Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,957,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Thanks, I totally agree with you and everything you said, but I still wonder where the human need for God came about and why no other creatures on this earth have shown similar urges. Also why have no other creatures on this earth after so many millions of years evolved to any point even close to where we are. I still question our origin.
well, Yukiko (ohi-yo gozi-mas, BTW) that's because we have evolved the specific intellectual ability of self-realization, of visualization and of realization that we are here. It's created all manner of problems, including the determination that there must be a God, for those who can't get beyond the idea that we're here, we were here yesterday and we'll be here tomorrow.

The reaction one has when one gazes down at their own navel for the first time and says "Hey! What's that?" and then an entire world of philosophizing and assumptive answers arises. Doesn't mean it's true.

It's simply an evolutionary addition in our neuronal connections, our internal logic circuits. Nothing particularly special, and actually, it's now been proven to exist in some other higher intellectual animals, such as dolphins, crows, etc. The ability to consider the future....

The associated arrogance (We humans must be OH SO SPECIAL!) is, believe me, going to get us in trouble... it already has. The eventual societal collpase is viewed with much happy anticipation by The End Time types, who desperately want it to all collapse. They intend to take happy solace in the struggles of us sinners as we are denied access onto that alien craft.

Actually, I suspect that the aliens who started this big experiment in Evolution will only let the atheists on board. Why save the monumentally gullible, after all?

Imagine the turmoil, when the promised ship does come, but only athesits are allowed on. That idea is spectacularly funny! I think Hollywood, which is a known colony of atheists, should do that movie. I'm gonna call my agent this morning. I'll be rich!

Trouble is, for them, they'll just get incinerated along with the others who cluster in the big cities and flock to the churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are the myth believer in this matter, being so sure that Polo could not have seen what he reported and believing the lie of evolution that wants so desperately to cover up all human-dino/dragon/beheme/fiery flying serpent, interaction.

So you are not familiar with Polo's travels and his reports of dragons pulling the khan's chariots, [so they were 4 legged dragons, and not the two legged, which Polo wrote of which I pasted earlier]? and you are not familiar with Polo's reports of the royal appointments of persons to feed the khan's dragons, and you are not familiar with Polo's writings, which state that some dragons were eaten, and their gall, liver, and other organs were used for medicine, as well as their ground up bones?

Now you're just being silly. You seem to have a very bad habit of twisting things around in order to make them match with your own personal point of view. Unfortunately, you continue to fail over and over again, which only sends your credibility right down the drain. I clearly indicated that dragon bones are dug up all the time and used in China. I've also shown that dragons are a part of traditional culture in East and Southeast Asia. Did I not post a video showing fireballs of a dragon in the Mekong River? Did I ever say there are no gigantic creatures in Asia? Please stop fabricating things.

Here are a few good photos of these monsters:
Giant Catfish May Be World's Largest Freshwater Fish

YouTube - Giant Catfish of Mekong River weighs over 600LBS

Thank you for the link about Marco Polo's accounting of dragons in China. It gives an impressive description about the beasts, but no where does it say Marco Polo actually saw any of these dragons with his own eyes, nor does it say he went on any hunts that successfully tracked and killed any dragons. Most likely Marco Polo probably wrote what he was told by the locals and from seeing sculptures and artwork showing dragons which are common all over China. In addition, China is famous for its festivals featuring dragons.
Here's the Marco Polo link again that you posted as your "proof":
Marco Polo in China

The dragon bones in China are the fossils of dinosaurs. I will again restate that you have absolutely no idea about the Orient and the cultures there. Now, who's the believer in myths?
DISCOVERY: The Dragon Bone Collectors -- Beijing Review

World’s Largest Deposit of Dinosaur Bones Found In China « Quipster

Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 PM

895 posts, read 2,370,697 times
Quote:
thanks, i totally agree with you and everything you said, but i still wonder where the human need for god came about and why no other creatures on this earth have shown similar urges. Also why have no other creatures on this earth after so many millions of years evolved to any point even close to where we are. I still question our origin.
えええ?あなたは日本人ですか?

What do you mean by "evolved" what where we are? All creatures alive today are as evolved and specialized for their role in nature. Evolved doesnt mean "more advanced" or something, you need to read what evolution is. If there is a past rat that was too small in its nitch and after thousands or millions of years it gets bigger teeth and grows bigger than it has evolved and most likely reached perfection for its nitch, in that sense it is as evolved as us. Actually evolution is not static, humans arent as "evolved" as can be. We still have tiny hair all over our body in the same places as a chimpanzee (look at your shoulder stomach or back you have tiny little hairs), our backs are still not perfect, and our mouth is too small for all of our teeth (wisdom) etc.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:39 PM

1,118 posts, read 3,676,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
well, Yukiko (ohi-yo gozi-mas, BTW) that's because we have evolved the specific intellectual ability of self-realization, of visualization and of realization that we are here. It's created all manner of problems, including the determination that there must be a God, for those who can't get beyond the idea that we're here, we were here yesterday and we'll be here tomorrow.

The reaction one has when one gazes down at their own navel for the first time and says "Hey! What's that?" and then an entire world of philosophizing and assumptive answers arises. Doesn't mean it's true.

It's simply an evolutionary addition in our neuronal connections, our internal logic circuits. Nothing particularly special, and actually, it's now been proven to exist in some other higher intellectual animals, such as dolphins, crows, etc. The ability to consider the future....

The associated arrogance (We humans must be OH SO SPECIAL!) is, believe me, going to get us in trouble... it already has. The eventual societal collpase is viewed with much happy anticipation by The End Time types, who desperately want it to all collapse. They intend to take happy solace in the struggles of us sinners as we are denied access onto that alien craft.

Actually, I suspect that the aliens who started this big experiment in Evolution will only let the atheists on board. Why save the monumentally gullible, after all?

Imagine the turmoil, when the promised ship does come, but only athesits are allowed on. That idea is spectacularly funny! I think Hollywood, which is a known colony of atheists, should do that movie. I'm gonna call my agent this morning. I'll be rich!

Trouble is, for them, they'll just get incinerated along with the others who cluster in the big cities and flock to the churches.
Thanks for the greeting but Yukiko is the name of my long deceased St Bernard. I am Russian, German and Irish LOL!
I think we have that GOD instinct because when this experiment or whatever is completed, those who are in residence will not be totally surprised when the harvest begins. I only hope it is not in my lifetime and we are not being raised for food. I would hate to end up as sushi Rice White is not a good color for me LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 01:43 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Thanks for the greeting but Yukiko is the name of my long deceased St Bernard. I am Russian, German and Irish LOL!
I think we have that GOD instinct because when this experiment or whatever is completed, those who are in residence will not be totally surprised when the harvest begins. I only hope it is not in my lifetime and we are not being raised for food. I would hate to end up as sushi Rice White is not a good color for me LOL
"To Serve Man"

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM

1,118 posts, read 3,676,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
えええ?あなたは日本人ですか?

What do you mean by "evolved" what where we are? All creatures alive today are as evolved and specialized for their role in nature. Evolved doesnt mean "more advanced" or something, you need to read what evolution is. If there is a past rat that was too small in its nitch and after thousands or millions of years it gets bigger teeth and grows bigger than it has evolved and most likely reached perfection for its nitch, in that sense it is as evolved as us. Actually evolution is not static, humans arent as "evolved" as can be. We still have tiny hair all over our body in the same places as a chimpanzee (look at your shoulder stomach or back you have tiny little hairs), our backs are still not perfect, and our mouth is too small for all of our teeth (wisdom) etc.
I agree with you on some points, but I still feel that modern man is not native to this planet. We are the only beings that have not adopted to our environment except possibly for skin color.
On the other hand I have no hair in any of those places you mentioned and my wisdom teeth never came in, but if they had I actually have room for them. Maybe that is because I am a woman and we are slightly more evolved than men. And what about that?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I agree with you on some points, but I still feel that modern man is not native to this planet. We are the only beings that have not adopted to our environment except possibly for skin color.
On the other hand I have no hair in any of those places you mentioned and my wisdom teeth never came in, but if they had I actually have room for them. Maybe that is because I am a woman and we are slightly more evolved than men. And what about that?
Of course you have hair all over your body or youre not human. Sometimes you need a magnifying glass to see it. Even the top of your hands if you look closely you can see the tiny hairs. Only on the bottom of your feet and hands do you have no hair whatsoever.

Quote:
Vellus hairs are short, fine, light colored, and barely noticed, as compared with terminal hair.Vellus hair is usually less than 2 mm (1/13 inch) long and the follicles are not connected to sebaceous glands. From early childhood onward, vellus hair covers the entire body regardless of gender, except for the lips, soles of the feet, palms of the hands

Old 08-01-2009, 01:54 PM

And why is modern human not native to this planet? We have the same hair patterns, share genetic codes, have hair, skin, nostrils, lungs, brains, blood. We go to the "bathroom" like animals, we are born through sexual fluids like animals, we die like animals, We breast feed like other mammals, we have basically the same amount of bones as all other mammals, we have saliva like animals. Our intelligence seperates us from other animals, just like dolphin intelligence seperates them from a dumb brainless fish. There is no reason for you to think we are not native to this planet. Of course we are! We are apes, animals.

And I am a girl too. And us east asians have even less hair than white people but the tiny little vellus hair is still there. Also the fact that some humans got tan and some are taller/shorter depending on their region just shows how species can change over long periods of time due to their environment.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Now you're just being silly. You seem to have a very bad habit of twisting things around in order to make them match with your own personal point of view. Unfortunately, you continue to fail over and over again, which only sends your credibility right down the drain. I clearly indicated that dragon bones are dug up all the time and used in China. I've also shown that dragons are a part of traditional culture in East and Southeast Asia. Did I not post a video showing fireballs of a dragon in the Mekong River? Did I ever say there are no gigantic creatures in Asia? Please stop fabricating things.

Here are a few good photos of these monsters:
Giant Catfish May Be World's Largest Freshwater Fish

YouTube - Giant Catfish of Mekong River weighs over 600LBS

Thank you for the link about Marco Polo's accounting of dragons in China. It gives an impressive description about the beasts, but no where does it say Marco Polo actually saw any of these dragons with his own eyes, nor does it say he went on any hunts that successfully tracked and killed any dragons. Most likely Marco Polo probably wrote what he was told by the locals and from seeing sculptures and artwork showing dragons which are common all over China. In addition, China is famous for its festivals featuring dragons.
Here's the Marco Polo link again that you posted as your "proof":
Marco Polo in China

The dragon bones in China are the fossils of dinosaurs. I will again restate that you have absolutely no idea about the Orient and the cultures there. Now, who's the believer in myths?
DISCOVERY: The Dragon Bone Collectors -- Beijing Review

World’s Largest Deposit of Dinosaur Bones Found In China « Quipster

Look at these dragons!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS5tZ...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apimB...eature=related

And then this:

YouTube - Gangsta Oarfish

Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,709,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Of course you have hair all over your body or youre not human. Sometimes you need a magnifying glass to see it. Even the top of your hands if you look closely you can see the tiny hairs. Only on the bottom of your feet and hands do you have no hair whatsoever.
I have hair in all the places you mention, much to my dismay and dislike as a woman!!!! And I had to have 6 teeth removed due to small jaw and too many teeth. Yep...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality