Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 08:23 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,427,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentwiga View Post
I researched the Ark in the Bible. It was a giant reed boat. No one made ocean going wood boats in 3,000 BC, but they made ocean going reed boats back then. Archaeologists even have found shipyards with chips of tar. On one side is impressions of reeds and on the other are barnacles. The boats stayed in the water long enough to grow moderate barnacles. 450 foot wood boats are impossible. They hog, or bend in the middle, let in water, and sink. Reed boats can bend as much as they want and still float. 450 foot reed boats are possible. We haven't and won't find the ark, but we have archaeological evidence that it was possible. I have a website where I examine the flood and the boat, and everything fits scientifically and Biblically.
Home ‎(noahsfloodsite)‎
Remember, I am not claiming any absolute proof, just that it is possible.
No, there were several cultures along the Mediteranian coasts and the Asian coasts who had ocean going vessels long before 3000 BC. And many of them quite large and in the 500 foot range. Indeed, the earliest known boats date from 10,000 BC. Perhaps you should research a bit more.

Also, you cannot build a boat large enough, out of reeds, wood or metal, to hold anywhere from 3 million, at least, animals and birds, plus their fodder for 40 days and nights, plus food for human beings as well. It is simply physically impossible.

You are also, apperently, forgetting a few basic facts...
1. There isn't enough water on the planet to compeltely inundate the surface.
2. There is a complete lack of archeological/fossil evidence. Everything drowning within days would leave a very thick fossil and calcium layer at the same exact period in the earth's strata. This is absent. Also absent are marine fossils on mountain tops, something sure to have occured as the salinity content changed and kileld off fresh water AND salt water animals, fish, and plants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Aliens have historically been viewed by eyewitnesses too. Doesn't mean they exist.
C34 believes in UFO's too, pointless using that line of argument. In fact, he is part of the tinfoil hat brigade

Old 07-19-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
C34 believes in UFO's too, pointless using that line of argument. In fact, he is part of the tinfoil hat brigade
Thanks for the heads up.
That explains quite abit.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM

222 posts, read 582,448 times
Quote:
Also, you cannot build a boat large enough, out of reeds, wood or metal, to hold anywhere from 3 million, at least, animals and birds, plus their fodder for 40 days and nights, plus food for human beings as well. It is simply physically impossible.
With God's help everything is possible.
Discussion is pointless. Some people never hear, and never read the books except those that was approved by the church. (Usually creationism books).
P.S. Once I asked one Mormon guy: "Do you want to read this book about evolution?" He answered: "Why would I read something that not approved by LDS?"

Old 07-20-2009, 02:48 AM

50,121 posts, read 20,884,540 times
Quote:
No, there were several cultures along the Mediteranian coasts and the Asian coasts who had ocean going vessels long before 3000 BC. And many of them quite large and in the 500 foot range. Indeed, the earliest known boats date from 10,000 BC. Perhaps you should research a bit more.

You are also, apperently, forgetting a few basic facts...
1. There isn't enough water on the planet to compeltely inundate the surface.
2. There is a complete lack of archeological/fossil evidence. Everything drowning within days would leave a very thick fossil and calcium layer at the same exact period in the earth's strata. This is absent. Also absent are marine fossils on mountain tops, something sure to have occured as the salinity content changed and kileld off fresh water AND salt water animals, fish, and plants.
The Flood - enthusiasts explain your first point by claiming that the pre-diluvian world was pretty level, therefore, the present amount of water could flood the earth. During the 40 days, the earth convulsed, perhaps splitting up the single original continent postulated to make it easy for Noah to collect his zoo, and throwing up the mountains which explains the sea-bed fossils found on mountains (your point 2. though not the fossil worm - burrows found in them). The waters 'receded' which is to say that the seas slipped into the gaps caused by the mountains being formed and the continents splitting up.

The Ark, which has somehow survived this tumult opened up and let out the animals who also apparently survived all this cooped up for 40 days. They all trooped down the mountain to the landscape of endless mud and tried to find something to eat and survive with the perilously thin gene pools. Some diluivian - enthusiasts suppose that Noah and his family then emigrated to the various new continents, taking the appropriate animals in reed boats, presumably made from used straw bedding as there was sod-all else to use to make reed boats. They took marsupials to Australia, apparently seeing them as more useful than their usual sheep and cows, and Lions and Elephants to Africa, which must have made life on the reed boat exciting. The used-bedding ferry to the Americas was even more lively, with Smilodons, Giant sloth, Gigantosaurus and Mammoth on board.

Others imply that the continents split after Noah and the animals had disembarked and presumably after the animals had been placed on the appropriate location for the subsequent fauna, Pangea split and the various bits of continent aquaplaned to their present location.

Others suggest that the whole scenario is utterly ludicrous and fail to see how anyone with the brains to operate a toaster could possibly subscribe to it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-20-2009 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: 'mud' not 'much'

Old 07-20-2009, 08:27 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,579,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It is stone. The 'Ark' is a rock formation, by all the evidence found. By the way, I thought you said it wasn't the Ark? Didn't you say it was in the wong place? Or were you talking about the ark of the covenant?

Careful! You don't want to confuse him with his own statements (which tend to contradict themselves). It might cause thought, and that would hurt him

Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
With God's help everything is possible.
Discussion is pointless. Some people never hear, and never read the books except those that was approved by the church. (Usually creationism books).
P.S. Once I asked one Mormon guy: "Do you want to read this book about evolution?" He answered: "Why would I read something that not approved by LDS?"
No! Not the "Magic Boat" bull-poo! Noah invented the Tardis apperently.

I was raised Roman Catholic, and was very devout until I began to notice certain contradictions in the Bible, cheif among those the complete and utter lack of physical proof of any of the myths involved, particularly in the OT and specifically in Genesis. I figured that if scripture was wrong about those items, it could be wrong about other things as well.

This "crisis of faith" occured in my very early teens.

I began researching (well before the internets mind you, gasp), and my family always has been avid documentary fans. This is when I noticed a few basic facts. There are Elder Gods mentioned in the bible. There is no mention made in archival or archeological records of Jehovah prior to about 3,000 years ago. There ARE many mentions made of many other deities in those venues, some as old as 45,000 years. The oldest continuious religious belief system is estimated to be at least 65,000 years old, belongs to the Australian Aboriginal people, is Shamanic and Animistic in nature, and is completely absent of Jehovah, or any other monothestic deity.

So now, nearly 50 years of age, I am a pantheist, look to the Lord and Lady of my pre-Christian Irish Ancestors, and surf the internets not only to let people know my opinion that Deity isn't a requirement for life (but they are nice to have as friends), and debunking crap like this and getting on Christians for a Faith so weak they must delude themselves to support it.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The Flood - enthusiasts explain your first point by claiming that the pre-diluvian world was pretty level, therefore, the present amount of water could flood the earth. During the 40 days, the earth convulsed, perhaps splitting up the single original continent postulated to make it easy for Noah to collect his zoo, and throwing up the mountains which explains the sea-bed fossils found on mountains (your point 2. though not the fossil worm - burrows found in them). The waters 'receded' which is to say that the seas slipped into the gaps caused by the mountains being formed and the continents splitting up.

The Ark, which has somehow survived this tumult opened up and let out the animals who also apparently survived all this cooped up for 40 days. They all trooped down the mountain to the landscape of endless mud and tried to find something to eat and survive with the perilously thin gene pools. Some diluivian - enthusiasts suppose that Noah and his family then emigrated to the various new continents, taking the appropriate animals in reed boats, presumably made from used straw bedding as there was sod-all else to use to make reed boats. They took marsupials to Australia, apparently seeing them as more useful than their usual sheep and cows, and Lions and Elephants to Africa, which must have made life on the reed boat exciting. The used-bedding ferry to the Americas was even more lively, with Smilodons, Giant sloth, Gigantosaurus and Mammoth on board.

Others imply that the continents split after Noah and the animals had disembarked and presumably after the animals had been placed on the appropriate location for the subsequent fauna, Pangea split and the various bits of continent aquaplaned to their present location.

Others suggest that the whole scenario is utterly ludicrous and fail to see how anyone with the brains to operate a toaster could possibly subscribe to it.
aquaplaned. Thanks, I laughed so hard my pop came out my nose.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,951,962 times
Default Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, anyone can make vague accusations, could you be a little more detailed on your attack? I find people who like to speak in such vague terms do so, only because they cannot present a strong arguement when details are required.
(My highlights underlined & in red)

This criticism from YOU? The literal Arkist, vegan T-Rex, fake clay figurine guy?

LMFAO, LOTF!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,992,210 times
Quote:
Aliens have historically been viewed by eyewitnesses too. Doesn't mean they exist.

Where is the hard evidence? Where are the pieces and photographs?

And Evoluton has one thing that your Ark lacks completely, hard evidence.

Fossil records, DNA/RNA sequencing, and carbon dating have provided more than enough evidences to prove Evolution correct.

Then again it takes about as much "faith" to ignore plain scientific evidence as it does to convince oneself that the ark exhists despite lack of direct evidence or supporting evidences such as I listed above.

We have numerous photographs, films, and video tapes of UFOs. Yet it appears you do not consider that hard evidence. We have photographs of the Ark from a distance, and they agree with the accounts given by eyewitinesses. Evolution can only wish they had evidence like this.
The fossil record shows zero evolution. The Ark has photos from space, and photos from pilots. We have eyewitiness accounts, and written accounts by others who had some encounter with the Arks existance. Evolution is based on a theory of speculation, rather than hard evidence. And without question, the Ark has much more (hard evidence) for it's existance, then the theory of evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality