Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 11:45 AM

205 posts, read 397,305 times

Advertisements

I mean I'll have wine - not that I will "wine!"

Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Wel, you can whine for some wine

Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Wel, you can whine for some wine
I'll drink to that!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLife09 View Post
When I get back I will let you know my impressions and whether or not Greenville SC will be my new how. Any other 50ish woman want to join me? Maybe we could split expenses while looking around.
Welcome BetterLife! Ya know I'd go with you if I were closer, but I'm wandering out west. Sorry, but let us know about your experiences there!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Anomoly, are you meeting up with Dancingearth along the way? I thought you guys were going camping???
I missed her in Silver City, but will see her soon (sooner than planned) in Santa Fe.

Which parts of Colorado do you want to check out? Have you been there before? Boulder is gorgeous and part of my heart is still there..... Are you going to Colorado Springs and Garden of the Gods?? Let me and MN2CO know, as we have both been there and considered (considering - MN2CO) living there. Colorado is a beautiful state!
Oh, SW Colorado, probably Durango, Pagosa Springs, even Grand Junction.
Can't wait to read your blog and your thoughts about these places. Hope you get to meet up with Dancingearth, and maybe HighDesertMutz.
I should call HighDesertMutz before I leave the area, but might not have time. I feel like I need to leave this area soon.

Good luck and have fun!
I just have an overwhelming need to get out of this TrC area, too depressing, too much past here for me. We'll see where it takes me. I'd like to spend some real time around DancingEarth.

Here's a NM sunset with my motorhome to the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Men and Women retiring alone to a new city/state -- where will you go and why?-100_0102.jpg  

Old 06-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
I'll wine with you, Karcon! I just finished a Vodka with fresh grapefruit juice!
I had fresh caught catfish for lunch! (Ok, so someone else caught it, cleaned it, and prepared it,--lucky me!)

Old 06-09-2009, 04:28 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,113 times
Anomoly -- beautiful sunset! I guess it's true what they say about those New Mexican sunsets -- that they are the best!

I'm glad you're going to see Dancingearth! She is the proverbial hostess with the mostess!

Have a good trip, and glad you're keeping us posted!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
NEG, how is your house selling going? I've only gotten three nibbles -- that's it. Looks like no one is buying. I'm dreading being here another winter alone....

I have two huge "For Sale" signs outside my house, a box with flyers in it, arrows pointing down to the other parts of the property, the MLS, Craig's List, post cards that have gone out, a feature in a small local paper, and the newspaper -- nada.

Just wondering how you're doing with yours??
What you need to do is give your house some allure. That is make it connected with some famous movie star, politician or even a crime. You could put it out that the house was a trysting place for famous or infamous people. You could put a sign out saying:

PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY SLEPT HERE

Who would dare question that--he slept many places, with many.

Maybe you can get some former famous or famous movie or has been TV star to hang out at your place. It would better if they created a commotion, like getting drunk, arrested or if they decide to hang themselves--that would work--your place would be as good as any other.

You can advertise your house for a movie or TV location--it would work good for a murder thriller.

You could claim that your house was the site where they took the UFO abducted and transferred them to their mother ship. Set a little laboratory.....You may get some rich nut job to buy it.

You can also make it known that your little abode is a special channeling locations for the departed...and that you property has special crystals formations...

A little marketing goes a long way.... be creative. What that means is Lie with a little Panache. After all you live in California--that is accepted behavior.

Livecontent

Old 06-09-2009, 04:52 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,113 times
Quote:
A little marketing goes a long way.... be creative. What that means is Lie with a little Panache. After all you live in California--that is accepted behavior.

Livecontent
Hahahaha! I discovered that you have to "disclose" if anyone died on the property! Apparently, people are afraid of that -- something I did not know until recently! So, nobody can die there!

Although I don't really know him, Bob Dylan IS my second cousin through marriage (my dad's sister -- my aunt -- married Bob's mother's brother -- his uncle)!

And....we did have seances (no, really) at the house, too! (It IS California!! ) But for some reason, I think that might scare some people away!

Someone who came through wanted to know if there were deer around -- I didn't know what to answer -- did they WANT deer, or did they NOT want deer?? I kind of hedged and hawed, but discovered that they WANTED to see deer! Well, we've got plenty of 'em here! Even have to construct deer fences around vegetable gardens, so they don't eat up everything!

And in the past, Janis Joplin played at the park nearby! And as a kid, Jerry Garcia's family had a summer home up here! But that doesn't mean a whole lot to the young lookers....

I'm trying. I fluctuate between being discouraged and hoping someone will see the allure of this place. Hey, Livecontent, want to buy a nice place in California!!??? Haha, no, I know you don't. But maybe I could rename the homestead to "Livecontent!"

Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:27 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I'll drink to that!
Tesaje - I see you're screwin off at work!! Ha-Just kidding - must be fun to let go bit by bit.

I saw our pics of your garden/yard - looks great - lots of work though, I bet. It keeps you in shape
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement