Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,951,962 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you gotta love that Evolution link AREQUiPA noted from within my larger original OP link.

EVOLUTION: The Big Hoax!

I could sit here all afternoon and easily debunk each and every mis-quoted faker argument they provide here. I've seen them all on C-D over this past year, leading me to the inescapable conclusion that the anti-evolutionists simply go to such websites as this, copy the pathological lies, and re-post them without even a tiny iota of additional consideration.

In essence, the christian answers to the proofs and evidence are all losers, with no good basis in fact nor logic. on balancee, they lose, officially, on Evolution, ancient earth age, archeology and paleontology. Lose, lose lose.

"All mutations are bad" is a good one. That's the best they can do? I can only wonder if the mutt-head PhD author they quote failed his intro stats class. During my Ph... oh well. Apparently they might have different standards, and besides, the devoted fundy acolytes don't believe me or anyone else here on the side of science anyhow, so why say anything else.

I just wanted the rational ones in the audience to see the level of bias, dis-info and outright lies available as a resource to the scientifically and logically challenged.

Last edited by rifleman; 11-15-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:54 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,494,389 times
Quote:
Did you shun God and seek to become a God yourself?
Damn, I shouldn't have read The Fountainhead.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:59 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,494,389 times
Quote:
WRONG. Listen, if you're going to bash Christianity and the Bible, at least try to get the doctrine correct that you're trying to bash. Hell was not created for Adam and Eve but rather for Satan and his angels. Try to get it right next time.
So your god didn't know from the beginning that people would end up in his hell? Are you serious?

Old 11-15-2009, 10:15 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
My version requires you to open up your soul and find out who the real you is... and, may I advise you, that it is not all just your brain.
First you will need to scientifically define what the soul is. The only sole I know of is at the bottom of my shoes.

Quote:
We are on this earth for only a very short time as compared to what lies ahead. I am sharing with you exactly what is in store for all of us.
You can pooh pooh it all you like, but that doesn't change the fact that it is real.
It is only real to you and there is nothing waiting for us except oblivion.

Quote:
There is plenty of information and knowledge that you can gain to advance out of your present state of spiritual darkness. However, you choose not to, as you'd rather smoke weed.
Correction, I once upon a time smoked weed. I am not in spiritual darkness as there exist no spiritual light to begin with.

Quote:
Here's what Adam had to say about the matter:

"I and my soulmate lived in a paradise which God had given us, and were very happy until the great fall. We were so filled with the thought that we were all powerful and all wise, that we concluded that the obedience which God had required of us, was not necessary for us to observe, and that if we only exerted our powers, we would be as great as He is great, and would be able to obtain that immortality which he possessed. But, alas the day. We were mere creatures, although wonderful and beautiful, and we soon realized that fact.

The disobedience was in not waiting for God to bestow upon us the great Divine Love that would make us like Him in substance as well as in image. We were like Him in our possession of souls and also in the possibility of obtaining the Divine Love.

We disobeyed Him in that we tried to make ourselves believe that we were as He was, and that we need not submit further to His decrees. We tried to make this belief a thing of reality, and in our vanity tried to appear as gods; but as soon as we did this the scales dropped from our eyes, and we saw how naked and impotent we were."

Celestial Vision Productions

Note: The information contained at this website is in the public domain.
Yeah, I too can make crap up and claim it was channeled to me. Your gawd still requires me to deny my intellect and logic and has no ability to override that so that does not make your gawd much of a gawd worth investigating.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,636,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So your god didn't know from the beginning that people would end up in his hell? Are you serious?
Gotta' say. You busted 'em (unless they deny omniscience)

But remember - Christian theologians have had a couple of thousand years to develop counter arguments to these logical arguments. Kind of like a 20" thick steel armor helmet against reason.

I'm a believer in God and in the brilliant symbology of Genesis, but this literalist stuff is... just... bizarre.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:58 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,462,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
A much better website:

Landover Baptist | Where the Worthwhile Worship. Unsaved Unwelcome.

More Product Information Great Christmas card from Landover Babtist Church

Wait, wait, wait....tell me that site was a joke, right? Right? Please?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:33 AM

Default And The Lord Said" Thou Shalt Laugh When It's Phunny!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Wait, wait, wait....tell me that site was a joke, right? Right? Please?
Have no fear, my child... The LBC is a saintly but devout and satirical anti-Christianity absolver...

They do get it right though, don't they? Hee hee.

Who'da thunk Christianity, Mormonism and Satanic ritual worship could be so dammm phunny?

(Certainly NOT the Christians, I'm thinkin'...)

Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 AM

50,116 posts, read 20,884,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yeah, you gotta love that Evolution link AREQUiPA noted from within my larger original OP link.

EVOLUTION: The Big Hoax!

I could sit here all afternoon and easily debunk each and every mis-quoted faker argument they provide here. I've seen them all on C-D over this past year, leading me to the inescapable conclusion that the anti-evolutionists simply go to such websites as this, copy the pathological lies, and re-post them without even a tiny iota of additional consideration.

In essence, the christian answers to the proofs and evidence are all losers, with no good basis in fact nor logic. on balancee, they lose, officially, on Evolution, ancient earth age, archeology and paleontology. Lose, lose lose.

"All mutations are bad" is a good one. That's the best they can do? I can only wonder if the mutt-head PhD author they quote failed his intro stats class. During my Ph... oh well. Apparently they might have different standards, and besides, the devoted fundy acolytes don't believe me or anyone else here on the side of science anyhow, so why say anything else.

I just wanted the rational ones in the audience to see the level of bias, dis-info and outright lies available as a resource to the scientifically and logically challenged.
Yes, indeed. I came across that site some time ago. Every single one of their asserions has been discredited, but still the site is up.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 AM

50,116 posts, read 20,884,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
WRONG. Listen, if you're going to bash Christianity and the Bible, at least try to get the doctrine correct that you're trying to bash. Hell was not created for Adam and Eve but rather for Satan and his angels. Try to get it right next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I wonder? Deb, are you telling us that Adam's descendents will not go to hell or is this a piece of semantic wriggling?

If God made hell, either he intended Adam's sinning decendents to go there or he didn't.

If he didn't intend that but created if for Satan and his minions and thought it would be handy to roast the unworthy after they'd fallen, then saying it wasn't made specifically for that purpose is really a semantic detail. It is there for us as, if it wasn't, God could surely find some other solution. Your remark also implies that God didn't know what was going to happen when he created everything and apparently still doesn't.

"The theological implications alone are staggering!" (Charles Schultz)

Have a think about the implications and come back to us with your views on whether hell is for sinning humans or not.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Yes, indeed. I came across that site some time ago. Every single one of their assertions has been discredited, but still the site is up.
I'm sorry; are you speaking of the stuff on the site, or of Christianity?

"Damned Internet! It's the Spawn of Satan, I tell you. Without it, we'd still have control of folks' minds! And money" [A probable quote by Jerry Falweel, Jimmy Swaggert and/or Pat Robertson, all of whom actually give me pause to consider that there really might be a devil after all...]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality