Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,778,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvajeep View Post
Windsor farms?? You are a joke. Windsor farms is several blocks of mansion estates owned by Virginias richest residents..like names like Schwartzchild, Wilton..A working person will never step foot in Windsor Farms. If you have a few million dollars, then, yes...you can find a safe, nice, Richmond neighborhood. . The city and surrounding areas are black majority...thugs, drugs, fighting, rap music blasting out of pimped out cars, pit bulls, stores are always dirty, people in slippers, hair curlers. Richmond I'd the 16 the largest city set up to take immigrants from the middle east. Richmond City Henrico Chesterfield County apartment owners have all made contract deals with the US government to take in these refugees and let them live for free in those apartments alongside working people who are paying upwards of $1,000 a month to live there. Your neighbors will be Muslims living for free ..white people are def the minority here, and you will feel out of place. I would seriously advise a single white female not to come to Richmond. And is if the immigrants and the black majority population isn't enough Richmond was voted as being one of the last places singles will find love. Hey, here's a thought.. black majority ghetto with a huge immigrant population = bad
This is pretty much complete nonsense as a bit of basic googling will show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 04:27 PM

485 posts, read 690,507 times
I would not listen to anything RVAJeep says as he seems to know absolutely nothing about the area.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:38 PM

73 posts, read 79,992 times
Not U Of Richmond, But VCU area is questionable.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:06 AM

1,023 posts, read 914,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentmissing View Post
"VCU area" spans maybe 4 or 5 neighborhoods. What do you mean by VCU is questionable? Do you mean the fan, one of the most sought out neighborhoods in Virginia where you can purchase a half million - million dollar home? That type of thinking is what slows Richmond down and people don't even realize it. People in the sounding counties that know nothing about the city of Richmond looking down their noses at it. You all want it both ways. You want city amenities but you don't want what comes with being in a city...people, real life people. You want to visit squirrels games as long as they are held a few miles from the county line...but God forbid you have to drive into downtown AND PARK YOUR CAR THERE. You guys out in the county don't even realize that the city could be everything that you say it is not if it wasn't completely abandoned by people living on all four sides of it. /rant

Last edited by mpier015; 02-07-2018 at 06:54 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 09:07 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,778,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentmissing View Post
That's utter nonsense. Complete BS.

I'm writing this from that area. Houses nearby sell for over a million. You can check zillow. It's the hottest area in Richmond, you've clearly got absolutely no clue

Old 02-26-2018, 04:21 PM

72 posts, read 40,705 times
We are moving to Richmond's The Fan neighborhood March 8th to retire. 58 years in Northern Va is enough. I knew Richmond in the 80's, 90's... and now. Now is 180 from those early times. Are there still areas that you need to watch what you're doing? Yes, but every city has that. I want to live in a vibrant but not big city. I want to walk/ride a bicycle to everything, and there is a lot going on in Richmond. I want to live close to people and actually talk to and know them. Those afraid of real people and living among them wouldn't do well in any urban environment not just Richmond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond