Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 10:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Part of the problem is that they honestly believe that God is somehow protecting them. If the pedophile doesn't confess the matter is "left in Jehovah's hands". Why go to the police when you have God on the case? I have even seen current witnesses online that know there is some abusers getting caught but they believe that is because God is bringing these things to light and will handle it. They many times make the victim face their accuser in a room full of men and state what happened. The men that are set up to investigate are often times friends of the accused. There is no counseling or women involved in the process. They victim can even be accused of wrong doing and shunned(did you enjoy it). On top of that they believe that if they go to the police they are bringing shame on God because it puts the organization in a bad light with Satan's government.
It's good to shine a light where darkness holds sway. You have more allies than you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 12:07 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
That reads like a JW commercial and it certainly is not written by a journalist.

The head of the JWs (name escapes me at the moment) has repeatedly stated in so many words that secular higher education is a snare and a waste of time that draws young people away from the faith. He has said that parents who send their children to college have only themselves to blame for the inevitable result: the children, drift away from the JW faith.

Naturally to counter the inevitable criticism that he is in favor of at least selective ignorance over knowledge, he says that the JWs believe in education ... just that it is education in their particular dogma based on their particular Bible translation and theological framework.

So it is one thing to provide very basic literacy and manual job skills to a poor society, thus buying credibility and the ability to subtly slant the donated materials their way. It is another thing to teach the full range of proven science and human knowledge even when it disagrees with your pet dogmas.
This same exact stuff was the propaganda that earlier cults (including Christian and Sophist ones) also spread. "Work Industriously, forget a proper fuller education of critical thinking, get them while they're young, especially the intellectually incapable ones that are needed anyway as cogs in the machine... all you need is loyalty to us and to get by in life, etc"

Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I feel pretty much the same about JW's that I do about all other religions. I'm an atheist and it never stops amazing me that certain religions think theirs is real or the truth over others. It's like someone believing in Santa arguing with someone who believes in the Easter Bunny. Santa's real but that Bunny is a cult. lol Makes no sense to me. I don't believe in any of those mythic beings or Gods.

Believing is personal, just like your sexual preference. Up to you, and nobody else's business.
I don't think believing is personal, and neither are preferences of any kind. They are all shaped by exposure and genetics. Although there might be certain draws to religion such as Terror Management Theory suggests, the specifics of such religion must be taught to you or created.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:59 AM

661 posts, read 1,184,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
They haven't covered it up--the words of apostates say that. Paedophilia is not exceptable ever to the JW,s. There could be cases where individual weak congregations may have covered it up.
But that is not the JW religion fault--it is individuals fault.
And yes as it stands 99% houses( eternal life) are on fire, so out of love for Jehovah, Jesus and ones fellow man--- a JW knocks.
The world hated it back then as well in Jesus day. As far as to fill their hearts with hatred to kill everyone of them they could. Because the followers of this world, Jesus taught to be no part of--must fit in.
The rank and file JWs are often unaware of what is taking place because they have it drummed into them that those who have left the faith (apostates) are the epitome of evil and are just out to cause trouble and division. Therefore everything they say is lies. And then the media is part of Satans system so they don't trust anything from that source.

Also their literature has often criticized the Roman Catholic Church for its child abuse problems, highlighting it as one of the reasons they don't have the truth. So it's the Catholic Church that's at fault, but not the JW organization, just the individual? Some double standards there to my mind.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,159,396 times
brain washing cult who will steal your money.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:11 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
The rank and file JWs are often unaware of what is taking place because they have it drummed into them that those who have left the faith (apostates) are the epitome of evil and are just out to cause trouble and division. Therefore everything they say is lies. And then the media is part of Satans system so they don't trust anything from that source.

Also their literature has often criticized the Roman Catholic Church for its child abuse problems, highlighting it as one of the reasons they don't have the truth. So it's the Catholic Church that's at fault, but not the JW organization, just the individual? Some double standards there to my mind.

That's usually what occurs to one who listens to a one sided story. The JW,s know exactly what takes place so don't fool yourself. I have read many apostate materials--everyone had lies in them. As Gods word put--ones like that have turned back to their own vomit.
I seriously doubt the JW,s ever said that Catholicism don't have truth because of Paedophilia-- they just do not have truth--this is who they are-2Thess 2:3--it was they who screwed it all up at the councils headed by a pagan false god worshipping king--Jesus would have no part of it as long as that king was apart of it. They invented a trinity that does not exist. then in turn breeded a divided house( 33,000 trinity religions) that will not stand( Mark 3:24-26)
Jesus is in opposition to every king on earth--Jesus is the JW,s king. Every kingdom( govt, armies supporters)on earth will be mislead to raise up against Gods chosen at the end of the tribulation( Rev 16)( Rev 19:17-19 then to stand against Gods king--the result-Daniel 2:44)

Old 02-25-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
brain washing cult who will steal your money.

A sad thought from the darkness.( your post)

which is the cult to Jesus?

A divided house( 33,000 trinity based religions) that will not stand.( Mark 3:24-26)
or
A worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace, thought--no division-1Cor 1:10)

maybe you should learn what the bible actually teaches before trying to discuss it.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Oops! I just assumed because of the scripture you posted and on account of me saying the Governing Body are full of crap. I thought you would think that was hate.

its apostasy--so please stop talking to me.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:21 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
What do I think of Jehovah Witnesses?
Except for the once or twice a year when they come to my door, I don't think of them, and when they get in their vehicle and drive away, I promptly forget about them.
That is all.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:27 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Oops! I just assumed because of the scripture you posted and on account of me saying the Governing Body are full of crap. I thought you would think that was hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
its apostasy--so please stop talking to me.
This is an open forum so he can respond to any post. Your fears and delusions about apostasy carry no weight. The JWs are as Trout describes and they are a blight on the spiritual development and maturation of their members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Any organization which prizes itself so highly about being "apart" from the rest of humanity and which is secretive and which has an authoritative, paternalistic power structure and docile, subservient women is a recipe for rampant, covert sexual abuse.
Quote:
Part of the problem is that they honestly believe that God is somehow protecting them. If the pedophile doesn't confess the matter is "left in Jehovah's hands". Why go to the police when you have God on the case? I have even seen current witnesses online that know there is some abusers getting caught but they believe that is because God is bringing these things to light and will handle it. They many times make the victim face their accuser in a room full of men and state what happened. The men that are set up to investigate are often times friends of the accused. There is no counseling or women involved in the process. They victim can even be accused of wrong doing and shunned(did you enjoy it). On top of that they believe that if they go to the police they are bringing shame on God because it puts the organization in a bad light with Satan's government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's good to shine a light where darkness holds sway. You have more allies than you know.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality