Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 AM

1,250 posts, read 4,788,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer15 View Post
Chipotle, JCREW and Chipotle

As a downtown resident I would love to see both of these end up downtown. The space at Trio just opened up which is large enough to hold both of these establishments. I think its hiliarious that the city is trying so hard to market Roanoke's "Downtown Shopping District" with the 3 stores that it consists of... Put a JCREW at the old Trio location and watch the people flock downtown. Too bad it won't happen...

This sparks another thought I had. Make Market Street a pedestrian mall like in Charlottesville. This would expand restaurant's ability to provide outdoor dining and a great atmosphere. Just a thought...

Boomer
I'm not sure if they would ever completely buy into the idea of converting it into a pedestrian mall but an idea the city could/should look into is closing it off to all vehicular traffic during weekends. Maybe even closing Campbell between Jefferson and Williamson. Those weekend-only pedestrian malls seem to be a hit in quite a few cities and would still allow the roads to be used during the work-week as necessary...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 12:10 PM

120 posts, read 316,820 times
I would love to see an outlet mall between Blacksburg and Roanoke. Between the two cities, there is plenty of people, money and need to support the outlets.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:34 PM

6 posts, read 15,191 times
I love the outdoor mall in Charlottesville! It would be so nice to have something downtown to go to ... there is just the Quincy Market wannabe and art museum.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:17 PM

506 posts, read 1,403,327 times
According to the all mighty internet the Lynchburg Gap store is located at 225 Simons Run (off Timberlake Rd)????
Can anyone confirm?

Old 07-22-2009, 03:27 PM

895 posts, read 2,097,702 times
My guess is that is the same address as Old Navy. As it is owned by The Gap, the phonebook might have their listing slightly screwed up. 'd bet that gap would do well there; according to a friend who was in management, the store was profitable until it doubled in square footage and added the Gap Kids store. It lost money for several years, and ironically, had recovered and turned a profit over it's last year in existence. Gap was one of the few stores in the mall that an over 30 person could buy clothes that were stylish, yet didn't make you look like you were in a mid-life crisis!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM

1,570 posts, read 4,621,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
For dining I'd like to see a Five Guys, Qdoba, Chipotle, Cold Stone
There is a five guys in Salem which isnt too far.. its worth the drive for me to get those fries!!! and as someone already mentioned, cold stone is located beside IHOP at VV

Old 07-24-2009, 05:49 PM

104 posts, read 303,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jonas View Post
According to the all mighty internet the Lynchburg Gap store is located at 225 Simons Run (off Timberlake Rd)????
Can anyone confirm?
Like I said earlier, I've heard rumors that Gap was supposed to relocate from RR to a new shopping strip near where Kohls is. That was over a year ago so perhaps with the slow economy plans may have changed. Regal was also origonally going to constuct the thier new theatre there as well, rather than the mall.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM

29 posts, read 83,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer15 View Post
Chipotle, JCREW and Chipotle

As a downtown resident I would love to see both of these end up downtown. The space at Trio just opened up which is large enough to hold both of these establishments. I think its hiliarious that the city is trying so hard to market Roanoke's "Downtown Shopping District" with the 3 stores that it consists of... Put a JCREW at the old Trio location and watch the people flock downtown. Too bad it won't happen...

This sparks another thought I had. Make Market Street a pedestrian mall like in Charlottesville. This would expand restaurant's ability to provide outdoor dining and a great atmosphere. Just a thought...

Boomer
Not exactly the same, but check out Baja Bistro in Salem if you haven't. I actually prefer it to Chipotle.

They are planning on opening on at Towers Mall in the coming months too.

As for what I'd like to see... Whole Foods. We need a good grocery store that carries something besides run-of-the-mill stuff. Fresh Market is just an overpriced Kroger, and Ukrops isn't much better.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 PM

696 posts, read 1,430,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadTrent View Post
Not exactly the same, but check out Baja Bistro in Salem if you haven't. I actually prefer it to Chipotle.

They are planning on opening on at Towers Mall in the coming months too.
I like Baja Bistro too. I'll look forward to their coming to Towers since I live & work nearby.

The best though is Alejandro's downtown. Fresh ingredients, tons of different salsas, and ice-cold beer.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 AM

29 posts, read 83,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headnsouth View Post
I like Baja Bistro too. I'll look forward to their coming to Towers since I live & work nearby.

The best though is Alejandro's downtown. Fresh ingredients, tons of different salsas, and ice-cold beer.
I've been there and it wasn't bad, but being a vegan it was very difficult to convey to them what I do and don't eat, so I wasn't 100% sure what they gave me was what I really wanted to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area