybe never will. I see the Old Testament as a collection of Jewish mythology no different than the tales of Homer. So with all that said, I don't really think I can help enlighten you unless you can accept scientific explanations.

Last edited by Fullback32; 07-29-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,047,005 times
What is Christians take on The Wooly Mammoth ?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Really? That tail? Is this true, yeshuasavedme?
Boy, YHWH's very own words in the Bible describing a dinosaur really grates you guys and gets under your skin- but why?, since you deny the Bible anyway, does it cause you to gnash your teeth and foam at the mouth so?
Quote:
Job 40:15 "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.

See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.

Hemoves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.

He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

Surely the mountains yield food for him,
And all the beasts of the field play there.

He lies under the lotus trees,
In a covert of reeds and marsh.

The lotus trees cover him with their shade;
The willows by the brook surround him.

Indeed the river may rage,
Yet he is not disturbed;
He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,

Though he takes it in his eyes,
Or one pierces his nose with a snare.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
There is just no debating with someone who refuses reality for fantasy and fairy tales, like you.
Have you tried debating? -I haven't noticed any attempt yet, on your part, to do anything at all in a scholarly manner. I have noticed your childish mocking and jeering, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality