Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,263,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post
99 is hot anyhow you cut it. Yeah it can be pleasant at sunset when the Delta Breeze shows up but in the middle of the day, especially during a heatwave this week, is down right filthy.
Absolutely hate it.
Several days of triple digits expected ahead. Yes, it's nice at 6 am (and I like dry heat in the day too), but it's easy to only pick and choose late night hours to compare to Seattle. It just rained a quarter inch in Seattle on Friday with a high of 71 while Sacramento was in the 90s and clear. These are in no way similar climates. Hey, I'm in interior San Diego, and only fifteen minutes from a city called Ramona. Ramona has the coolest nights around here year round, with morning lows in summer often below 60f, and some frost in winter. During the day, it's the hottest city in the region though, often in the 90s and even triple digits. But I'm sure I can compare it to Seattle at 6 am too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Several days of triple digits expected ahead. Yes, it's nice at 6 am (and I like dry heat in the day too), but it's easy to only pick and choose late night hours to compare to Seattle. It just rained a quarter inch in Seattle on Friday with a high of 71 while Sacramento was in the 90s and clear. These are in no way similar climates. Hey, I'm in interior San Diego, and only fifteen minutes from a city called Ramona. Ramona has the coolest nights around here year round, with morning lows in summer often below 60f, and some frost in winter. During the day, it's the hottest city in the region though, often in the 90s and even triple digits. But I'm sure I can compare it to Seattle at 6 am too...
Nobody is saying that Seattle and Sacramento have the same climate. Even the Bay Area and Seattle do not have the same climate. But what I am saying is the REAL FACT that for many hours during the day in the middle of the summer, on average the temperature is very comfortable.

On average Sacramento is in the 50's, 60's and very low 70's until noon, sometimes 2pm. That is a significant part of the day you can plan many many activities. A real viable option for cool and comfortable temperatures. Something that is not the norm, and almost never happens in the southern central valley, deserts regions, the southwest, and huge swaths of the south, east, and midwest.

There are no other major metros in the nation except for Denver and the Bay Area, that have such similar cool and comfortable A.M. temperatures than the Sacramento comparison with Seattle. That is a fact no mater how hard you true to ignore it.

When Sacramento sways from this cool and comfortable a.m. pattern and we begin our day anywhere near 70F and above we really notice it and complain. Many of us take it for granted that we have many hours of cool and comfortable and do not realize how much worse it could be and how much worse our A/C bills could be if we didn't have these significant COOL & COMFORTABLE TEMPS in the A.M. which includes 4-8 hours of daylight A.M. temps.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:25 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
That is certainly better that having the A/C run all night and most of the day in much of the rest of the USA.

Shall I count the 18 days or more this month when my A/C didn't come on at all.

No matter how hard you try to make Sacramento look bad or worse than it is there are always the facts and attributes that you chose to ignore, diminish, or downplay.

And you ignore that there are plenty of places in the USA where the weather is more uncomfortable, for longer periods, and with much worse inclement weather than Sacramento.

And of course you never acknowledge when Sacramento weather is quite pleasant which is by far more often than not.
That's a complete exaggeration to say "much of the rest of the USA" is running AC 24/7 all summer.

Either way that is still really late for CA. I guess Sac is that much hotter than even the inland East Bay.

yeah yeah yeah, Sac isn't Phoenix...we get it. Still hot as hell most of summer.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
"All of" Northern California? Try Clear Lake, Redding, Modesto, and other places without any coastal influence in summer. Redding is often much warmer at night than coastal SoCal.
Clearlake avg summer lows:
Jun: 51
Jul:55
Aug: 53

That's about 10-15 colder than coastal SoCal. The coldest temperature ever recorded in summer in San Diego is 54.

Warmest average low in Modesto is 63 in July. For Redding it's 66 in July. That's about the same or cooler than Coastal SoCal actually. Average low in August in SD is 67. Either way I was mainly referring to where the bulk of the population lives, which is the SF Bay Area and Sacramento.

I personally prefer not having 30-40 degree ranges between night and day, to each their own though.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:10 PM

12:10pm

Seattle 72
Sacramento 92

Old 07-24-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

I personally prefer not having 30-40 degree ranges between night and day, to each their own though.
I absolutely love the wide range, gives me more options even on a day with it may reach 100F plus.

3:30 pm, July 24

Austin feels like 109F
Vegas feels like 109F
Phoenix feels like 107F

Bay Area (Livermore) 100F
Sacramento 100F
Bay Area (Walnut Creek) 97F

Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 PM

6:10 pm

Sacramento 100
Austin 91 heat index 98
Seattle 79

Old 07-25-2016, 12:10 AM

Austin feels like temp 94F, after midnight, 1:00a.m. Austin is not having a heat wave, it's always this hot. Austin should be a lot cooler considering they are 2 hours ahead of Sacramento, but nope they are still almost 20 degrees hotter than Sac.

11:00pm July 24, 2016

Sacramento 75F

Fresno 86F, as usual, the southern San Joaquin Valley is over 10 degrees hotter than Sac.
Chico 87F, as usual, the northern part of the Sacto Valley is over 10 degrees hotter than Sac.

Phoenix 98F

San Francisco feels like wind chill temp 52F. SF does not have a summer, considering its been in the 50's all day long.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:13 PM

4:10 pm

Seattle 83

Concord 90
Sacramento 99

Old 07-25-2016, 06:49 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Clearlake avg summer lows:
Jun: 51
Jul:55
Aug: 53

That's about 10-15 colder than coastal SoCal. The coldest temperature ever recorded in summer in San Diego is 54.

Warmest average low in Modesto is 63 in July. For Redding it's 66 in July. That's about the same or cooler than Coastal SoCal actually. Average low in August in SD is 67. Either way I was mainly referring to where the bulk of the population lives, which is the SF Bay Area and Sacramento.

Yep; going from a cold 55 to a blazing 95 in a few hours is nothing to brag about. Those bone dry summers that we love to brag about so much are bringing on the wildfires and lowering the air quality.

Some humidity is actually better for the skin and the natural environment as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento