Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,224,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I don't think it's too much to ask that people spell and punctuate at the elementary school level to post on these forums. Sheesh!
I agree with you and lawmom on this -- it's just basic courtesy to your readership.

For the OP, I sympathize and hope this learning experience for you will result in finding a new place when you can move that is all your present place ISN'T.

Count me as another who will NEVER share a wall again, as I sure had my share of Neighbors From Hell and noise, noise, noise.

Good luck and hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I don't think it's too much to ask that people spell and punctuate at the elementary school level to post on these forums. Sheesh!
oh please, get over it.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,935 times
Wo I hate where I live. It's ghetto, loud, insecure, rip off, **** , etc. First of all I hate where I live because its there's stupid kids crying, running, screaming, and no privacy or room. I swear I want to move but, I don't want to live far or close because i don't like people I know to know where I live and crap. And not far because I hate walking for 20 minutes. Lucky my dad have a car but, my mom doesn't know how to drive. I nearly have grocery problems, and laundry. I hate the parking lots because people that don't live near or just straying inside there car and barely room for parking. I swear it gets too cold in the winter. The people who owns the apartment don't get their asses clean and help when we ask or they just come anytime they feel like it. I hate to see my parents clean and tell them don't clean it's not a house but, at the same time I'm lazy to clean and it needs to be clean. I hate birthday parties where I live because its embarrassing most of the people lives in a house but, me. Every time I play Call of Duty I always rage and course loud which its embarrassing because anyone can hear me and think I'm crazy. I never have my own privacy and space. I hate answering people who asks me where and if I live in a house and apartment. I usually lie or don't answer them. I swear I hate it!!!! Everybody else has a nice, quite peacefully house. It's always me everything happens to me I swear. My parents can't afford to move and buy a house. My dad is old and gets paid a little. My mom gets paid a little. I'm only 18 and I can't do nothing about it. And my parents are about to loose their job because there's some stupid issues going on. I don't know what might happen in the futur. All I know is that I'm ****ed up. any advice PLEASE!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 PM

625 posts, read 953,075 times
I have rented apartments for 10 years ever since I started working at my current full-time job. I rented a one bedroom for $590/month for 5 years, I rented a two bedroom and a den for $655/month for one year, then I rented a two bedroom apartment for $610/month for two years, and I rented a two bedroom for $595 for a year and two months. I just moved into a large one bedroom apartment earlier this year for $450/month which is privately owned and I currently live here. It is the best deal for an apartment that I have ever rented. I don't regret moving out of my parents' house and into an apartment. My regret which ruminates in my mind to this day is renting those previous apartments for $600/month because if I had lived at my current apartment from the beginning, I would have saved $150/month for 10 years!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,046 times
I used to live in a 4 story walk-up. It was a pain to lug them (groceries or other bags) all the way up, but I dealt with it. I now live on the second floor and I cant tell you how easy it is now. Mail? it was in the lobby. Or at least, it was supposed to be. But the mailman was too lazy and left the mail in the old bin in the front of the building. So, if you forgot to collect your bills and you live on the fourth story? its not pleasant. Okay, so not only did I live on the fourth story, but the trash was downstairs, outside the back of the building, through the tunnel alleyway thing, where we kept all our bikes, down the concrete stairs, through a gated door, and another door that always stuck. It was a definite pain in the "a$$" because right after you'd get yourself situated, you would notice that the house is starting to smell like a rotten banana. We didn't even have parking. we would have to roam the streets, trying to find a spot, even if its 3 miles away from your house, just so you can go to sleep. So you can imagine having to hike 3 miles (which, sadly, was often the reality) through the snow, having to shovel out snow in the morning would be torturous. I wish we had a gym in the apartment. The closest one was a big drive away, into the main city which was far from where I lived. So I wasn't as motivated to go. My neighbors are...beyond understanding. The floors are are wood, but thin. That means I can hear every scream. And with them, its a whole lot. Trust me, having a five year old, a ten year old and a newborn with a loud mom can definitely earn a headache. Your lucky you have Central air. I don't get to control the temperature based on my preferences, no, the building does. Which is why Im rarely home in the summer. My apartment didn't even have closets... at all! Yeah, that means having o build them. When a girl moves into a house, the last thing she wants to find out is that she'll have to build closets (or at least, for me.) So you see, your apartment isn't too bad. Thats part of living in an apartment. what else did you expect? These aren't the W hotels, they're apartments and having a positive outlook on it, can change your whole experience.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,046 times
aha

Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,399,972 times
It's amazing they build these new apartments in middletown with ZERO soundproofing and then charge you that outrageous amount for rent. I don't know why this is just considered part of renting. It's unacceptable. It's no way for anyone to live.

If he's BLASTING his music at midnight then call the police. Then call the office the next day. If he's playing it at a normal level, like just watching tv level, then that's just bad building soundproofing.

The other issues are kind of on you as others have stated. OBVIOUSLY you were going to have walk up stairs with groceries if it's a second floor. Come on now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting