Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 02:37 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,934,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Great folks perhaps too hung up on end-times ( although your a loser and a fool if not prepared ) . Secondly, although I have high praise for their witnessing although if they think for a minute that
"work" is linked to salvation or a ticket t heaven say they are wrong. Now as a caveate to members
saved via their belief in the son of man their works will earn them "rewards" given in heaven for
stewardship, giving, time and energies given back to the kingdom. Lastly, they are perverting scripture
with any thought of being raptured ( caught up) or given a heavenly ticket via works. It's not in the
word except off of man's lips!!! Young people today are told Witnesses are a cult, of Satan and all
I can say is that's so much baloney one has to consider the sources......babies.

Your post is not truth. JW,s do not rely on works for salvation. Grace is a free gift. The reality of works---James taught--Faith without works is dead---meaning--one who does works builds up a strong alive faith that will stand under opposition. Without works ones faith will fall under opposition. So works and faith go hand in hand---as well, in Revelation it teaches one will be judged by their works. That is the reality of works to a JW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM

234 posts, read 162,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God is real--0 doubt. The world has been watching revelation pass before their eyes. many can sense it but do not know the reality of its hidden meanings. Only Jesus' real teachers on earth know what it means, and those that listen to them.
yea. revelations? which revelations do you speak of? lemme guess...you are going to give me some scriptures about men will be lovers of money, there will be more famine and pestilence, more war, blah blah blah. and that the end will come like a "thief in the night"...lol. anyone can predict these things will come to pass. as population increases = so do more problems.

A person that has psychotic hallucinations believes that what they see or believe is real. But that doesn't make it so.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Your post is not truth. JW,s do not rely on works for salvation. Grace is a free gift. The reality of works---James taught--Faith without works is dead---meaning--one who does works builds up a strong alive faith that will stand under opposition. Without works ones faith will fall under opposition. So works and faith go hand in hand---as well, in Revelation it teaches one will be judged by their works. That is the reality of works to a JW.
so i do not need to go to a kingdomhall or partake of any meetings, or any of that beauracracy to show "my works".

Old 10-08-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
so i do not need to go to a kingdomhall or partake of any meetings, or any of that beauracracy to show "my works".

No, you must go to learn the true will of God from the only teachers on earth appointed by Jesus. The bible clearly teaches--Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, to incite to love and fine works. We all must become one with God and his son.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
yea. revelations? which revelations do you speak of? lemme guess...you are going to give me some scriptures about men will be lovers of money, there will be more famine and pestilence, more war, blah blah blah. and that the end will come like a "thief in the night"...lol. anyone can predict these things will come to pass. as population increases = so do more problems.

A person that has psychotic hallucinations believes that what they see or believe is real. But that doesn't make it so.

My teachers have the truth concerning rev 13--do you know what it means? the world has been watching it occur for over 50 years. So Rev is way past that point, its getting near its end.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,088,069 times
Quote:
My teachers have the truth concerning rev 13--do you know what it means? the world has been watching it occur for over 50 years. So Rev is way past that point, its getting near its end.
It means someone saw a lion dragon screaming?

Is there a vid of that?

Parts of Revelation have been "definitively!" been happening for (counting) about 1983 years now.

Weirdly...the world is still here.

Interesting reading: investigate all the "it's the end" large-scale or at least decent chunk-size scale hysterias in various parts of the globe. They have historically happened at "numbers" times (2000, of course, as well as 1000, to give two examples...the year 999 was a hysterical, frightened time where there was certainty, supported by the Bible, that it WAS the end-times, period), as well as dozens if not hundreds of other examples related to mystical or "historical" or just logical numbers; interpretations of world happenings; or both.

In contemporary times, besides the Mayan 2012 and the idea that things were going to blow up in 2000 (though that latter was due to the bogus belief that bank computers could not handle the second two digits repeating), I remember in I believe the early 1980s, and then the later 1980s (?) where there was a semi-hysteria among pockets of the religious. With the former, I was in school. We, including the non-religious, were waiting for the sky to darken and everything to go down. We were THAT SURE, because it was all "supported." I wish I remember the details of that "support." The day ended and we were still there. With the latter, I was at my job. That time I didn't believe in the slightest that it was the last day before the apocalypse, but I clearly recall hearing singing and I looked out the window and there was a religious nutter singing and lifting her hands up and down as she walked the sidewalk. This "end times" thing had been all over the news. Again, I wish I remember the actual Biblical "support" but it all seemed like a lot of babble easily related to almost any time period, any leader, any geological condition, etc., which is what it was, and what it is now.

EVERY generation of those eagerly hopeful that it's the end (that is so weird...there must be a psychological name for this) has believed it was THE worst generation of depravity or impending depravity and has related tons of vague Revelations acid trip metaphors to "today and now."

Yet the "today and now" never happens. It's been almost 2000 years. Still no end times.

Sorry to disappoint.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,088,069 times
Quote:
No, you must go to learn the true will of God from the only teachers on earth appointed by Jesus. The bible clearly teaches--Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, to incite to love and fine works. We all must become one with God and his son.
You believe in God yet you're not afraid of making assumptions that you are as smart as it is and you know the real truth, v. other people who just don't? And that you have tripped God up and know the unknowable although we're not supposed to know the day nor hour? You cracked God's code, that dummy, ha ha?

If I actually believed in the (vengeful, jealous, all-powerful) God I'd be TERRIFIED to do that.

Brave guy. You're on the losing side of showing God up, though, if your God is real. So...nice knowing ya. Do I smell smoke?

Oh khj, we hardly knew ye.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
yes, i well do. i was raised jehovah's witness and i see it for the sham it really is, along with all religion. your "teachers" have been wrongly predicting the "end times" for quite some time now, and will continue to do so for quite some time.

tell me, kjw47 ..........are you reporting on your service sheet all this time you are "witnessing" online? goin for pioneer status this month?

Old 10-09-2016, 02:26 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,018,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Great folks perhaps too hung up on end-times ( although your a loser and a fool if not prepared ) . Secondly, although I have high praise for their witnessing although if they think for a minute that
"work" is linked to salvation or a ticket t heaven say they are wrong. Now as a caveate to members
saved via their belief in the son of man their works will earn them "rewards" given in heaven for
stewardship, giving, time and energies given back to the kingdom. Lastly, they are perverting scripture
with any thought of being raptured ( caught up) or given a heavenly ticket via works. It's not in the
word except off of man's lips!!! Young people today are told Witnesses are a cult, of Satan and all
I can say is that's so much baloney one has to consider the sources......babies.
The works stuff is ott, not denying that, similar to other groups like the ICoC.
End of Times madness?
Well most of the propaganda, youtube videos etc I have seen comes from fundies and sda's, even allowing for the fact that jw's are discouraged from participating in mainstream media, and apostate sites.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
yes, i well do. i was raised jehovah's witness and i see it for the sham it really is, along with all religion. your "teachers" have been wrongly predicting the "end times" for quite some time now, and will continue to do so for quite some time.

tell me, kjw47 ..........are you reporting on your service sheet all this time you are "witnessing" online? goin for pioneer status this month?

I never count this time. Are you an apostate? Strange how ones desperate and treacherous heart( Jeremiah 17:9) can mislead them into not seeing all the truth the JW,s teach. They repented of past errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality