Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:16 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Christians like to emphasize that Jesus can save you from hell, but they rarely bring up the point that it's his dad that's forcing you to go there in the first place.
Good try... but you are mistaken.

It is God's law (the Law of Compensation) that is the force behind it... you may have heard of it before... you reap what you sow.

While you are sitting in Hell... it's a time for you to understand why you are there in the first place.

What did you do while you were on earth that caused this to happen?

Did you shun God and seek to become a God yourself?

Did you not believe that God loves you and is there to help you whenever you ask?

Did you unwittingly believe untruths that are taught by main-stream religion and other sources?

It is not until you come to a higher level of understanding God and the power of love to bring you out of the condition of darkness and suffering, which is Hell... will you experience love, joy, peace and light.

The choice is always yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

It is God's law (the Law of Compensation) that is the force behind it... you may have heard of it before... you reap what you sow.

While you are sitting in Hell... it's a time for you to understand why you are there in the first place.

Did you not believe that God loves you and is there to help you whenever you ask?

Did you unwittingly believe untruths that are taught by main-stream religion and other sources?

It is not until you come to a higher level of understanding God and the power of love to bring you out of the condition of darkness and suffering, which is Hell... will you experience love, joy, peace and light.

Divine love? What does this post have to do with love? It reeks of fear and threats. I thought you divine love people only believed in warm fuzzy stuff.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009

Quote:
Divine love? What does this post have to do with love? It reeks of fear and threats. I thought you divine love people only believed in warm fuzzy stuff.
We believe in Truth and common sense.

If what I said causes you fear and you believe it to be threats, then that is your own weakness and something that you can fix right now.

I have told you in other posts, that if you find yourself in Hell, there is a way to get out of it. It is not a permanent condition, but it is a reality and it's not a pretty picture.

Love for God and forgiveness will get you out of Hell and into the light, but this is a very slow process.

With Divine Love, let's just say it's akin to rocket fuel.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:38 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven!

Go ahead; sample some of the endless scroll-down menu items.

Fascinating. Terrifyingly ignorant. Unless, of course, you think it's all good.....
Are they the same people who peddle this tosh?

EVOLUTION: The Big Hoax!

Jesus is savior .com. On both.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:37 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,510,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

As per most Christian doctrines, it was Adam and Eve's original sin that caused God to get so mad that he created hell. Accordingly, we are born into sin, through no fault of our own. This is another example of God punishing children for the acts of their parents, (which even he concedes is an immoral thing to do.) God created hell to punish us all for the sins committed by Adam and Eve, according to most protestant religions anyway.

Beyond that, if I had "unwittingly believe untruths that are taught by main-stream religion and other sources", then it would be manifestly unjust for a God to punish me for eternity. Clearly I had no mal intent, I simply used the mind this God supposedly gave me, and came to a different conclusion.

You need to stop and think about how mad your theory is. Pure crazyness, that can only be accepted by those indoctrinated past the point of being able to apply skeptical thought. IT.MAKES.NO.SENSE.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
As per most Christian doctrines, it was Adam and Eve's original sin that caused God to get so mad that he created hell. Accordingly, we are born into sin, through no fault of our own. This is another example of God punishing children for the acts of their parents, (which even he concedes is an immoral thing to do.) God created hell to punish us all for the sins committed by Adam and Eve, according to most protestant religions anyway.

Beyond that, if I had "unwittingly believe untruths that are taught by main-stream religion and other sources", then it would be manifestly unjust for a God to punish me for eternity. Clearly I had no mal intent, I simply used the mind this God supposedly gave me, and came to a different conclusion.

You need to stop and think about how mad your theory is. Pure crazyness, that can only be accepted by those indoctrinated past the point of being able to apply skeptical thought. IT.MAKES.NO.SENSE.
First, let's get one thing straight. God does not punish us for all eternity. This is an erroneous doctrine taught and preached and it must be eradicated off the face of this earth.

Adam and Eve created sin and evil. It was not created by God. So if you insist on being angry... leave God out of it.

The Bible fiction of A&E is a bunch of nonsense. Adam and Eve believed themselves to be as God is and, sorry, that just doesn't cut it with God. He gave them the opportunity and told them what they must do... to seek for and obtain His very essence in order that they may obtain salvation, but they refused.

Their refusal was their downfall. Because of the fact they didn't need God, He left the scene. He left them alone to their own devices and look what happened. When they discovered what they had done, they lived in misery.

Jesus' soul was created with the potential for all of us to receive in our souls God's Divine Love. God gave us a second chance. This is the New Birth. We can refuse it such as Adam and Eve did, but why should we be so foolish. We are depriving ourselves of a happy and blessed existence when we love God, who is our Father in Heaven.

It is always our choice, as God gives us the free will to make our own decisions. He loves all of us equally. However, in order to obtain the same soul qualities that He has and become immortal, we must pray for and obtain his Love.

It's as simple as that.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:56 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,890 times
Quote:

WRONG. Listen, if you're going to bash Christianity and the Bible, at least try to get the doctrine correct that you're trying to bash. Hell was not created for Adam and Eve but rather for Satan and his angels. Try to get it right next time.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,290 times
This divine luv is nothing more than the UR/CU doctrines. Both still hold to the biblical stories only with a more palatable spin.

You still view A&E as real people and hell as a real place hence you are NOT so far removed from the fundie mindset of eternal torment, yours and the UR version suggests a temporary punishment. See the problem?

If your gawd is real, then there would of course be no need for requirement of punishment/correction nor any requirement for worship, Your version still requires denial of intellect and skepticism. In fact I said it in another thread you had found something that means something to you and assume we all are like you. You assume A&E, mythological personae were miserable so you still adhere to the Roman doctrine of the fall and the person of jesus as the fix to the problem. When confronted with the rejection of your warm fuzzies, you deflect like all theists to threats of impending doom and gloom.

Some of us here have no need for imaginary friends or deities as they are ALL man-made. You just choose to believe in one that you find melds in with the bit of logic you have.

As I stated when you arrived here, weed has the same effect as your DL doctrine. At least with weed, the results are pretty consistent.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
This divine luv is nothing more than the UR/CU doctrines. Both still hold to the biblical stories only with a more palatable spin.

You still view A&E as real people and hell as a real place hence you are NOT so far removed from the fundie mindset of eternal torment, yours and the UR version suggests a temporary punishment. See the problem?

If your gawd is real, then there would of course be no need for requirement of punishment/correction nor any requirement for worship, Your version still requires denial of intellect and skepticism. In fact I said it in another thread you had found something that means something to you and assume we all are like you. You assume A&E, mythological personae were miserable so you still adhere to the Roman doctrine of the fall and the person of jesus as the fix to the problem. When confronted with the rejection of your warm fuzzies, you deflect like all theists to threats of impending doom and gloom.

Some of us here have no need for imaginary friends or deities as they are ALL man-made. You just choose to believe in one that you find melds in with the bit of logic you have.

As I stated when you arrived here, weed has the same effect as your DL doctrine. At least with weed, the results are pretty consistent.
My version requires you to open up your soul and find out who the real you is... and, may I advise you, that it is not all just your brain.

We are on this earth for only a very short time as compared to what lies ahead. I am sharing with you exactly what is in store for all of us.
You can pooh pooh it all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that it is real.

There is plenty of information and knowledge that you can gain to advance out of your present state of spiritual darkness. However, you choose not to, as you'd rather smoke weed.

Here's what Adam had to say about the matter:

"I and my soulmate lived in a paradise which God had given us, and were very happy until the great fall. We were so filled with the thought that we were all powerful and all wise, that we concluded that the obedience which God had required of us, was not necessary for us to observe, and that if we only exerted our powers, we would be as great as He is great, and would be able to obtain that immortality which he possessed. But, alas the day. We were mere creatures, although wonderful and beautiful, and we soon realized that fact.

The disobedience was in not waiting for God to bestow upon us the great Divine Love that would make us like Him in substance as well as in image. We were like Him in our possession of souls and also in the possibility of obtaining the Divine Love.

We disobeyed Him in that we tried to make ourselves believe that we were as He was, and that we need not submit further to His decrees. We tried to make this belief a thing of reality, and in our vanity tried to appear as gods; but as soon as we did this the scales dropped from our eyes, and we saw how naked and impotent we were."

Celestial Vision Productions

Note: The information contained at this website is in the public domain.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven!

Go ahead; sample some of the endless scroll-down menu items.

Fascinating. Terrifyingly ignorant. Unless, of course, you think it's all good.....
YIKES! That is some major fundy-ism goin' down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality