Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,513,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24
Based upon the same source that identifies all wrongs - God's word.
Horse crap. God's word doesn't even begin to cover "all wrongs" until priest, rabbis, imans, and minsters interpret what they like while ignoring what they don't in order to cover the situation, if they so choose to.
We can, of course, question how one knows it is God's Word.

Last edited by Konraden; 03-25-2010 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,166,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
We can, of course, question how one know's it is God's Word.
Well the Bible says so, after careful editing of course.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,571,579 times
Quote:
We can, of course, question how one know's it is God's Word.
One does not. Christians believe it is; that's their business. The rest of you can mind your own business.

Though you won't.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
Now this is rich! You've done nothing but deflect and obfuscate and now you accuse me of deflecting? LOL!
Quote:
Is there a question here? I would truly like to answer without "deflection" but all you've done here is present your personal opinion.
Deflection.

Quote:
Personally, I don't find any deep dark mystery concerning the important truths of God's law or God's clearly revealed nature.
Then I praise an intellect so far superior to the likes of Thomas Aquinas, Augustine of Hippo, or Martin Luther.

Nonetheless more deflection.

Accuse? I think that even the most casual reader would find against you.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
One does not. Christians believe it is; that's their business. The rest of you can mind your own business.

Though you won't.
You see Konraden, Christians have a monopoly on these gods.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Though you won't.
Why should we? We're not the ones claiming that the sexual behaviors of consenting adults is abhorrent and deserves to be banned, fixed, or otherwise shoved outside of the public eye and never referenced or taught about in the public school system.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Why should we? We're not the ones claiming that the sexual behaviors of consenting adults is abhorrent and deserves to be banned, fixed, or otherwise shoved outside of the public eye and never referenced or taught about in the public school system.
Neither are Christians.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Neither are Christians.
!? Are you trying to play the no-true Scotsman fallacy?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
!? Are you trying to play the no-true Scotsman fallacy?
You mean the no-true Scotsman fallacy fallacy? No, I leave that 'argument' to those less fortunate.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
I don't agree...Homosexuality is condemned by most Christians from what I have seen and heard.
By all Christians- if they are asked. This wanton way of antichrists of arrogantly including their own sort among Christians is pretty self-indicting.

Pretty sure you say Christians condemn homosexuality. And then, you say...

Quote:
[quote=Konraden]
Neither are Christians.[/quote]

That's called a contradiction.

Quote:
[homosexuality] has been taboo, and a revulsive concept, in almost all societies, until very recently. And I'm not at all sure that buggery is not a revulsive concept to everyone today, if they are honest. Homosexuals not infrequently admit that they despise themselves after the act, but get over it in time for the next one.
Baseless statement followed by baseless statement. (emphasis mine) Do you frequently do this, Shibata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiabata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanspeur
[Sons inherit their fathers sins]
It's absurd nonsense that you think it's Christian teaching. How did you get that idea?
Christian Theology, hello? Jesus dies for the sins of Adam and Eve, which all of mankind inherited. That is the entire religion.

Quote:
It does not seem to me that skeptics have much of a case against Christian values on sexual matters, which they often seem to be obsessed by.
Perhaps because ones own sexuality is a non-issue, except Christians seem to make it one.

Quote:
The prohibition of bearing false witness is one 'law' that they seldom mention as a Christian one. Now why do you think that may be?
That's called a Red Herring, and false witness is a Jewish law, not a Christian one, unless, of course, you're including all 600+ commandments. I doubt you are. Of course, lying was also found in the Code of Hammurabi, which you probably already know predates Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality