Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times

Advertisements

Ani, if it's not getting too personal, how's your husband doing? I hope you've had good news.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Ani, if it's not getting too personal, how's your husband doing? I hope you've had good news.
Awwww - that is so kind of you to ask about him! Thank you!

He had a chest xray yesterday; two nodules were noted; went for a CT today; radiologist says there are no nodules or any other concerns with the CT. What was suspect on the original xray evidently were scar tissue from pneumonia he had years in the past. Relieved there were no nodules. His mother died of lung cancer at his age.

Hubby is on two weeks of prednisone right now, along with antibiotic. He is not improving, sadly. He is in bed and has a cough worse than last week's. He has bronchitis but they are saying he is not retaining fluid around his lungs and they ruled out pneumonia. He is having extreme shortness of breath, but he has been assured he is not experiencing heart failure. But he and I both agree - sure "looks and feels" like heart failure.

We trust that the docs are doing all they can and that there is nothing more I can do, either - but we are wondering if something is being missed.

He has talked with his cardiologist. He has another appt. w/ internist on Thurs. afternoon. Until then, I guess we just try to get him feeling better! Have the humidifier going . . . I really don't know what else to do, other than take meds, try to get as much rest as he can, drink plenty of fluids . . .

I just hope he starts feeling better soon.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Oh great. I think that cup of decaff was not decaff. It's 11:00 pm -- good thing there's all night talk radio. I listen to WBZ in Boston and they have people calling in all night long and there can be some really interesting topics. I guess tonight they'll be discussing the mayor's speech. sort of boring to me. Maybe I should listen to that syndicated program where they talk about UFOs all the time. kinda weird though. man on man. Dunkin Donuts, I want my $1.25 back because I TOLD you I wanted decaff...........................

Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 PM

Hey! I know. I could do 12 loads of laundry. And bake another cake and frost it. Could give the dog a bath and dry him with a hair dryer. I could iron...........nah. slinking off to bed now and taking an herbal sleep aid. yeh, like that's gonna work.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM

LOL! I wish I had seen your note last evening! It is awful to feel wired at bedtime! Hope you got a good night's sleep eventually!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL! I wish I had seen your note last evening! It is awful to feel wired at bedtime! Hope you got a good night's sleep eventually!
Thank you. I'm groggy today. I didn't sleep very well. At least I don't have to go to work when I feel like this. Joy!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thank you. I'm groggy today. I didn't sleep very well. At least I don't have to go to work when I feel like this. Joy!
Yes, that is the up side -- no alarm clock going off at 6 am and the rush begins to get to work!

Can you sneak in a little nap this afternoon? That helps me but I know folks who don't feel good after a nap.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 PM

I got through the day. Lucky are the people who can take naps and wake up refreshed. I'm not one of them.

Even luckier are the people who can sleep anywhere--plane, train, chair, couch.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I saw you on here last night and could sense your frustration for not being able to sleep. I was in the same boat ~ but - just thinking that it didn't matter anymore (no work) - I could sleep when I could - no worries Ain't life grand

Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I saw you on here last night and could sense your frustration for not being able to sleep. I was in the same boat ~ but - just thinking that it didn't matter anymore (no work) - I could sleep when I could - no worries Ain't life grand
You know, that's one of the best perks of retirement---being able to go at your own pace. If you had a bad night, you can rest all day and not have to get dressed up and go to work, sit through meetings, try to act normal when you feel like you-know-what.

You can even stay home when you're sick! Amazing! Eat when you're hungry! Have time to cook from scratch! Finally, a healthy lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement