Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times

Advertisements

Lenora, TY and interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Oh, they are closer. You just won't read anything of substance until after the election.
https://investments.voya.com/idc/gro...ent/107822.pdf
Ah thank you for that. So January 2015 for their Lifetime Income project release.
And Uncle Sam puts another notch in his belt.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Yes and making them more accountable in representing their clients best interest. To accomplish that government would take on a bigger regulatory role. When government increases regulations it is creating a bigger role in our lives.
So it's better that they do not have to put their client's interests ahead of their own? Just take advantage of their financially illiterate clients in order to make a buck for themselves?

I am all for small government, but in some areas, regulation is sorely needed.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So it's better that they do not have to put their client's interests ahead of their own? Just take advantage of their financially illiterate clients in order to make a buck for themselves?

I am all for small government, but in some areas, regulation is sorely needed.
Whoa, not where I am or was going. Just that it was government intervention. I am a strong advocate of protection for purchasers of financial products. Unfortunately as always the possibility of unintended consequences exists along with industry lobbying. Lots of possible issues especially in the 403b industry.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Eh. You're so unaware of what people a lot of the posters in thread are trying to telling you, and when you disagree with them you attack them personally and spin their words from the top of your high horse, that's it like talking with a tree.
Says the tree. If the only people in the thread you consider are those who are part of your echo chamber, Wolfpacker, then you'll end up with the ridiculously tunnel vision you're exhibiting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Which is going to be financially unsustainable
Stop making excuses or state your true intention for those people who don't fall within the confines of your presumption about what is and is not sustainable. Stop pussyfooting around it - please do make crystal clear what your view of the world holds for those folks you don't care about.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:20 AM

106,693 posts, read 108,880,922 times
i will make it crystal clear i worry about myself and family first and i have some concern for those who failed but not my problem or my worry.

if they fell it isn't my responsibility to pick them up other than what the gov't gives them through my tax dollars.

to be honest there is nothing i can do so if i devote 5 minutes to thinking about them it may be 5 minutes of wasted time i could use to improving my own life...

in fact discussing this has already wasted most of the time of those here with no improvement in any situation..

Old 09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
bUU

And we're back to the generalized callous disregard for others that is the main barrier to a substantive solution to the problem identified in the article cited in the OP.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:25 AM

106,693 posts, read 108,880,922 times
yep , you can call it what you want but charity begins at home.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 AM
bUU

A statement that demonstrates the denial aspect of much of public perception of the issue, that perpetuates the problem itself. Pity rationalizations may help insulate one's sensibilities from acknowledging problems but does nothing to solve them - worse - such intentional callousness is a substantial barrier to addressing significant problems such as that cited in article.

Many people care about cancer only when someone they care about it contracts it. Many people care about pollution only after it affects their ground water. Many people care about muggings only after they've been mugged. It's a distinctly barbaric approach to society's problems, only worrying about them if they're going to affect one's self.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:35 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
What are you doing about it bUU, other than blathering on here and who knows where else?
Asked before, never answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement