Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Cup of hot milk with cardamom (warming spice) and raw honey, just before bed.
Yes, getting that nippy time of year. I drink Sleepytime tea before bed...

Old 10-04-2013, 12:57 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,379,922 times
Gotta to love living in the Midwest. Under a tornado watch last night. Will be under one soon. Sometimes us Midwesterners get to experience all four seasons in one week.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:06 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,770,613 times
Catt, sometimes our bodies are smarter than we are. Napping in the afternoon may help, it is suggested that a good nap is more beneficial than a straight eight hours.

The sleepytime tea hangs on the next day for me.

Good news, I have cut the vodka by half, going to bed all week by eight thirty to kick this cold that has hung on for ten yes ten weeks. I am back on the amoxicillin for a 21 day for fear this may be mono.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,770,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Gotta to love living in the Midwest. Under a tornado watch last night. Will be under one soon. Sometimes us Midwesterners get to experience all four seasons in one week.
Holy Cow

Old 10-04-2013, 07:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
It looks like the midwest is getting hit with severe thunderstorms. Hopefully, no tornadoes tonight . . .

Here in NC, we are watching that tropical storm head towards us and hoping it doesn't dump a lot of rain and heavy winds. Looks like it may be less impressive than first thought.

It is "leaf peeper" season here in the mountains . . . folks are streaming into this area to see the leaves b/f rain affects the scenery.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend! Today was gorgeous!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:35 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
CCc girl, you sound like me with the sleep problem and nothing works. And the cold that drags on. I'm still investigating different sleep aids--one called L-Glycine, an amino acid did help some but all those herbs and things do nothing at all. I think it's something in the screwed up metabolism (done a lot of reading about that lately.)

I make chai tea using regular tea like Red Rose and making a potful. Add honey, stevia, vanilla and some spices. I always get the spices mixed up--I think that miracle spice that helps with inflammation is.........circumin. But I use cumin, cardamon, and another "c" one because all I can remember is that it starts with C.
In winter you're supposed to add a little slice of ginger to warm you up! I mix the tea half and half with rice milk or almond milk. YUM YUM.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:42 AM

Hope everyone is doing well and no awful weather . . . I am so glad it is beautiful here. I dread dealing with the traffic, tho - have to leave and go back to Charlotte to take care of some matters there. This will be one of the most beautiful weekends of the year here in the High Country - everyone is flocking up to see the color changes . . . and I will be heading down the mountain.

So must finish packing up . . . and am grateful it isn't raining. Just don't want to go today!

Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are! Won't be long til things turn really cold for most of us . . .

Old 10-05-2013, 10:00 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,097,760 times
The good news is, whether you're heading up the mountain or down the mountain, you still see the same color. And the people heading down the mountain don't have the same amount of traffic.

Leaf color is just starting here. So a lot of trees are mostly bright green with one or two brilliant patches of scarlet or orange. Even though peak is when you bring out the cameras, I've always enjoyed the patchwork stage, too.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
The good news is, whether you're heading up the mountain or down the mountain, you still see the same color. And the people heading down the mountain don't have the same amount of traffic.

Leaf color is just starting here. So a lot of trees are mostly bright green with one or two brilliant patches of scarlet or orange. Even though peak is when you bring out the cameras, I've always enjoyed the patchwork stage, too.
Good point! It is the crazy drivers I deal with b/f I leave this area that worry me. I have been completely run off the road once this week and two times, I thought I was going to get hit from people who go around curves on the wrong side of the road.

So I do rather dread that. Folks have an ugly name for people who come here and can't drive on hills (stay on their brakes, burning them out and causing others to have to brake continually) . . . and who stray to the other lane when going around curves . . ."Floridiots" . . . b/c so many of them are landlubbers from Florida who are elderly and are probably a hazard on the road daily (wherever) and surely are a hazard when driving here in the mountains.

The truth be known, however, I don't see any more of them being from Florida than NC. HOWEVER, they are almost always elderly.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It looks like the midwest is getting hit with severe thunderstorms. Hopefully, no tornadoes tonight . . .

Here in NC, we are watching that tropical storm head towards us and hoping it doesn't dump a lot of rain and heavy winds. Looks like it may be less impressive than first thought.

It is "leaf peeper" season here in the mountains . . . folks are streaming into this area to see the leaves b/f rain affects the scenery.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend! Today was gorgeous!
Wimp! You are Carolina strong we thrive on storms. Darn transplants have weakened our backbone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement