Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2023, 11:32 PM

6,913 posts, read 8,287,541 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_u-x7XTPo

Enjoy the White Water! South Fork American River.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 08:46 PM

Another absolutely gorgeous Day in Sacramento!

Early morning the day started in the Cool Mid to High 50's. Sunny.

It warmed up to perfect swimming pool levels. Sunny all day, high around 88-90F, very low humidity.

The Cool Delta Breeze started as early as 2-3pm, never felt too hot or uncomfortable.

Early Evening
7:15PM Sacramento 81F Sunny, strong Cool Delta Breezes.

Old 06-16-2023, 09:30 PM

8:15AM Evening, June 16

San Francisco 55F - Cloudy
Seattle 59F
San Diego 63F - Cloudy

Moab, UT 67F
Salt Lake City 68F

Portland 70F

Sacramento 77F - Sunny Its been near perfect in Sac for the last 30-60 days!
Davis 77F
Roseville 82F

Clovis 87F
Fresno 88F
Phoenix 93F

Old 06-17-2023, 11:02 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,269,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
8:15AM Evening, June 16

San Francisco 55F - Cloudy
Seattle 59F
San Diego 63F - Cloudy

Moab, UT 67F
Salt Lake City 68F

Portland 70F

Sacramento 77F - Sunny Its been near perfect in Sac for the last 30-60 days!
Davis 77F
Roseville 82F

Clovis 87F
Fresno 88F
Phoenix 93F
Well, we've been enjoying a lot more sunshine in our neck of the woods for the past 3 days. In fact, today is the first time we've woken up to Sunshine in I don't know how long, probably months. Coastal areas like La Jolla will be struggling to break 70 in the next couple of weeks, but we should be consistently in the mid 70s, which will be awesome. And with lots of sunshine comes solar heat on the pool, hopefully we'll be swimming soon.

Old 06-17-2023, 03:02 PM

242 posts, read 251,532 times
Honestly I think Sacramento weather is terrible, but I live in OC so maybe I can’t really comment on it. Haha

I was considering moving there from Denver, but every time I visited it was hot as balls.

I think Santa Barbara has the best weather in the US, for me anyway

Old 06-17-2023, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov View Post
Honestly I think Sacramento weather is terrible, but I live in OC so maybe I can’t really comment on it. Haha

I was considering moving there from Denver, but every time I visited it was hot as balls.

I think Santa Barbara has the best weather in the US, for me anyway
Cheers, I like Santa Barbara too and its weather, but not in the last 3 months. Sacramento does not have a May Gray, June Gloom period we just benefit from it without the fog, cloudy, grey or overcast conditions.

Coastal Cali has been either wet, gray, cold, overcast, foggy, or cloudy for the entire year including parts of Dec and Nov last year.

Sacramento has been glorious the last 2-3 months. Ya know our winters are very similar to OC except we get more rain, makes things greener longer, and it actually feels like a real winter at times in Sacramento, we are a classic Mediterranean Climate with wetter-cooler winters than SoCal. We don't need to import(steal) water from other places.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-17-2023 at 07:52 PM..

Old 06-18-2023, 06:45 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,269,294 times
Quote:
Cheers, I like Santa Barbara too and its weather, but not in the last 3 months. Sacramento does not have a May Gray, June Gloom period we just benefit from it without the fog, cloudy, grey or overcast conditions.

Coastal Cali has been either wet, gray, cold, overcast, foggy, or cloudy for the entire year including parts of Dec and Nov last year.

Sacramento has been glorious the last 2-3 months. Ya know our winters are very similar to OC except we get more rain, makes things greener longer, and it actually feels like a real winter at times in Sacramento, we are a classic Mediterranean Climate with wetter-cooler winters than SoCal. We don't need to import(steal) water from other places.
Uh oh, there you go with the "stealing" water argument, Chim. Buying water is not stealing. It makes sense to put more reservoirs where there is more snowmelt to replenish them, then transport the water a few hundred miles. Just like tomato farms in the Central Valley -- is everyone stealing the tomatoes if they don't grow their own? You have to think of water as an agricultural product like any other. Otherwise, pretty much the entire state except for Sacramento and Marin County are "stealing" water. San Francisco imports 90 percent of its water from Hetch Hetchy, 200 miles away, and has no water sources of its own. Santa Clara Valley imports more than half of its water from hundreds of miles away. It's just logical to do it this way.

Other than that, I agree with you. OC has had tons of overcast this season. But a lot of ppl prefer cool coastal weather yet round. We had perfect sunshine in inland SD yesterday, about 77f, then went to LA Jolla for dinner and hit a huge fog bank halfway there. Neverending gloom for the coast.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:50 AM

TS,
Reservoirs can and do destroy the natural habitat, riparian areas. Reservoirs destroy wildlife, and the environment. SoCal should use their own water that naturally occurs where you live, don't steal(buy, take) it from other environments where it naturally occurs. In SoCal's case take it from the ocean near where you live.

Regarding AG in the San Joaquin Valley, some of that AG needs better management and control. They have already destroyed the once beautiful San Joaquin River. Maybe the San Joaquin Valley and SoCal can steal the water away from the Pacific Northwest where it is plentyful. They already have taken some much from NorCal and Colorado.

Hetch Hetchy was once a huge beautiful Sierra Valley very much like Yosemite Valley, the hyprocrites in SF destroyed it. Its time SF and SoCal learn other ways of obtaining water. Like learning to move away from fossil fuels for energy, SoCal and Coastal Cali need to learn to stop taking water away from where it naturally occurs and flows....Yes, they are stealing it.

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-18-2023 at 08:46 AM..

Old 06-18-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
TS,
Reservoirs can and do destroy the natural habitat, riparian areas. Reservoirs destroy wildlife, and the environment. SoCal should use their own water that naturally occurs where you live, don't steal(buy, take) it from other environments where it naturally occurs. In SoCal's case take it from the ocean near where you live.

Regarding AG in the San Joaquin Valley, some of that AG needs better management and control. They have already destroyed the once beautiful San Joaquin River. Maybe the San Joaquin Valley and SoCal can steal the water away from the Pacific Northwest where it is plentyful. They already have taken *some much from NorCal and Colorado.

Hetch Hetchy was once a huge beautiful Sierra Valley very much like Yosemite Valley, the hyprocrites in SF destroyed it. Its time SF and SoCal learn other ways of obtaining water. Like learning to move away from fossil fuels for energy, SoCal and Coastal Cali need to learn to stop taking water away from where it naturally occurs and flows....Yes, they are stealing it.
Correction:
They already have taken *so much water from NorCal and Colorado.

Old 06-18-2023, 07:04 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,572,378 times
I’m good with the cooler summer spring as makes lifting weights in garage easier but miss not using my pool which has yet to heat up beyond 75F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento