Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times

Advertisements

If you sign an agreement to rent/lease, you know the due date, period. It rolls around every month. If you cant pay, CALL... I give a 5 day grace period, after that late fees accumulate by the day. Everyone gets one break, after that, if I don't hear from you, bye, bye birdie. People I owe don't cut me any slack, unless is unusual circumstances, don't expect one from me, and if I have to come looking for you, I still won't cut you a break, pick up the phone, call me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
If you cant pay, CALL...
...if I don't hear from you, bye, bye birdie. P
...pick up the phone, call me.

Blondie-Call Me - YouTube

Old 09-03-2011, 02:33 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
(tongue-in-cheek)
One of the sponsored Ads by Google I saw in this forum was pitching 'turnkey' real estate with properties and tenants ready to go. So how do you justify collecting rent without working for it?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:35 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Our last renter - who rented a house that we lost to foreclosure - paid her rent late almost every month and had an infinite variety of excuses. Some were:

> Her check was stolen by her son and he used it to buy drugs
> She cashed her check but somebody stole her purse at Target
> She's starting a new job at (several places) and won't get paid until next week
> She actually didn't get the job after all
> The federal government did not send her a check she was counting on to pay rent
> She was counting on a check from her aunt to pay rent, but she didn't send her it

Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Wow, what a load of crap. If you are concerned about the "illusion of ownership", I would suggest moving to a nice idealistic paradise like Cuba or North Korea. Then you won't have to worry about such matters.

Few words are as problematic as if.

Thank you for the suggestion. However running from problems is not my way of dealing with situations effectively, That's a cowards plan.

Im not worried, I'm simply calling a spade a spade. You support the illusion and destructive evil things and you keep eating the propaganda, handing over your money to people who steal from you it no wonder why the economy is in shambles.

Do you think you have a moral obligation to hand over your money to people who did not earn it? If so you are deluded.

How do you justify stealing?

Just because everyone is doing it does'nt make it right.

The fact of the matter is we have no moral obligation to obey the parasites in society.

but hey some people do not recognize evil as evil and hence can't tell **** from shineola.

keep funding your economic overlords and see where it gets you.

fix whats between your ears, running away to north korea is not going to accomplish anything here.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaterma View Post

rent is theft. and some landlords identify unconsciously with the governments that steam from them.

who in their right mind would be paying someone elses mortgage.

Oh right because rent is theft

case closed.
This statement might be at the top of the all time dumbest comments I've seen on CD.

I'm delighted to pay rent to a good honest landlord who keeps his/her end of the contract. Why? Because they took the financial risk of investing in real estate, while I kept my money in my pocket. They have to pay for major repairs and new appliances - my money is in my pocket. I have the flexibility and freedom to pick up and move anytime I want (within the terms of the lease, of course). Flexibility is freedom. Freedom is priceless.

I'm not even going to get into a discussion about people who should rent (or have to rent) because they can't afford a house, have no or bad credit, are too irresponsible to be homeowner's, don't have a down payment, are living in an area temporarily, and so on.

Yes, I DO own a home. But we rent part of the year - going to different places, enjoying different areas and experiences. I'm delighted to pay for that flexibility and freedom in the form of rent, and happy to "pay the mortgage" for a good landlord. (who probably have no mortgage on the property anyway.). Thank you to ALL the good Landlords out there!

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 09-12-2011 at 10:54 AM..

Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
Sometimes, $hit happens. I've always paid my rent on time. Now, I've saved up enough so that if I were to lose my job, I can live out my lease. If I don't find a job in time, I would move out. This was not the case a few years ago. I had no real savings and CC debt.

Let's say someone loses their job and still has 10 months to go on their lease. Let's assume the rent is $1,000 a month. Is the person horrible because they don't have $10,000? Not to mention that there is the cost of utilities. It's a tough situation that not many people can perpare for. Education is not going to help that, more money and a job is. Many people live check to check and are 1-3 paychecks from being homeless.
That's understandable but it is not the landlord's job to take care of you. If you cannot pay your bills then you need to leave. I was out of work for six months and I did not receive a single dollar but my bills were paid. How would you feel if you worked two weeks and your employer told you that he could not pay you because business was slow? Life is tough but at the end of the day, it is your problem.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,376 times
My situation is my rent is paid every month to the same landlord for almost 4 years now, only to find out she is delinquent on property taxes by almost $7000 , so what 's going to or can possibly happen to me and my family. will we be evicted or something. Does anyone know the answer

Old 09-29-2012, 03:13 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh1964 View Post
My situation is my rent is paid every month to the same landlord for almost 4 years now, only to find out she is delinquent on property taxes by almost $7000 , so what 's going to or can possibly happen to me and my family. will we be evicted or something. Does anyone know the answer
If the property is foreclosed upon for any reason you'll have plenty of notice in advance, If you have a lease it will be honored and if you're on a month to month you'll have at least 90 days to make other arrangements.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
I wish my rent was $0 but not in my lifetime. Some people are fortunate to live rent free & i know a few. One lives with his mom & one lives with his dad. Both are adults with a steady income. I rarely associate with people who dont pay their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting