Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,709,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
It's not how he thinks, it is how you think he thinks!
How do you know what he thinks? Are you in his brain? No you can only guess what he is thinking, because you do not know. Try reading that bible without the blinders on sometime.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
OK, you have passed your judgement on God. You disregarded what we say concerning his righteousness, goodness and mercy. Go along your merry way, you are no longer burdened with the person of God. I do not want you wasting your time after all.
I am not worried about it, he doesn't exists and I never wasted my time on him, cant waste your time on something that isnt real. The bible god is not righteous, good or merciful by any means. More like, full of himself, murdering, abusing,dictator that takes your freedom to do what you want to do by threatening to kill you.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,440,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How do you know what he thinks? Are you in his brain? No you can only guess what he is thinking, because you do not know. Try reading that bible without the blinders on sometime.
2 "This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[c] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[d] But we have the mind of Christ.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
2 "This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[c] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[d] But we have the mind of Christ.
Nope just a bunch of words written by some men 2000 years ago.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM

508 posts, read 1,110,518 times
Quote:
I am not worried about it, he doesn't exists and I never wasted my time on him, cant waste your time on something that isnt real. The bible god is not righteous, good or merciful by any means. More like, full of himself, murdering, abusing,dictator that takes your freedom to do what you want to do by threatening to kill you.
Since you've made your opinion of the Christian view of God extremely clear, what do you believe in?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Since you've made your opinion of the Christian view of God extremely clear, what do you believe in?
I believe there is no god. That the book was written to either, a. Scare the people of that time into behaving the way the rulers wanted them too. Or
b. to try to explain things in the world around them, which they did not understand.
Or c. Entertainment for the time.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 PM

508 posts, read 1,110,518 times
Quote:
I believe there is no god.
Ok so.... what do you believe? I know what you think about God and the Bible etc... leave that aside for one post.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Ok so.... what do you believe? I know what you think about God and the Bible etc... leave that aside for one post.
Believe in what? My life? My kids, myself, my friends my family, my love of life.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,116,694 times
Something for the fairer sex.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29:"If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are caught in the act, the man who lay with her shall give fifty shekels of silver to the young woman’s father, and she shall become his wife. Because he violated her he shall not be permitted to divorce her as long as he lives."

So if a man rapes a women, he gets her for a wife. I'm gonna assume this is something written by man, and not inspired by God himself. Right?

Numbers 31: 17-18: Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

But all the women children that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

This was to avenge the children of Israel, so I'm guessing God did indeed approve. Or do we, once again, blame Moses and not God?

and one from the New Testament for a change of pace.

1 Corinthians 14:
As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

How many Christians practice this today? Do you allow your wives to speak at church?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,440,185 times
Quote:
Well i would say the same as i did and the same as most people do in their own capabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality