Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Its all called responsibility. I have heard so much lately of landlords who are trying to evict people. But wait, these tenants have not paid for 3,4, 5 months.

Sorry, but being a landlord makes one very very immune to all the sob stories. And not to believe any one of them.

d

and I'll bet every deadbeat who doesn't pay rent believes they were justified.

All kinds of irresponsible behavior is being passed off with-----" I was justified"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,806,426 times
Just got off the phone with my latest deadbeat tenant. I am refusing to sign the housing form for her as she is 3 months behind on her measly $128 a month in rent ; the state pays the rest.

Her attitude is that the state is paying the most of it, so I shoudlnt complain and that she will pay when she has the money. Last week she was 4 months behind, and only paid one month as she needed a school form signed. Next week she will be 4 months behind again.

I am still shaking from listening to her berate me as to the fact that I am a terrible landlord ; took down the screen door and never replaced it ; it was the third one I replaced and will not replace it again as the door is in a wind tunnel.
She has bees and dosnt know what to do ; this is the first time I heard of the bees. It is a single family home. I also pay the water and the garbage which is an extra $60 a month that I need to come up with.

Guess she will be going back to a shelter. Some people you jsut cannot help if they do not want to help themselves.

d

Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Just got off the phone with my latest deadbeat tenant. I am refusing to sign the housing form for her as she is 3 months behind on her measly $128 a month in rent ; the state pays the rest.

Her attitude is that the state is paying the most of it, so I shoudlnt complain and that she will pay when she has the money. Last week she was 4 months behind, and only paid one month as she needed a school form signed. Next week she will be 4 months behind again.

I am still shaking from listening to her berate me as to the fact that I am a terrible landlord ; took down the screen door and never replaced it ; it was the third one I replaced and will not replace it again as the door is in a wind tunnel.
She has bees and dosnt know what to do ; this is the first time I heard of the bees. It is a single family home. I also pay the water and the garbage which is an extra $60 a month that I need to come up with.

Guess she will be going back to a shelter. Some people you jsut cannot help if they do not want to help themselves.

d
Last week she was 4 months behind, and only paid one month as she needed a school form signed. You are still being too nice why would you of signed anything She played you to get you to sign. She is now in control of you so do yourself a favor stay in charge

Old 07-23-2009, 01:16 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,806,426 times
I plan on staying in charge. There is no way she will get anymore out of me at least until she is on top of the rent.

But she has money for wine, cigs, her cell phone etc. It really maddens me.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,816 times
Even then she will not get anymore out of you

Wait to you go to court and she has a public defender that your taxes are paying for

Old 07-05-2011, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,719 times
this sad excue for a thread is a shining example of how demented society is, shows you how insidious the system is when it pitts us against on another. As long as we are fighting with one another we will never question weather the game is rigged against both parties.

Those invested in the status quo and the illusion of ownership, you get what you deserve, the pied pipers tune wails in your greedy little ears, whatever you do, dont question the man behind the curtain, just destory the tenants like a good grasshopper. Teach your children to stand on each others shoulders and kick each others teeth in that way they will be as successful as you.

rent is theft. and some landlords identify unconsciously with the governments that steam from them.

SO WHY DO NOT APPLY THE SAME STANDARDS ACROSS THE BOARD SINCE ITS OKAY TO STEAL FROM ONE ANOTHER

who in their right mind would be paying someone elses mortgage.

Oh right because rent is theft

case closed.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Thank you for resurrecting a two year old thread to express your carefully delivered opinion.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
I'm going to take a guess here that duck-and-hide sounds like a situation where the tenant is in a hole which they don't have a timetable for resolving. Like perhaps they lose their job or their unemployment runs out and they don't know when they will again have income.

The average renter has a much shakier financial profile than the average homeowner, with less than half the income and with very little net worth or liquid assets.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaterma View Post
this sad excue for a thread is a shining example of how demented society is, shows you how insidious the system is when it pitts us against on another. As long as we are fighting with one another we will never question weather the game is rigged against both parties.

Those invested in the status quo and the illusion of ownership, you get what you deserve, the pied pipers tune wails in your greedy little ears, whatever you do, dont question the man behind the curtain, just destory the tenants like a good grasshopper. Teach your children to stand on each others shoulders and kick each others teeth in that way they will be as successful as you.

rent is theft. and some landlords identify unconsciously with the governments that steam from them.

SO WHY DO NOT APPLY THE SAME STANDARDS ACROSS THE BOARD SINCE ITS OKAY TO STEAL FROM ONE ANOTHER

who in their right mind would be paying someone elses mortgage.

Oh right because rent is theft

case closed.
Wow, what a load of crap. If you are concerned about the "illusion of ownership", I would suggest moving to a nice idealistic paradise like Cuba or North Korea. Then you won't have to worry about such matters.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
In my high tax state, school districts can raise property taxes if a levy vote passes. Every citizen of voting age can vote to raise the property taxes and even college students get to vote cuz the rationale is renters pay property taxes thru their rent payments to their landlord.

What happens when a landlord doesn't pay property taxes?-----the taxing authority puts a lein against their property.

What happens when a renter doesn't pay rent-------NOTHING!

Yet renters proclaim they are---" just as much a property tax payer"--as a property owner since their rent pays the owners property taxes.

Not true, when there is no consequences from the taxing authority when you don't pay/ are late on your rent.

I believe that residential leases - like most commercial leases - should explicitly itemize property taxes and make them an obligation of the tenant.

When property taxes go up, a renter should explicitly bear them, and when property taxes go down, a renter should explicitly benefit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting