Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 AM

8 posts, read 3,966 times

Advertisements

We've had our Roomba for a couple of months already and I like how it cleans under the furnitures as it's usually difficult to reach when sweeping. It's where dirt usually settles. I find it noisy though. You should check it further yourself and see if it might be a good option for you or not. What I'm not very much pleased about is when we have to free the floors first, with all the cables or else, it'll end up eating those wires and gets stuck eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 06:56 AM

62 posts, read 39,175 times
I have had Roombas for over 11 years, bought the last one about 8 years ago. I loved the Roomba because it picked up the dog hair, and I became a pro at taking it apart, clearing all the dog hair which gets into the guts of the Roomba .

FF to 2019, Amazon had a daily deal for a robotic vacuum called Eufy, promising it is slimmer and quieter than the Roomba. I took a chance and bought it as the batteries in the Roombas do not last as long as it did and with all the new technology out there, I thought why not.

The Eufy is the bomb, so much quieter and slimmer than the Roomba . Does an amazing job of cleaning and is much cheaper than the Roomba, paid $149 for the model I bought. It even has a remote control and has all the features of the Rroomba, will not fall down stairs etc, at a much cheaper price. DH scheduled it to go off every morning at 9 AM, and it works like a charm. It does get stuck under the couch occasionally, and will beep to let you know it is stuck.

For those that are new to robotic vacuums, try the Eufy

Old 07-22-2019, 07:06 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,986,789 times
We have a large dog with long hair, and I think he sheds a whole new coat every week. We bought a Dyson V8 Absolute cordless-bag less stick vacuum several years ago. It is by far our favorite of all the many vacuum cleaners we ever bought. It has heads for both hardwoods and carpet. The Roomba just sits in the closet now.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:49 AM

31,698 posts, read 41,169,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
It seems like a good idea to use Roomba, or Shark, or other robots, as cleaning becomes more difficult with ageing...
Did anybody try them? How good are they?
We had a Roomba a number of years ago. In fact ended up with two, one up and one down. They worked but they chewed up the edges of some carpets and would at times have trouble finding their base. We ended up with all hard floors up and down except for two bedrooms and my wife found it to be great exercise using a Swiffer or smilar and vacuum either canister or Dyson. She likes the exercise and often sweeps the floors daily.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:45 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,986,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We had a Roomba a number of years ago. In fact ended up with two, one up and one down. They worked but they chewed up the edges of some carpets and would at times have trouble finding their base. We ended up with all hard floors up and down except for two bedrooms and my wife found it to be great exercise using a Swiffer or smilar and vacuum either canister or Dyson. She likes the exercise and often sweeps the floors daily.
We use a X-wide Swiffer too everyday on the bare floors just to hit the high spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement