Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:15 PM

457 posts, read 695,146 times

Advertisements

No problem. I'd recommend coming in spring so you can really appreciate the beauty of Richmond, and get down and enjoy the river. The winter makes things looks so dreary. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 AM

65 posts, read 115,842 times
if things are starting to pick up. do you ever seeing it surpass raleigh,Norfolk or any other rival city, in population, sports, anything? if it is on the rise what things do you expect to change in richmond?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 PM

457 posts, read 695,146 times
That I'm not sure. I don't know how the two cities compare. It's hard to speculate on what to expect to change in Richmond. There's a lot of historical significance here, and a lot of people don't want to change that. I definitely expect the population to steadily grow, and bring in more businesses, companies, etc.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 938 times
If you want to learn more about things to do in Richmond for you and your kids, you should check out [url=http://www.PlanBot.com]Planbot[/url]. They have an easy to use website that allows you to find events and things to do effortlessly Richmond has a ton of festivals and PlanBot can help you always know when they are!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:01 PM

387 posts, read 989,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASHAYAHU View Post
very glad that Richmond seems to be on the rise, when i lived in Norfolk in enjoyed it, also portsmouth, and new port news, hampton, very good cites but i though va beach was over rated and really didn't like it.. Would you say Richmond is has more to offer than Norfolk? i liked going to sports bars, comedy clubs, and parks the family loves to walk in the park, now that i have two young kids comedy clubs and sports bars are kinda hard to get to but still enjoy them, so fairs and festivals are a must.. would u say its faster pace than Norlfok? whats the difference are they the same place? have they ever thought bout adding a sports teams?
I think Richmond offers a different atmosphere than Norfolk. Richmond has more of a hipster/artsy feel, overall, and I notice more people walking and biking in Richmond than in Norfolk. I would consider the tidewater area to be faster paced than Richmond. Consequently, traffic is much worse in the Norfolk/Va Beach area. I believe Richmond used to host the ABA Virginia Squires along with Norfolk in the 70's. I know the Richmond Braves were popular and people now attend the Richmond Squirrels games. It seems like people in Richmond take more pride in the Squirrels than people in Norfolk due with the minor league Tides.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 PM

689 posts, read 1,618,831 times
I think Richmond is more dynamic than Norfolk, and it's a very different city than it was 10 years ago. A lot is going on here, and it's got great food options now -- to answer one of your earlier questions. A huge range of ethnic options (we had Balkan food a few weeks ago!) and wonderful southern food, bars and breweries. The population seems to be getting more diverse, so there's more to appeal to a broader range of families.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:44 AM

65 posts, read 115,842 times
thanks for all the information it has been very informative, I do agree Norfolk VA Beach area traffic is horrible I hated crossing the bridges every day. I can wait to get there seems like I have made a good decision on choosing the RVA area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond