Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 06:51 PM

11 posts, read 30,613 times

Advertisements

Hey - relocating from NC and possibly renting a house in Citrus Heights - Old Ranch Road area -- is this a safe, quite area? Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:32 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,166 times
What's a "quite" area? Some parts of Citrus Heights are quite quiet, and others are not quite as quiet. That area is a typical middle class neighborhood. I wouldn't worry about it not being "quite".

Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,297,381 times
Citrus Heights has some very bad areas and some excellent areas. I highly suggest you take the time to visit the areas of Citrus Heights you are interested in.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:22 PM

I quite appreciate your helpfulness on the quietness of the area . Sometimes those pesky keys on the keyboard just get in the wrong place........ whoops.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:08 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnafo View Post
I quite appreciate your helpfulness on the quietness of the area . Sometimes those pesky keys on the keyboard just get in the wrong place........ whoops.

No problem. To expound a little bit on my previous post, Citrus Heights is somewhat hit or miss. From my experience, many parts have gone downhill over the last few years. There are definitely worse places in the Sacramento area, but CH can be sketchy in parts. I think you'd be ok in the area you mentioned.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:22 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
Citrus heights is dirt. When the circut city closed it was covered in graffitti with in days. Schools range from crappy to lackluster and there is tons of property crime. Check out fair oaks or roseville. If you can't swing those go with orangevale.

Here is a city crime mapper for crime stats in the area
Online Crime Maps

Old 12-12-2011, 11:12 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times
I have a good friend who lives fairly close to the area the OP mentioned. They live near Greenback & Fair Oaks Blvd. The neighborhood is older, but with large lots. Overall, the neighorhood, just like elsewhere in the greater Sac region, has pockets of well kept homes surrounded by homes that are not well care for.

Overall, Citrus Heights does have a more 'run down' feeling to it. Funny though, a friend of mine, an insurance broker, claims that CH is more fiscally sound (less debt) than even Folsom. This seems preposterous to me, but this is what he says and I can't remember the details.

I wouldn't live in CH, but I know lots of people who do, and chose to live there because it is a bargain in comparison to Folsom.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 PM

4,621 posts, read 4,891,252 times
To agree with everyone else, CH has great parts and awful parts.
That particular part is a little weird. Some nice houses, with neighbors with cars on blocks on the front yard. I think the worst you have to worry about in that area are rednecks though.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,246,530 times
Carmichael and Fair Oaks have the American River running through it.
Citrus Heights has a freeway. What can I say?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 PM

so we are looking more into Fair Oaks at the moment actually - anyone know what the La Vista Center for Learning is as the house we are looking into is near that? And hey, I'm from Coastal NC where fried foods and redneck is the norm so I'll probably be pleasantly surprised at how NOT ya'll are out there truthfully from what my son says from his visits atleast. (oh and we don't have to worry about schools since both mine are graduated, I just wondered what that was)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento