Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,280,851 times

Advertisements

Wow! What a difference a coat of paint makes. Pretty color, too. Can't wait to find out how everything goes.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM

205 posts, read 397,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Karcon - I typed out another long response to your sad post an the -blink - gone. I don't get it - what happens.

So, this time I will just say that you did a great job wit your fur-pal. We all care for these pets, warts and all. I have no doubt that from what you said that you did the right thing for her.

Do you believe in the Rainbow Bridge? I sure do - I'm countin on it.
Dear MN2CO; That happens to me too .

The Rainbow Bridge is wonderful. It was a great support for me when I lost my China cat nine years ago - he was 20 years. He really was a member of the family. We used to call him "the older, distinquished Oriental gentleman" - he was Siamese (as was Sascha). It was literally like loosing a child. Am taking Koviack, my remaining catperson, to the vet tomorrow. He needs an annual check up and his shots updated. He's 18 years, in really good shape. I just want to make sure I don't have go through this again for at least a few more years. Poor thing, he's staying close to me. First time in his life he has been the only non human in the house. I think he feels kind of lost.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Thanks for the compliments -- yes, it is very cheery now -- too bad I didn't do this sooner -- like when I'm going to live there!

Let's keep our fingers, toes, and tongue/ears?? crossed for Dancingearth! Here's to hoping that Management comes to their senses.
Wow, Wisteria, what an amazing job. Two thumbs up !! I'm impressed with your courage to take on a such a big project.

DE; I'm keeping my fingers/toes, etc. crossed too. Sending good vibes across the wires or airwaves, whatever!

And thanks to everyone for just being there. Helps me to know I did the right thing.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Dear MN2CO; That happens to me too .

The Rainbow Bridge is wonderful. It was a great support for me when I lost my China cat nine years ago - he was 20 years. He really was a member of the family. We used to call him "the older, distinquished Oriental gentleman" - he was Siamese (as was Sascha). It was literally like loosing a child. Am taking Koviack, my remaining catperson, to the vet tomorrow. He needs an annual check up and his shots updated. He's 18 years, in really good shape. I just want to make sure I don't have go through this again for at least a few more years. Poor thing, he's staying close to me. First time in his life he has been the only non human in the house. I think he feels kind of lost.
The remaining animals grieve as well - it breaks my heart to watch them. I volunteered at a no-kill animal shelter for a couple years where I was foster "mom" and took them into my home to care for them. Many times - most of the time - I received dogs that their owners didn't want or coudn't take care of anymore. These poor little ones went through a grieving period - you could see it in their eyes. I finally had to stop because by the time I would find them a new home, they had adapted to this home and now once again, they would have to go through it again. I just felt awful.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Thanks for the compliments -- yes, it is very cheery now -- too bad I didn't do this sooner -- like when I'm going to live there!

Watch what you say, Dancingearth!! As you can already see, when I put my mind to something and say I am going to do it --- I do it!! So, you may be dragging me around Santa Fe faster than you can say Santa Claus!

And...I DO hope you can keep your house. Oh, my gosh, are you serious that you may have to leave it?? We are having 20% cuts here this next fiscal year, but, fortunately, it is usually by seniority (I have almost 11 years in). Phew. It's scary out there.

Now, I hear that the economy may be picking up next year -- but what about the housing market??? I would guess the housing market will still have to shake itself out due to the upcoming defaults with more ARMS resetting -- but I'm not sure....any guesses, anyone?? Insider information???

Keep that invitation open for Santa Fe! I'm feeling relieved already just knowing I am going to be free of this mortgage and the "ugly" history of how I got this place....which I won't go into because we'll all be crying then...

Let's keep our fingers, toes, and tongue/ears?? crossed for Dancingearth! Here's to hoping that Management comes to their senses.
Thanks! Yes, get rid of it and find the place you pick! The invitation is there when you want it. You might even enjoy some of the simple odd things I've found interesting such as a family shrine off of Alameda. I haven't been back since I moved away but I assume it's still there. I need to walk up there and check one of these lunch hours. Or the swing in the garden off of Canyon Road. When I go there at lunch I could just hang out there all day long. It has pillows and those springs that make the swing feel soooo comfortable. I use to take a book and watch the tourists look in over the white picket fence. Occasionally one would wander in having found out it was a public place. Dang.

Keep us updated on how the sale goes. I always found it better not to be home when they bring people through. People make the strangest comments which can be amusing for a little while and then just irritating.

My sister painted her place for a year, sold it, and is now in a new home. Paint away this weekend--this too will pass.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:52 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
This thread has been so quiet this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good one!

Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,720 times
Everyone else must have spring fever. I was hoping to get out and work on the plant pots this weekend but it turned cold and very rainy. It's supposed to go down below freezing tonight so I can't put the tender plants out yet. I've got a Night Blooming Jasmine that has gotten huge and I'd really like to get it out of the living room.
Can't complain about the rain, though. It means more good stuff at the farmers' markets this summer. After the drought we had a couple of years ago, it's good to see wet weather.
So I'm inside working on a newsletter I should have finished last week and making a lemon meringue pie. Haven't made one of those in ages. That used to be my task every Friday when I got old enough, make a lemon meringue pie for my father. Back in those days we always had fish on Friday -- usually went out for it -- and my dad had to have a lemon meringue pie for desert.
Got a big bag of lemons on sale at Target so it's cheap eats.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM

384 posts, read 990,317 times
Spring fever? Good grief this forum is quite the reality check for me! It is still snowing here! Amazing that people live in a truly differnent environment. Jaw dropping, in fact.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
snowing here today also...still... (previous 20 yrs, last snow was mid Feb)
woodstove and a good book = a nice weekend

At least I'm not in Fargo, That is BAD

Old 03-30-2009, 05:57 AM

Yes, it has been quiet this weekend. Hope all is well. I worked Saturday at my little part-time job. Yesterday my daughter flew in and had a layover last night so we got to spend the day together before I took her back to the crew hotel last night. We hung out at home and then went out to an early dinner - able to sit outside, weather lovely - about 80, sunny blue skies (after a very rainy morning), no humidity. This is the time of year that living in Florida is so worth it - but then summer comes, high temp and humid, and hurricane season (not good). Hope everyone has a great week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement