Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM

218 posts, read 311,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
You don't want to acknowledge we are working from a different premise than you.

You don't have to agree with the premise, but if you want to debate and discuss, it helps to at least read it, understand it, and acknowledge it.
I have written so much since starting on this forum journey but most on here don't even bother to read what I said. They just don't care what christians say or do.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
I have written so much since starting on this forum journey but most on here don't even bother to read what I said. They just don't care what christians say or do.
Nope, we don't care -- as long as you keep it to yourselves and out of the laws, schools, and government. The instant your beliefs start to encroach on my personal freedoms is the instant I speak up and smack 'em down.

P.S. I thought you said you were leaving, or was that untrue as well?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:24 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Quote:
Listen to yourself. You expect us to come over there and accept your argument without reciprocating.

If you want us to listen to you, shouldn't you at least be willing to listen to us?

And do not forget, most of us here are ex-Christians. We already know what you are talking about and what it means. We've been there.

It would help if you would acknowledge these things.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:29 PM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Nope, we don't care -- as long as you keep it to yourselves and out of the laws, schools, and government. The instant your beliefs start to encroach on my personal freedoms is the instant I speak up and smack 'em down.

P.S. I thought you said you were leaving, or was that untrue as well?
Do you want me to leave because I will if that is what you wish. I pray and hope atheists keep there agenda out of the laws, schools, and governent. This world has enough chaos.

It is going to go down in history one day that atheism not religion is what ultimately corrupted the world, laws, schools, children and government and there will be a huge price to pay for humanity and civilization. May God help us all. These certainly are the times of apostasy and lovers of fleshly things and the things the world has to offer.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Hi Hoosier. I have been going back and forth with many on these forums for a couple of weeks it seems and everything I debated they refute. They just don't want to acknowledge they have sin or wrong doing and don't want to acknowledge God who made them in His image. God has to attract them and you are right why would they waste countless days and hours debating us if there wasn't something in them that is longing for truth. Many atheists come to be theists believing in God Jesus and the Bible we just have to believe that you and I did our job to plant the seed now it is up to God to make it grow and blossom if He so chooses.
You are talking as though your way is the only way. Not true. We don't have any reason to believe in what you do. We have been believers and now we are not believers. It seems your way is a one way street, you want us to acknowledge things but you don't want to do the same.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Do you want me to leave because I will if that is what you wish. I pray and hope atheists keep there agenda out of the laws, schools, and governent. This world has enough chaos.

It is going to go down in history one day that atheism not religion is what ultimately corrupted the world, laws, schools, children and government and there will be a huge price to pay for humanity and civilization. May God help us all. These certainly are the times of apostasy and lovers of fleshly things and the things the world has to offer.
See there you go again. Speaking about things you know nothing about. We are not the ones with an agenda. We just want to live our lives without other people telling us who when and how. We corrupt nothing, again do some research. God hasn't helped and wont help, he is not real and never was.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:

If you mean my husband friends and family, you are right, I love those fleshy things. And what the world has to offer, yes natural beauty, mountains, trees and wonderful animals. Yes really horrible.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Quote:
Here is the point you are missing: You first.

It's that easy. You keep religion out of law and the public domain (the way Jesus recommended) and atheists won't have to fight you.

But see, what you folk don't seem to remember is that when you promise to make a law or get involved in the law to promote your religion, the law is violence. It is force. You are trying to convince the biggest group of men with guns to use violence to forward your aims under color of law.

That makes people all stabby and stuff. I don't want men with guns forcing me to obey your religion, or any aspect of your religion. You want to use men with guns to put creationism in the school? Guess what, I will use men with guns to defend me and my children.

Is that your intention?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Quote:
Please do me a favor and ignore what these atheists tell you when saying you are still gay. Don't believe their lies. I used to have a local cable tv show ministry where I would interview guests about addictions and struggles in their lives and how they overcame them. One of my guests was living a gay lifestyle for many many years. He was diagnosed with HIV and struggling day to day with his emotions. Well after doing the show and interviewing him my friend who is the show manager called me a couple of weeks later and told me the person I interviewed about his former gay lifestyle was according to his Doctor's healed miraculously from HIV. The test results show he no longer has HIV. A MIRACLE only Christ's blood can cure!!! The guest I interviewed knew that he was cured from it but wanted to get the lab and test results before telling us he had been cured. Jesus The Christ is the healing Doctor and Miracle.
Uhh, this has to be one of the most frightening things I've read lately. Look, I believe in God, very much so, but that said, you really believe "God" cured this man? What about Ryan White, why didn't God cure him? He hadn't even sinned and got AIDS. Christians are still overwhelmingly in the majority in the U.S. and Canada, nobody is trying to oppress them, ok? It's like saying White ppl in America were being oppressed in the 1950s, when Whites comprised like 95% of the population. Lastly, aren't you the same person who came onto a thread I'd started re: my faith and told me, and the ppl who supported me, that we'd all burn in hell? What, are you suddenly afraid that you won't be able to push your exclusionistic dogma on everybody else? You know the only hateful email I've ever received came from a "Righteous Christian " poster here on CD? It just kills me that the most hateful group that I have encountered, is suddenly very concerned when their rights may be infringed upon(which they won't be), oh the irony.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Every thing I say is challenged nothing I say is logical and all of you are so smart and got it figured it.
Well he got all that spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.