Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Wanderer View Post
The h*** with SD and the broom she rode in on. But wife, could it be that she was overwhelmed and just grabbed wildly at any mode of attack (i.e., divorce)?
Good observation.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Yup! As long as I get out with my oersonal belongings, my grill and my guns, I'm a happy camper. They're welcome to the rest, the house and the attendant costs.
Curmudgeon, if the split happens, do you have any idea where you'd head to?
Since you love the Ozarks perhaps you can find a place there?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Curmudgeon, if the split happens, do you have any idea where you'd head to?
Since you love the Ozarks perhaps you can find a place there?
Gonna stay locally. I do love the Aux Arcs. Not gonna leave.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:33 PM

698 posts, read 1,052,143 times
i think i recall your saying that your wife was bi-polar; apologies if i'm mistaken. if that is her diagnosis, could all the stress, change, and adjustment as a result of dau. and kids moving in be triggering a bi-polar meltdown, for lack of a better description? certainly any huge changes in living situation and routine can trigger a bi-polar response, and i'm wondering if this latest turn of events might be related to that. certainly if she is in the midst of a mood swing, erroneous thinking and behavior are earmarks of that kind of shift. i'm not a psychologist, but have personal experience with bi-polar behavior; structure and routine mean everything in keeping a stable mental state. certainly since the dau. and company arrived, it seems that there has understandably been a lot of chaos. i'm just wondering if her behavior is in response to that.

catsy girl

Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
^^'Xactly. SD was catalyst for instability. You guys have been married 15 years. Were things that rocky that out of the blue now DW wants a divorce? Especially at your ages and stage in life. Comfortably and quietly retired. This is nuts. Counseling is in order. I'm not much of a believer in therapy/counseling for people our age, but DW needs help.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsy girl View Post
i think i recall your saying that your wife was bi-polar; apologies if i'm mistaken. if that is her diagnosis, could all the stress, change, and adjustment as a result of dau. and kids moving in be triggering a bi-polar meltdown, for lack of a better description? certainly any huge changes in living situation and routine can trigger a bi-polar response, and i'm wondering if this latest turn of events might be related to that. certainly if she is in the midst of a mood swing, erroneous thinking and behavior are earmarks of that kind of shift. i'm not a psychologist, but have personal experience with bi-polar behavior; structure and routine mean everything in keeping a stable mental state. certainly since the dau. and company arrived, it seems that there has understandably been a lot of chaos. i'm just wondering if her behavior is in response to that.

catsy girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
^^'Xactly. SD was catalyst for instability. You guys have been married 15 years. Were things that rocky that out of the blue now DW wants a divorce? Especially at your ages and stage in life. Comfortably and quietly retired. This is nuts. Counseling is in order. I'm not much of a believer in therapy/counseling at my age, but DW needs help.
Could be but color me ugly, I'm about past caring. Too much drama and with SD's plans to settle locally it won't get any better any time soon. If the relationship/marriage is that fragile and so easily dismissed, who needs it?

"Not I" said the little red hen!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
I am feeling so bad for you C. I would hope you could stay by your lake. Your DW may be stressed out and I know I would be....but choose the daughter over a great guy like you...never. What a shame and I hope to read that you have made up, or at least found a great new apartment next to a very lovely single lady, lol.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I am feeling so bad for you C. I would hope you could stay by your lake. Your DW may be stressed out and I know I would be....but choose the daughter over a great guy like you...never. What a shame and I hope to read that you have made up, or at least found a great new apartment next to a very lovely single lady, lol.
NOOOOOO! No single ladies, lovely or otherwise. I'm done. Even my old college sweetheart (relatively newly single) won't have me nor I her.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
NOOOOOO! No single ladies, lovely or otherwise. I'm done. Even my old college sweetheart (relatively newly single) won't have me nor I her.
Never say never.

How are the kids?

Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
She probably is doing you a big favor, this dysfunctional family issues will continue.....forever.

From the beginning I doubted that this entire situation wouldn't have a happy ending...however, divorce? Hmmm, that was a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement