Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,314,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Now that is what I'm talking about! If its opening this fall, I can make it there. I won't be leaving until May/June timeframe. Richmondpics, you are one full of knowledge.
Plus, they'll even offer free designated drivers on Saturday nights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 02:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
I've heard (but haven't tried) a place called Pizza Express near regency mall is supposed to have surprisingly good pizza. It's mostly a takeout place, but like I said, I've heard the pizza is supposed to be really good. Try it out and let us know!
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot...after all, I've never been known to pass up the opportunity to try a new pizza.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I love 3 Monkeys in the fan. They have the best Jambalaya I've ever had. I think we're heading back real soon to have it again!

Old 09-01-2007, 02:25 PM

If you want to try something totally different, check out Papa Ningo at Franklin and 17th st in Shockoe Bottom... really good Dominican food. And I highly recommend getting the fried plantains for an appetizer! Yum!

If you like good soup, on a cold winter day, head over to Zuppa's at 18th and Franklin in the Bottom. Realllllly good.

Tonight we're heading down to Tarrant's at Broad and Foushee. Soooo goooood.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:27 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,795,630 times
That would be neat if this forum had a "Richmond Club" for the local posters to meet up once a month and wax poetic aboot what it means to be a Richmonder.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
If you want to try something totally different, check out Papa Ningo at Franklin and 17th st in Shockoe Bottom... really good Dominican food. And I highly recommend getting the fried plantains for an appetizer! Yum!

If you like good soup, on a cold winter day, head over to Zuppa's at 18th and Franklin in the Bottom. Realllllly good.

Tonight we're heading down to Tarrant's at Broad and Foushee. Soooo goooood.
Ah good soup. My wife will be happy...I've heard good things about Zuppa's. We just ate at Sine (Irish pub in the Slip) as well and they had fantastic quesadillas!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Hahaha quesadillas at an Irish "pub" is like fish and chips or bangers and mash at a Mexican restaurant! Glad they were good though! If we go out for the night in the Slip, we'll usually end up at Sine later on for shots/beers. I love me some Smithwick's.

At Tarrant's I had a half rack of ribs and lump crab cake with organic rice and fresh veggies...talk about heavenly! Washed that baby down with some Bass Ale and finished it off with one of the best brownie fudge sundaes around. MMMMM

Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,795,630 times
I really like: THE HILL CAFE
Yes, its great.

And Strawberry St Cafe is the quentessential fan restaurant.

So many good places to eat here. I avoid chains like the plaugue.
Although I sometimes eat at Ham's.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Hahaha quesadillas at an Irish "pub" is like fish and chips or bangers and mash at a Mexican restaurant! Glad they were good though!
Haha, maybe that's why they were so good...I just didn't expect good mexican food at an Irish pub. They put refried beans and black beans on with the chicken and Irish cheese, fresh salsa and sour cream! I should have seen if they had a nice Corona to go with it.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:15 AM

19 posts, read 73,553 times
I would say arguably the best music scene of any town of comparable size in the country. The tidewater area tends to get more bands coming through because there are so many cities in that one area, and they have more large venues (although now that we have Toad's Place that could change), but in terms of homegrown bands, Richmond has a great number for its size.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:05 PM

And with the National Theater (a joint venture between the Norva folks and the Innsbrook Afterhours folks) opening in early 08, that scene will only improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond