Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 11:05 PM

4,405 posts, read 3,197,140 times

Advertisements

Correction: The Westminster bus stop is on Empire, not Weybossett. Don't know why I typed Weybossett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 07:55 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Correction: The Westminster bus stop is on Empire, not Weybossett. Don't know why I typed Weybossett.

Probably because you have no idea what you're talking about, and also probably because you're trying to confuse readers by attempting to take the focus away from Black Sheep (you admitted you're friends with the owner).

From the Channel 10 article: "An officer assisted a man with an apparent knife wound to the cheek outside of Black Sheep on Westminster Street just after 11 p.m."

Old 04-20-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Probably because you have no idea what you're talking about, and also probably because you're trying to confuse readers by attempting to take the focus away from Black Sheep (you admitted you're friends with the owner).

From the Channel 10 article: "An officer assisted a man with an apparent knife wound to the cheek outside of Black Sheep on Westminster Street just after 11 p.m."
And Channel 6 said: "A 53-year-old man was stabbed and slashed in the face at a bus stop in Providence late Wednesday night.

Providence police said the man was stabbed just after 11 p.m. at the bus stop in front of the Black Sheep on Westminster Street.

The assault didn’t happen inside or stemmed from an incident at the bar, police said."

But there is no bus stop on Westminster. It's on Empire, and labeled Westminster.

Also, I didn't say friends before you start building this up into something it's not (much like your other suppositions). I know him.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:16 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
The assault didn’t happen inside or stemmed from an incident at the bar, police said."

The same exact thing could be said about the Dark Lady incident. Your point? That doesn't rule out homophobia.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
It's rather impossible to go out downtown and not be "outside of the black sheep" at one point and time (FYI for most people on this thread that aren't familiar with the city). It's on a major corner with popular businesses on both streets. Just more krime kinkster perversion. Nothing I've seen or read on this tie the issue to the Black Sheep at all.

And even if it was, and? Sometimes people get into a beef with someone and something happens between the people later after they've left (again, no indication the person was even there). It would be pretty dumb to blame a business for what some people do outside of the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Contrary to your belief that they are now just mainstream entertainment, drag acts have long been associated with gay men and only gay men.
Contrary to your belief that this is true, it is very much not. Drag Queen acts are associated with that community, Drag King acts (which a popular in Providence and many other cities, and have been for many years... and been around for well over a century) are not. YOU may only associate drag acts with gay men, but people that participate in them and go to them, such as the Drag King show at Askew (also not a gay bar) a couple of months ago, know better. That audience was some 90% women, so, I'm guessing they weren't gay men. Neither were the performers.

Last edited by timberline742; 04-21-2022 at 08:51 PM..

Old 04-22-2022, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The same exact thing could be said about the Dark Lady incident. Your point? That doesn't rule out homophobia.
No, that was different. The victim was leaving the Dark Lady - a gay bar - and homophobic slurs were used by the assaulter. None of that applies here

Old 04-22-2022, 05:26 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,672,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's rather impossible to go out downtown and not be "outside of the black sheep" at one point and time (FYI for most people on this thread that aren't familiar with the city). It's on a major corner with popular businesses on both streets. Just more krime kinkster perversion. Nothing I've seen or read on this tie the issue to the Black Sheep at all.

And even if it was, and? Sometimes people get into a beef with someone and something happens between the people later after they've left (again, no indication the person was even there). It would be pretty dumb to blame a business for what some people do outside of the business.

Contrary to your belief that this is true, it is very much not. Drag Queen acts are associated with that community, Drag King acts (which a popular in Providence and many other cities, and have been for many years... and been around for well over a century) are not. YOU may only associate drag acts with gay men, but people that participate in them and go to them, such as the Drag King show at Askew (also not a gay bar) a couple of months ago, know better. That audience was some 90% women, so, I'm guessing they weren't gay men. Neither were the performers.
But the conversation was about Drag Queen acts, not Drag King acts Mr. "I need to be right at ALL costs." And clearly Drag Queen acts could connect a any establishment to the gay community in the eyes of a deluded hater, regardless of whether the establishment caters to a primarily non-gay customer base. You could also try to insinuate that because I said "drag" implies that I was referring to drag racing, but anyone with a few brain cells would know that's not the case. As such bringing Drag Kings into it is really just you being a contentious gnat.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
But the conversation was about Drag Queen acts, not Drag King acts Mr. "I need to be right at ALL costs." And clearly Drag Queen acts could connect a any establishment to the gay community in the eyes of a deluded hater, regardless of whether the establishment caters to a primarily non-gay customer base. You could also try to insinuate that because I said "drag" implies that I was referring to drag racing, but anyone with a few brain cells would know that's not the case. As such bringing Drag Kings into it is really just you being a contentious gnat.
Nope. I was correcting an error, as you said "drag acts". I suspect that you meant exactly what you said, and didn't even know drag kings were a thing at all. (I also don't agree that drag queen acts have ONLY been associated with gay men, but that's another debate. SOME PEOPLE may associate them with that, MOST PEOPLE even, but most people are morons.)

And as far as being a contentious gnat, that's only you and the krime kinkster here. Trying to tie this to the Dark Sheep, despite their being no known link to it, at all.

Just more wreckless and irresponsible statement to stir the muck, a hallmark of the far right.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:59 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,672,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope. I was correcting an error, as you said "drag acts". I suspect that you meant exactly what you said, and didn't even know drag kings were a thing at all.

And as far as being a contentious gnat, that's only you and the krime kinkster here. Trying to tie this to the Dark Sheep, despite their being no known link to it, at all.

Just more wreckless and irresponsible statement to stir the muck, a hallmark of the far right.
You can "suspect" all you want but as usual you have not even a circumstantial case as a basis. The topic was drag queen acts at a bar in Providence that hosts them. Drag queens are generally men. Drag kings are generally women. The alleged victim of the attack is a man. The attack was mentioned as being near a bar that hosts drag queen acts which have a long and storied history to gay men. I have no reason to "tie" anything to any place, and as I've already indicated, I've never been there. In fact if you look at my earlier comment it read "let's hope not." And when you know enough about either me or "the far right" to use that term, please come back. Reality is you don't. "Far right" is just a term you "recklessly" apply to anyone with an opinion different than yours. One can only "suspect" why. Oh, and you can try to erase the history of drag queens and the association to gay men but that's a futile effort on your part.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 04-22-2022 at 06:30 AM..

Old 04-22-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
But the conversation was about Drag Queen acts, not Drag King acts Mr. "I need to be right at ALL costs." .
Actually the conversation was about a stabbing. At a bus stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island