Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times

Advertisements

In my opinion hate crime legislation is BS.
Crime is crime.
Doesn't matter if it's against a person of different race, sexual orientation, religion, gender, or whatever.
Prosecute the act itself.
Unprovoked violence against any person is a crime.
There are enough laws on the books to uphold.
USE THEM AND ENFORCE THEM AND PUNISH.
Violence against blacks, whites, gays, muslims, baptists, catholics, etc, is still violence.
It doesn't need to be race or lifestyle specific. A crime committed against anyone is reason enough.
The only thing hate crime legislation does is breed hate between different races and lifestyles and the want of revenge.
Any violent act against anyone is reaon enough to make the perp accountable and receive the maximum sentence.
Stop letting these a$$holes off because it wasn't proven to be a hate crime.
JUDGES, do your job and and give any person who commits a crime the max time instead of probation and community service.
Slimeballs don't need a hate reason to be gutter trash. They already are.
Use the law as it is written to put them away because CRIME IS CRIME.
And there is no way in hell any law protects anyone 8 ways.
Legislation don't stop crime. Only severe punishment and locking up the perps so they can't repeat is the answer.
Those laws are already in place. We need a justice system with enough balls to enforce them instead of being bought off by some big money defense lawyer.

Last edited by Robhu; 10-28-2009 at 06:36 AM..

Old 10-28-2009, 06:35 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe it is worsened. A person who is assaulted in order to steal from them will suffer far less injuries than one who is assaulted because of hatred.
So you believe the punishment should reflect the level of damage done?

Then why not reflect that in the bill?

Instead what you are suggesting is that beating up someone for the color of their skin is worse that beating up someone for the color of their shirt.

Even stranger is the idea that killing someone for their skin color is worse than killing someone for their shirt color, when in both cases the victim is just as dead.

So far you have shifted the purpose of this law from prosecuting thought, to protecting minority individuals of different types, to punishment based on level of damage, but I've yet to see any objective reason why the crime against Victim A is worse than the same crime against Victim B if we are all supposed to be equal under the law. That's the key point there.

If you believe beating someone up deserves a harsher sentence, then push for a harsher sentence for the law that already exists against beating someone up. Then, it doesn't matter. Everyone who beats someone up gets the harsher sentence, even if they just don't like the color of your shirt.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
We have a religious group that reinforces the hatred of gay people. Homosexuals should be protected under the hate crime law. We need checks and balances.

When you live your life around the musings of ancient sheep herders and have translated their words into hate, do you really think the law is going to be on your side?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
We have a religious group that reinforces the hatred of gay people. Homosexuals should be protected under the hate crime law. We need checks and balances.

Aren't they already protected under the, "Don't beat people up" law?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:00 AM

218 posts, read 311,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You still are. You may now be celibate or in denial...but you are what you are. Accept it and move on.
He is no longer gay Rafius. Why are you trying to cause problems. He told you he has been delivered from his addictive sexual impurities and you want him to deny he has changed. That is mind and thought control on your part and should not be listened to. A note to all you atheists on these forums.

Stop trying to interfere with the unknown because none of you got it all figured out. If this person changed then accept it rather than telling him he is still gay.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Aren't they already protected under the, "Don't beat people up" law?
When you have a religion preaching a negative message about one particular group, that group needs to be protected under the Hate Crime Act. Checks and balances.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Many here in this forum know that I've stated that I used to be gay. Yep, used to be. It's a choice and I chose to leave that lifestyle. No, it wasn't easy, but my faith in Christ was much more important than living as a gay man. I could not reconcile my faith and my sexuality and chose to go with God.
You are bisexual, with heavy preferences towards men. You're still bisexual, you've just restricted yourself to the female side of the page. Not all homosexuals are firmly and absolutely 100% homosexual, as not all heterosexuals are absolutely 100% heterosexual.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
This is only one of many news sources reporting about the new hate crime bill that Obama will sign on Wednesday of this week. I fully agree that no one should endure any type of violence simply because they choose to live an alternative lifestyle.

That said it's very evident that this bill's hidden agenda is really about silencing Christians. We have a very anti-Christian president in office, with an extremely liberal agenda. His heritage is Muslim and if you're not Muslim, well you're an infidel. Plain and simple.

Many here in this forum know that I've stated that I used to be gay. Yep, used to be. It's a choice and I chose to leave that lifestyle. No, it wasn't easy, but my faith in Christ was much more important than living as a gay man. I could not reconcile my faith and my sexuality and chose to go with God.

Many on this forum have said I wasn't really gay, I just thought I was, or I was experimenting. Well, 'til you've lived in another man or woman's shoes it's not up to you to say what they are or were. For those who believe the Bible, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 verifies my statement that I "used to be" a homosexual.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Christians, pray for the direction our country has turned. Pray that God will give us the strength and fortitude to persevere this new direction, away from Him.
Please do me a favor and ignore what these atheists tell you when saying you are still gay. Don't believe their lies. I used to have a local cable tv show ministry where I would interview guests about addictions and struggles in their lives and how they overcame them. One of my guests was living a gay lifestyle for many many years. He was diagnosed with HIV and struggling day to day with his emotions. Well after doing the show and interviewing him my friend who is the show manager called me a couple of weeks later and told me the person I interviewed about his former gay lifestyle was according to his Doctor's healed miraculously from HIV. The test results show he no longer has HIV. A MIRACLE only Christ's blood can cure!!! The guest I interviewed knew that he was cured from it but wanted to get the lab and test results before telling us he had been cured. Jesus The Christ is the healing Doctor and Miracle.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,673,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You are bisexual, with heavy preferences towards men. You're still bisexual, you've just restricted yourself to the female side of the page. Not all homosexuals are firmly and absolutely 100% homosexual, as not all heterosexuals are absolutely 100% heterosexual.
Yep, he was born that way too. Gay isn't like a light switch, cant just turn it off. You can deny it, but then I think that is just denying who you are. If I had to be someone I am not to follow God, forget it. I don't follow him and that reason has a lot to do with that.
I have gay friends, it is a part of who they are. Sad some feel they have to pretend or live a lie to be accepted.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yep, he was born that way too. Gay isn't like a light switch, cant just turn it off. You can deny it, but then I think that is just denying who you are. If I had to be someone I am not to follow God, forget it. I don't follow him and that reason has a lot to do with that.
I have gay friends, it is a part of who they are. Sad some feel they have to pretend or live a lie to be accepted.
Show me medical proof he was born that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality