Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,002,075 times

Advertisements

Individuals and peoples have been tying to be the gods best friend(s) since whenever and have tried to come up with all kinds of verbal gymnastics as to why they are better than some other group. In EVERY case, another group or groups has to be demonized, vilified, scandalized or dehumanized in order for another group to believe they are all that. Give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I certainly agree that Adam and Eve were most likely " Light Skinned Blacks", from that range we can get to all other races being born, no other combination could produce the variety that we have. Not even two dark skinned blacks could produce our rainbow of melotin. Two whites couldnot produce it, nor two Asians, it had to be two Light Skinned Blacks.

As knowledge increases, many whites will reject this, many Blacks will over react to it, ( Which I understand) but the increase of knowledge brings Joy and Pain to many cultures who have been taught differently. But it just goes to show you how wrong we can be, and then set up whole generations of falsehoods that are deeply rooted in misconceptions.

And Religion is no exception to this. These myths about eternal hell suffering, and Salvation only being for a few are just more lies we have eaten and digested so much, that we just can't get away from them.

Good Post.

Peace.
Suffice it to say that the first hominids out of Africa were not "light-skinned blacks."

People, people.....race is a man made concept. Skin and eye color are merely evolutionary adaptations to environment--nothing more, nothing less.

Homo erectus is thought to have been the first hominid out of Africa during a series of multiple migrations beginning approximately 1.8 mya (million years ago) according to the archaeological record. You can bet your granny's army boots that Homo erectus was not as you termed it, "a light skinned black." (That's almost as offensive to type as it is to read)

Hereditary traits work along a concept of dominant and recessive traits, not the preschool understanding of "blue plus red equals purple."

Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Suffice it to say that the first hominids out of Africa were not "light-skinned blacks."

People, people.....race is a man made concept. Skin and eye color are merely evolutionary adaptations to environment--nothing more, nothing less.

Homo erectus is thought to have been the first hominid out of Africa during a series of multiple migrations beginning approximately 1.8 mya (million years ago) according to the archaeological record. You can bet your granny's army boots that Homo erectus was not as you termed it, "a light skinned black." (That's almost as offensive to type as it is to read)

Hereditary traits work along a concept of dominant and recessive traits, not the preschool understanding of "blue plus red equals purple."

Race is a " God Made Concept", man or weather had nothing to do with it. The first man( With Consciousness) that God made was a lightskinned black man.

Homo erectus was created thousands of years before Adam, and I don't know what color they were. But one thing I do know, the first man out of Africa " Was not White", white people can't claim that.

Peace.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Race is a " God Made Concept", man or weather had nothing to do with it. The first man( With Consciousness) that God made was a lightskinned black man.

Homo erectus was created thousands of years before Adam, and I don't know what color they were. But one thing I do know, the first man out of Africa " Was not White", white people can't claim that.

Peace.
Your "God," if he created the concept of race, is a few crayons short of a full box.

Race is a man made concept constructed to keep a certain segment of the population (generally those with darker skin) in a position of subordination to those who believe that their lighter colored skin gives them a superior position on the societal ladder.

Race, as I have previously stated, does not exist. It is an evolutionary adaptation to environment. Living close to the equator? Darker skin and eyes to protect one from the sun. Living further away from the equator? Lighter skin and eyes to assist the body in absorbing vitamin D from less sunlight.

Funny how those of you who insist that a book of fables tells a truth that is absolute hold proven science to a much stricter set of guidelines than you do that book of fairy tales.

Adam and Eve as described in Genesis did not exist. It is a created story, just like the creation myths of thousands of civilizations which came before it and after it, fabricated by the illiterate and unlearned to explain the world around them. Get over it already. Understanding that the bible is not meant to be taken literally does not negate your faith--but denial of proven science and the ignorance which goes along with it certainly does.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 11,050 times
Default In Minister Farrakhan's own words on who/what is a Devil

"But when racism pervades the minds of those in power, then a racist mind can never give freedom. A racist mind can never give justice. And a racist mentality cannot countenance equity. Therefore, racism is the enemy of the principles upon which Almighty God constructed the universe, and therefore no racist can see The Kingdom of God. Any man or woman who feels that because of the color of their skin they are better, this man or woman has the mentality of Satan.

In the seventh chapter of Holy Qur'an, which is the book of scripture of the Muslims, God is talking about the creation of a man: “We created man we fashioned him. And then we said to the angels, ‘Make submission to him.'†And one of the angels whom the Qur'an names Iblis, said, “I cannot bow down to him.†And God asked him, “What hindered you that you would not submit even after I have commanded you?†And Iblis said, “I am better than he, for You made me of fire, and him You made of dust.†And God said, “Get out of this state, driven away and accursed, for it is not for you to behave proudly therein.â€

The Bible teaches you that “Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.†A proud man and a proud woman cannot hear the commands of God. They only hear that which feeds the sick mentality that has produced their false pride: “I am better.†And so, when human beings begin to think they are better than others because of their color, or because of their privilege or because of their birth, or because of their money or because of their education, or because of some unique characteristic that they did not give themselves, then you have the making of a devil.

If Iblis in the Qur'an would not bow to the command of God, and if you will not obey God, then you will rebel against God. And to rebel against God is to oppose God; to become the adversary of God, and that is exactly what a devil is: The opponent and adversary of God.

What would make you an adversary of God? It is when you think yourself to be “above†what God commands."

(The Hon. Louis Farrakhan message October 24, 1987 Indianapolis, Indiana)

Old 08-21-2009, 01:45 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,218,764 times
Can someone tell me why this matters? When are people going to stop bickering about race and get to something important? I know, the answer is probably "never." But it's just sad to me that people still seperate things by race.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:18 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
Can someone tell me why this matters? When are people going to stop bickering about race and get to something important? I know, the answer is probably "never." But it's just sad to me that people still seperate things by race.
Yes it is sad. Unfortunately there's always going to be racists, as well as bigots who use color and/or relgion for their own gains and self importance.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Your "God," if he created the concept of race, is a few crayons short of a full box.

Race is a man made concept constructed to keep a certain segment of the population (generally those with darker skin) in a position of subordination to those who believe that their lighter colored skin gives them a superior position on the societal ladder.

Race, as I have previously stated, does not exist. It is an evolutionary adaptation to environment. Living close to the equator? Darker skin and eyes to protect one from the sun. Living further away from the equator? Lighter skin and eyes to assist the body in absorbing vitamin D from less sunlight.

Funny how those of you who insist that a book of fables tells a truth that is absolute hold proven science to a much stricter set of guidelines than you do that book of fairy tales.

Adam and Eve as described in Genesis did not exist. It is a created story, just like the creation myths of thousands of civilizations which came before it and after it, fabricated by the illiterate and unlearned to explain the world around them. Get over it already. Understanding that the bible is not meant to be taken literally does not negate your faith--but denial of proven science and the ignorance which goes along with it certainly does.

Again I totally disagree, race is a product of Gods creation, not a by product of environment. I don't care what the environment is, a black man would be a black man, no matter where on earth he was born or lived. The same goes for White, Asian, Arabic or whatever. We are what we are, because we were born to be exactly that.

A Black man and Woman can have Black children in Alaska, and I don't care how many generations of their children are raised there, the environment will not alter their Blackness. Genes alter races, nothingelse. The only logical explination that I accept, is that Eve was able to have, within her womb, the genectic makeup to produce all the races on earth.

Peace.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,151 times
Their is only one race, the Human race, with many colors. Evolution is what changed us, what produced so many different types of people.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:51 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Kele ... couldn't agree with you more!

This is why I truly believe in evolution. Religion is man made ... and at the hands of man comes war, self-importance and a load of other hooey (for want of a better word!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality