Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
I have written so much since starting on this forum journey but most on here don't even bother to read what I said. They just don't care what christians say or do.
You're right, we don't care what you say or do as long as you keep it to yourself and not try to enforce it on others who do not wish to believe as you do, I'm not an atheist and I'll say it again, I am not an atheist, I do have a belief it's just that it's not the same as yours and I believe that I have the right to worship my belief as I see fit, I don't try to impose my beliefs on others, but I also realize that my belief may not be the right one for others and that they are entitled to believe or not believe as they so wish, I don't condemn them to some imaginary place that you Christians call hell, that's a Christian invention to begin with and I don't try to tell people how to believe, that's not up to me to do, that is their choice and their choice only.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:59 PM

218 posts, read 311,270 times
Good riddens to all of you. I won't infringe my beliefs on you people and you don't infringe them on our people, schools, children, law and government. The public schools of today are a disgrace. They abolished God from the teachings, incorporated a theory, evolution and the big bang, and try to remove the Ten Commandments from society. This nation is going to hell in a basket and all you atheists because of pride sit back and watch the whole thing unfold and couldn't care less millions and millions of people are heading to a place of separation from God. None of us will live for ever on earth it is really about where we will be when we die which is far more more important. You say you used to believe in Christianity that is a bunch of bull. God wouldn't have attracted you to Him for you to then go the opposite direction and deny Him. You never believed it and if you say you did you must be a delusional bunch.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Good riddens to all of you. I won't infringe my beliefs on you people and you don't infringe them on our people, schools, children, law and government. The public schools of today are a disgrace. They abolished God from the teachings, incorporated a theory, evolution and the big bang, and try to remove the Ten Commandments from society. This nation is going to hell in a basket and all you atheists because of pride sit back and watch the whole thing unfold and couldn't care less millions and millions of people are heading to a place of separation from God. None of us will live for ever on earth it is really about where we will be when we die which is far more more important. You say you used to believe in Christianity that is a bunch of bull. God wouldn't have attracted you to Him for you to then go the opposite direction and deny Him. You never believed it and if you say you did you must be a delusional bunch.
THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT. I dont want my kids learning about fairy tails and magic!! And we dont believe in a God, so we have nothing to put upon others!!!!!!!! You really are off!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT. I dont want my kids learning about fairy tails and magic!! And we dont believe in a God, so we have nothing to put upon others!!!!!!!! You really are off!!!
And in the same way I don't want the public schools teaching my son a bogus theory science drummed up to deceive the world.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
And in the same way I don't want the public schools teaching my son a bogus theory science drummed up to deceive the world.
Then teach him at home.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:29 PM

57 posts, read 134,910 times
Why are some crimes worse because of who the victim "loves"?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then teach him at home.
Why should I do I live in a communistic country where other systems are not allowed. No this country was founded on the principles of the christian faith then some ignorant fools who don't like God went to the courts and changed everything so now they only teach evolution as if it's a religion. That is what is wrong with this country run by a bunch of liberals and secular weirdos with no understanding of what is right and what is wrong. Is it a wonder why todays kids are far more troubled then 30 years ago and is it a wonder why the world has progressively gotten more and more evil with higher crime, sex crimes, murder, pedophilia and so on and so on. More young girls pregnant having kids when they are kids themselves. This once great nation under biblical principles did a complete 180 and that is the price you pay when non christians run schools, gov't, law and businesses. We are paying the price for shunning God and He is allowing the result to unfold before our very own eyes. Great job atheists for trying to rid our society of moral foundations and great job secularists for causing more confusion for people with you ridiculous rules and laws.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
LOL.... another know nothing of evolution poster. Just what we need.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 4,534 times
"....LMFAO!

You do realize what the term "sodomy" encompasses, don't you? It's not just male-male anal intercourse. Any male who receives fellatio from a female, EVEN IF THEY'RE MARRIED is committing sodomy. So all you "good Christian husbands" who think sodomy is a sin...don't ask your wife for a BJ ever again, and don't even think of sticking in her bum ...."

Sir ...I am so sorry to have to disagree with you but your interpretation of English, in this instance, seems to be wanting.

In your outburst you seem to have tried to extend the meaning of the word to accomodate your own argument. In other words, you have tried to graft the meaning of this word upon those acts you mention in your post by extending the meaning of sodomy to acts that are utterly unrelated to the very act of sodomy itself.

For the record, the geneaology of the word sodomy is traceable back to a city called Sodom where, at that time, a strange and repulsive practise had taken hold of some men in that city. Such was the novelty of this act that no word had hitherto been forged in linguistics to convey its manifestation beyond that of filth, abomination and vileness. Once this practise had took hold the scholars of that time conferred upon it a distinct name to define it for all time merely by bestowing upon it the name of the very city where the act first gained a notoriety.

All acts can be verified through what the philosophers call our senses. And their manifestation can be conveyed linguistically by words. For instance, a cow can be seen, a chair can be touched, a dove can be heard, a rose can be smelled and a fool, in the last analysis, can be recognised by the absurdity of his argument.

[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Last edited by swanlinnet; 10-28-2009 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlinnet View Post
"....LMFAO!

You do realize what the term "sodomy" encompasses, don't you? It's not just male-male anal intercourse. Any male who receives fellatio from a female, EVEN IF THEY'RE MARRIED is committing sodomy. So all you "good Christian husbands" who think sodomy is a sin...don't ask your wife for a BJ ever again, and don't even think of sticking in her bum ...."

Sir ...I am so sorry to have to disagree with you but your interpretation of English, in this instance, seems to be wanting.

In your outburst you seem to have tried to extend the meaning of the word to accomodate your own argument. In other words, you have tried to graft the meaning of this word upon those acts you mention in your post by extending the meaning sodomy to acts that are utterly unrelated to the very act of sodomy itself.

For the record, the geneaology of the word sodomy is traceable back to a city called Sodom where, at that time, a strange and repulsive practise had taken hold of some men in that city. Such was the novelty of this act that no word had hitherto been forged in the school of linguistics to convey its manifestation beyond that of filth, abomination and vileness. Once this practise had took hold the scholars of that time conferred upon it a distinct name to define for all time merely by bestowing upon it the name of the very city where the act first gained a notoriety.

All acts can be verified through what the philosophers call our senses. And their manifestation can be conveyed linguistically by words. For instance, a cow can be seen, a chair can be touched, a dove can be heard, a rose can be smelled and a fool, in the last analysis, can be recognised by the absurdity of his argument.

[LEFT]

[/LEFT]
Actually MC is right and then some...

Sodomy Definition | Definition of Sodomy at Dictionary.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.