Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,275 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a private landlord renting. I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bdr in Raleigh NC for a good price. I do have a recent eviction on my record due to a medical condition. I'm now renting a room in another state just to have a roof over me and my daughters heads. I will be willing to pay a higher security deposit and a few months in advance or even have a trial of month to month lease to show good faith.... Does any of the LL on this page have any help and not rude responses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 01:34 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,704,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs81 View Post
I'm looking for a private landlord renting. I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bdr in Raleigh NC for a good price. I do have a recent eviction on my record due to a medical condition. I'm now renting a room in another state just to have a roof over me and my daughters heads. I will be willing to pay a higher security deposit and a few months in advance or even have a trial of month to month lease to show good faith.... Does any of the LL on this page have any help and not rude responses?

You will have better luck posting your specific location question in the Raleigh, NC forum here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...pel-hill-cary/

Old 01-24-2016, 05:01 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs81 View Post
I'm looking for a private landlord renting......... I do have a recent eviction on my record ..........
I'm a private landlord, and unlike a property manager, any damage and any lost rent, and any court frees come out of my own pocket, not out of my client's pocket. I am much more strict about who I rent to than any of the property managers are.

Management companies will rent to people that I turn down.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momz885 View Post
i sure hope anyone of you never gets sick, looses you job, unexpected death in the family, get in a sever auto accident or any unexpected hardships!
no compassion!
I tried to say what i said in the most reasonable way I could (non judgmental).. its the way it is. Its not personal, but its business. Im being for real. So if you are in a spot where you are having a hard time such as you said there, what you have to do is try harder to overcome all the opposition you are getting because of your hard times/circumstances. If i were a landlord, and you are having hard times, I may feel bad for you of course, but when my own mortgage comes, and i have to pay that from the rent i earn from you and you dont have it, what am i going to do? then you will pull both of us into trouble.

so, try to find a way to overcome all the things that prevent you from getting an apartment. Keep looking. dont give up. If you are meant to have an apartment, you will find one.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,153 times
Well here's my eviction story. The rather short version. I was pregnant with my second child when my mother convinced me to come live near her (even though she abandoned me with my father and still took child support for me and my sister) but anyway, I wanted to be near family so we decided to move to Illinois. My sister already lived with her but my "step father" owned a house that was unoccupied. They didn't tell me about rent till a couple days before leaving (my sister lives with her rent free so I thought as her daughter I might be extended the same especially since she KNEW we were struggling hard) then while on the road she upped the price of rent but we had no choice but to accept, no turning back now since our stuff was already shipped. My husband had two part time jobs and I watched the kids. Well he has two other kids that he pays child support to in Pennsylvania. They take support directly out of his check. Instead of splitting up payments between two jobs they send the full order to BOTH jobs. His ex was getting paid more money every paycheck then he was. He got between $60-80 at the one job and $16-30 at best at the other once a week. We talked to them about our financial problems and worked out payments. We were paying every bit we could minus $10 for gas and diapers or something else necessary one month here or there. We got constantly harassed by her and my step father. They came in without permission. He threatened my husband several times. Pushed me when I was 8 months pregnant. Choked my husband and so much else. We got a restraining order against him and because of that he sued us for some made up amount for rent. We were trying to leave as soon as we got the letter (the day after he was choked out) but were getting help from the VA so we hadn't gotten the chance to get all out yet. We were maybe a couple hundred behind because I payed several months with the last of my tax return but somehow he came up with nearly 2000 which was complete crap. The Judge didn't care to listen to us at all. They said lie after lie on the stand and even though they had no proof of unpaid rent we still got convicted. All they had was a BS spread sheet with numbers (one was car repair...the one tiny nice thing they did but still....not part of rent but again, judge didn't care) however we had nothing to prove our payments (not even a made up sheet) because we normally paid cash and I didnt think my Mother would bring me here just to make us homeless. They were telling us we needed to find a place because they wanted to sell it the month after we got there. Later found out they were wayyyy behind on property tax and just needed us to pay it! So we were brought from Pennsylvania to pay their taxes and then get kicked out. Judge refused to listen to us at all even though landlord harassment is illegal and we even had proof of it. We didnt want to go throught the pain of appealing just to have them ignore us to. They apparently favour the landlord here according to several people plus the court around here is so messed up and has so many civil/eviction proceedings that they don't even care. But because my family is scum now I forever have an eviction on record. We are trying to relocate to Washington because my husband has a good job lined up there but I'm just extremely anxious about finding a place now. Sorry if there are typos or terrible grammar it's late and I'm tired.

Best of luck to all who had evictions for stupid reasons though
Thank you to all the Lanlords who understand that unavoidable crap happens.

Tip- Don't do business with family

Last edited by midnightangel2473; 02-22-2016 at 06:13 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
paragraphs are your friend. way too difficult reading a wall of text.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:09 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
paragraphs are your friend. way too difficult reading a wall of text.
I read it and I would reject for drama, not even getting as far as the eviction.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:07 AM

41 posts, read 46,672 times
What if you payed your rent on time, but the landlord is trying to evict evict you out of retaliation for reporting code violations to the city, and using a bogus lease violation excuse as their reason? does that translate differently?

Old 03-03-2016, 04:14 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soso694 View Post
What if you payed your rent on time, but the landlord is trying to evict evict you out of retaliation for reporting code violations to the city, and using a bogus lease violation excuse as their reason? does that translate differently?
Paying your rent on time doesn't mean you can't get evicted.

What 'bogus' lease violation did you commit?

I've known people to get evicted for having an unauthorized pet, an unauthorized 'guest', for having too much police presence at the unit, for disturbing the neighbors, for violating the 'community rules', and any other number of reasons.

So, no it doesn't translate differently...an eviction is an eviction...the 'why' doesn't matter.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soso694 View Post
Fight them. Win.

Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting