Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
Please do me a favor and ignore what these atheists tell you when saying you are still gay. Don't believe their lies. I used to have a local cable tv show ministry where I would interview guests about addictions and struggles in their lives and how they overcame them. One of my guests was living a gay lifestyle for many many years. He was diagnosed with HIV and struggling day to day with his emotions. Well after doing the show and interviewing him my friend who is the show manager called me a couple of weeks later and told me the person I interviewed about his former gay lifestyle was according to his Doctor's healed miraculously from HIV. The test results show he no longer has HIV. A MIRACLE only Christ's blood can cure!!! The guest I interviewed knew that he was cured from it but wanted to get the lab and test results before telling us he had been cured. Jesus The Christ is the healing Doctor and Miracle.
And you need to stop talking about something you have no knowledge in. Gay is Gay,it isn't a light switch. Those that choose to ignore it are in denial and living a lie , thanks to people like you and others that tell them they are sinners and are going to hell. Do you make the decision to like woman or men? See I don't, I love men, no attraction to woman what so ever, guess why......I wasn't born gay, I was born heterosexual.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
When you have a religion preaching a negative message about one particular group, that group needs to be protected under the Hate Crime Act. Checks and balances.
You didn't answer my question.

Checks and balances does not apply to the law, but to the branches of Federal Government so that no single branch gains too much power.

Do you believe that the law that says, "Don't beat people up," includes exceptions for race, religion, sexual preference, creed, social status, or other demographic factors?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM

218 posts, read 311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And you need to stop talking about something you have no knowledge in. Gay is Gay,it isn't a light switch. Those that choose to ignore it are in denial and living a lie , thanks to people like you and others that tell them they are sinners and are going to hell. Do you make the decision to like woman or men? See I don't, I love men, no attraction to woman what so ever, guess why......I wasn't born gay, I was born heterosexual.
I was on my way to hell to for my addiction of lust but believe God through Christ has delivered me from it. I never told anyone gay or not they are going to hell. I only tell people because we are not perfect that in order to be reconciled back to God you need to believe Jesus paid for your debts and through him you will gain everlasting life.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I have found that Christianity and Christians are one of the biggest hate groups in this country, they have little or no toleration of anybody else regardless of what they believe or don't believe, they think their way is the only way to their so-called immortality with their Christian God and they proclaim this all because it is written in their sacred book and they have been brainwashed over the centuries to believe this and any Preacher, Minister, Father, Bishop or any other so-called evangelists or fundamentalist can stand up and slander any group they want to all in the name of their sacred book, they should be considered a hate group and treated as such and it's a shame that we have to create laws to protect groups of people who think differently and believe differently than they do. That's just my opinion of what I think of Christianity and its hypocrites.
Ok, then why doesn't the hate crime law apply to you? You are slandering Christians right now with your words. Christians should have the right to say what they believe is right and wrong just like you are doing now. No Christian is asking for the right to commit violence against anyone, just the right to say what we think is right and wrong. You are doing the same thing right now! How would you like it if they passed a law making it illegal to say what you just said about Christians? Wouldn't be right in your mind then, would it?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 AM

218 posts, read 311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Ok, then why doesn't the hate crime law apply to you? You are slandering Christians right now with your words. Christians should have the right to say what they believe is right and wrong just like you are doing now. No Christian is asking for the right to commit violence against anyone, just the right to say what we think is right and wrong. You are doing the same thing right now! How would you like it if they passed a law making it illegal to say what you just said about Christians? Wouldn't be right in your mind then, would it?
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put. Atheists are hypocrites acting all righteous and without fault or sin but always blame everyone else for their non belief especially blaming God. They often speak in a negative fashion to loving Christians who only are concerned for the state of their soul is in should they die and stand before a perfect and righteous God.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Show me medical proof he was born that way.
Well for starters..Studies are ongoing....

Born Gay? - TIME

ScienceDirect - Personality and Individual Differences : Born gay? The psychobiology of human sexual orientation

"The growth of scientific knowledge concerning the biology of sexual orientation during the past decade has been considerable. Sexual orientation is characterised by a bipolar distribution and is related to fraternal birth order in males. In females, its distribution is more variable; females being less prone towards exclusive homosexuality. In both sexes homosexuality is strongly associated with childhood gender nonconformity. Genetic evidence suggests a heritable component and putative gene loci on the X chromosome. Homosexuality may have evolved to promote same sex affiliation through a conserved neurodevelopmental mechanism. Recent findings suggest this mechanism involves atypical neurohormonal differentiation of the brain. Key areas for future research include the neurobiological basis of preferred sexual targets and correlates of female homosexuality."

Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put. Atheists are hypocrites acting all righteous and without fault or sin but always blame everyone else for their non belief especially blaming God. They often speak in a negative fashion to loving Christians who only are concerned for the state of their soul is in should they die and stand before a perfect and righteous God.
Yea we are the self righteous ones We are the ones telling people they have to pay for their sins and they need to change who they are in order to be accepted. And we cant blame something that does not exist, as in God. You really know NOTHING of atheists. And did we ask for your concern? Just worry about your self and let people live their lives the way they want.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Ok, then why doesn't the hate crime law apply to you? You are slandering Christians right now with your words.
It's not slander if it's true.

But I digress...the answer is that ptsum isn't out beating up or killing people for being Christian.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
I thought bearing false witness was law in the xians rule book, looks like you just broke one
Seriously?! what you've said makes no sense whatsoever. Rewind and try again Fred.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well put. Atheists are hypocrites acting all righteous and without fault or sin
Quote me where I or any other atheist here has EVER claimed to be without faults. Guess what, you can't, because that statement is a bold-faced lie.

Quote:
but always blame everyone else for their non belief especially blaming God.
Read my words carefully: If someone blames a god for something, THAT PERSON IS NOT AN ATHEIST. And all the atheists that I know, including myself, are people who take responsibility for their own actions and don't pass them off on someone or something else. So there's another lie from you.

Quote:
They often speak in a negative fashion to loving Christians who only are concerned for the state of their soul is in should they die and stand before a perfect and righteous God.
Newsflash: we don't want or need for you to have concern for our 'souls' since the type of soul you're referring to is an imaginary construct of man. When a person dies, there is no soul that leaves and goes elsewhere, we are just DEAD. And any of us on these boards could name a dozen 'loving Christians' here that we admire and respect. It's christers like you that are the annoying ones because you don't act christ-like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.