Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 AM

37,343 posts, read 28,420,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Killing people because they don't worship you is murder - whether those people are your children or not.

And besides that, if you believe the bible you have to believe that God directly murdered lots of innocent people.
I do not believe for one moment God as or God will kill innocent people , whether it be in this life or in the life to come.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 AM

240 posts, read 438,130 times
Default Mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
The reason I identify as an agnostic theist, rather than a christian is because although I believe in God, and salvation through Christ alone, I realize I'm agnostic regarding the properties of God, and I personally don't see Him as all loving

1) What is He really like

2) Why is there so much strife between believers

3) How could an all knowing, all loving God, create untold billions of people in His image with the full foreknowledge that most would end up in an eternal hell (ET) or be annihilated (ED)(this is a biggie, and where the biggest differences of opinions originate and the cause for much strife.

4) Is he all loving, if so how can there be such a thing as ET or ED

5) How come so many people claim to know God, but don't agree on what He is really like, some say he's all Loving and will eventually restore all, others say His holiness demands that we should be default be punished just for being born as sinners, a condition that was thrust upon us, and that we had no say or choice in the matter

6) Why is questioning the doctrine of eternal torment seen as unreasonable, and excuses given such as "God's ways are not our ways", when people are quick to condemn Hitler and Pol Pot for their atrocities, I'm sorry something just does'nt seem righ

These are just a few questions I have

First of all giving honor and praise to my Lord,who is the head of my life.God is the best thingthat has ever happen to me.He has been my mother and father,my doctor,my lawyer,my best friend who Ican go to and talk about anything and he takes the time to listen and always give me perfect advice.He is my comforter my way maker,my my provider,my strong tower that when the storms of life sem to rough for me to handle Ican run to him and he will protect me.He gives me peace that passes all understanding,.There is so much strife between believers because satan loves to put strife in the heart of man,he wantsto destroy the church by putting division between God people.
God did not create all mens in his image he created one man name Adam in his image,and because of the sin of Adam and Eve we were born in sin it was God intention for us all to be like him from the beginning but because of Adam sin we were born of flesh and not of the spirit but thank God for his son Jesus who reverse the curse and became a advocate for us to the Father.He became a ransom for us to where "We shall be like him"If we serve the Mastor we will be perfect,made wjole amd we will live in paradise once again

Old 08-03-2009, 05:51 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,412,505 times
Quote:
Killing people because they don't worship you is murder - whether those people are your children or not.

And besides that, if you believe the bible you have to believe that God directly murdered lots of innocent people.

Oh come on now Boxcar! You know that "god" is doing the killing it is not called murder! Because after all god is god and can slay whoever he wants and that's that. He must have had a darn good reason! We have to look the other way at god's killing nature! We can't think about it to much! God can do whatever he wants you know. He KNEW all those people he murdered would have turned out to be evil so what is the big deal?!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 AM

5,420 posts, read 6,521,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not believe for one moment God as or God will kill innocent people , whether it be in this life or in the life to come.
That's because you only focus on the parts of the bible you like, and ignore the rest. Like the part where God killed ALL the first born children of Egypt, just because he was mad at one guy. What could be more innocent than a new born baby? What could be more heinous than killing all those innocent children? (As far as I know, Nihon hasn't killed a bunch of children.)

I know you'll go through mental gymnastics to find a way to justify it or rationalize it. But the truth is, if you believed the WHOLE bible, you would have to say the Christian God is a homicidal lunitic.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 AM

5,420 posts, read 6,521,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Oh come on now Boxcar! You know that "god" is doing the killing it is not called murder! Because after all god is god and can slay whoever he wants and that's that. He must have had a darn good reason! We have to look the other way at god's killing nature! We can't think about it to much! God can do whatever he wants you know. He KNEW all those people he murdered would have turned out to be evil so what is the big deal?!
You know them too well.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,702,019 times
Quote:
So what did the babies do that he had killed? Suck on the bottle wrong?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 AM

4,788 posts, read 5,918,170 times
Default Great ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Maybe these imperfections of the world are here to show how fortunate we are who have normal bodies,there by the grace of God go I.

No we are not apes , I don't eat a lot of bananas and neither does God.
If you had a hunchback, would you thank God for giving it to you, so that other people can "feel lucky" that they didn't get a hunchback ?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,223,889 times
Quote:
That's because you only focus on the parts of the bible you like, and ignore the rest. Like the part where God killed ALL the first born children of Egypt, just because he was mad at one guy. What could be more innocent than a new born baby? What could be more heinous than killing all those innocent children? (As far as I know, Nihon hasn't killed a bunch of children.)

I know you'll go through mental gymnastics to find a way to justify it or rationalize it. But the truth is, if you believed the WHOLE bible, you would have to say the Christian God is a homicidal lunitic.
Very well said. The "mental gymnastics" part is great!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 AM

37,343 posts, read 28,420,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So what did the babies do that he had killed? Suck on the bottle wrong?
If what happened to the children of Israel was happenening to a nation of our day you would be screaming for justice. God excercised righteous judgement on the Egyptians. The babies killed were no different to the innocent babies of the children of Israel 16and saith, `When ye cause the Hebrew women to bear, and have looked on the children; if it [is] a son -- then ye have put him to death; and if it [is] a daughter -- then she hath lived.
The Egyptians reaped what they sowed as we all do in life whether you believe it or not.
Before you get on your high horses , this post is not in defence of modern day Israel.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-03-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,702,019 times
Quote:
If what happened to the children of Israel was happenening to a nation of our day you would be screaming for justice.
So i would be calling for innocent babies to be killed??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality