Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:43 PM

10 posts, read 15,091 times

Advertisements

OMG, especially if you want the good life, go 25 miles NE of Sacramento to Granite Bay. It's comparable to Piedmont (but newer and younger - still, an enclave surrounded by less expensive areas.) It's also like Blackhawk in the Danville area, it's newer and cleaner than the other communities around Sacto, and is a super-easy commute (especially compared to the SF Bay Area - here a "long" commute is considered 15 miles!) You can get to anywhere from here; it's very centrally located.

You can get the most amazing housing here; homes that would cost you several million dollars in SF can be had for $400,000 - $900,000 here - and many of these are simple unheard of in the Bay Area; they just don't have them (downside: most of them have the garage in front, but you get used to that, and you'll wonder how you ever lived without a garage!)

Also there is tons of free parking here, bathrooms available anywhere you shop, gorgeous trees and landscaping, lots and lots of parks, and trails for walking dogs, hiking and biking, spotless streets - no graffiti - no homeless, and zero crime, and I mean none. (Nearby Roseville has had some problems, but nothing even close to what happens in the Bay Area.) Well, one time some kids put bubbles in the fountain, but - hey.

If you have high-school aged kids, Granite Bay High is easily accessible from anywhere around, and there is always lots and lots for kids to do.

Your dollar goes a lot farther here in other ways, too: Tune up your car for under $125, get an oil change for under $50, get your groceries at Winco where eggs are still under $3 and a half-gallon of milk is under $2. Gas, last I looked, was $2.79 (today, 3-31-15.) Lunch today - enchilada, salad, chips, salsa, iced tea - was $12 (most lunches are under $15, some go as "high" as $20, which is considered expensive here.

On a map, draw a diagonal line between Roseville and Folsom (mega-shopping in both!) and Granite Bay is halfway in between. Easy to get to the Sierras, has an international airport, tons of sporting events.

Career-wise, the area is heavy in IT/tech, medical, real estate, mortgage and finance (no, I'm not in the industry) as well as sales of all kinds.

Check it out, you'll love it!
Signed, Been here 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 09:31 PM

979 posts, read 2,094,756 times
Sorry, I prefer the inner city.

Signed,

Thug

Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,287,780 times
The last time I was in Granite Bay was when I was installing alarm systems back in the 1980s. Don't feel like I'm missing anything. Prices for car tune-ups, gas and lunches sound pretty much the same as we pay in Midtown, which is where Granite Bay folks go when they get bored of Granite Bay and pretend that they're not part of the Sacramento metro area.

Basically, if you're white, and really want to live as whitely as possible surrounded by other white people, Granite Bay is the place for you to be white and not feel bad about it.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:41 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,264,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilknarf View Post
OMG, especially if you want the good life, go 25 miles NE of Sacramento to Granite Bay. It's comparable to Piedmont (but newer and younger - still, an enclave surrounded by less expensive areas.) It's also like Blackhawk in the Danville area, it's newer and cleaner than the other communities around Sacto, and is a super-easy commute (especially compared to the SF Bay Area - here a "long" commute is considered 15 miles!) You can get to anywhere from here; it's very centrally located.

You can get the most amazing housing here; homes that would cost you several million dollars in SF can be had for $400,000 - $900,000 here - and many of these are simple unheard of in the Bay Area; they just don't have them (downside: most of them have the garage in front, but you get used to that, and you'll wonder how you ever lived without a garage!)

Also there is tons of free parking here, bathrooms available anywhere you shop, gorgeous trees and landscaping, lots and lots of parks, and trails for walking dogs, hiking and biking, spotless streets - no graffiti - no homeless, and zero crime, and I mean none. (Nearby Roseville has had some problems, but nothing even close to what happens in the Bay Area.) Well, one time some kids put bubbles in the fountain, but - hey.

If you have high-school aged kids, Granite Bay High is easily accessible from anywhere around, and there is always lots and lots for kids to do.

Your dollar goes a lot farther here in other ways, too: Tune up your car for under $125, get an oil change for under $50, get your groceries at Winco where eggs are still under $3 and a half-gallon of milk is under $2. Gas, last I looked, was $2.79 (today, 3-31-15.) Lunch today - enchilada, salad, chips, salsa, iced tea - was $12 (most lunches are under $15, some go as "high" as $20, which is considered expensive here.

On a map, draw a diagonal line between Roseville and Folsom (mega-shopping in both!) and Granite Bay is halfway in between. Easy to get to the Sierras, has an international airport, tons of sporting events.

Career-wise, the area is heavy in IT/tech, medical, real estate, mortgage and finance (no, I'm not in the industry) as well as sales of all kinds.

If you enjoy the bored soccer mom suburban lifestyle, sure.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,846,485 times
The nicest place in Granite Bay is along Folsom-Auburn Road or the newer housing closer to East Roseville. Otherwise, most of it is pretty old. I mostly just drive through it. Not much there.

Glad the OP LOVES it.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 AM

68 posts, read 74,314 times
OP are you a real estate agent?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:13 AM

323 posts, read 1,008,772 times
You had me at me at free parking, sounds like a really great place.

Wait, I forgot I have free parking in front of my house in Midtown too.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:12 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilknarf View Post
OMG, especially if you want the good life, go 25 miles NE of Sacramento to Granite Bay. It's comparable to Piedmont (but newer and younger - still, an enclave surrounded by less expensive areas.) It's also like Blackhawk in the Danville area, it's newer and cleaner than the other communities around Sacto, and is a super-easy commute (especially compared to the SF Bay Area - here a "long" commute is considered 15 miles!) You can get to anywhere from here; it's very centrally located. 15 miles? what does that mean exactly? Tell me in minutes. I have a 15 minute commute. It is 8 miles. I know people that have a two hour commute and they drive about 50 miles.

You can get the most amazing housing here; homes that would cost you several million dollars in SF can be had for $400,000 - $900,000 here - and many of these are simple unheard of in the Bay Area; they just don't have them (downside: most of them have the garage in front, but you get used to that, and you'll wonder how you ever lived without a garage!) Where are you supposed to put the garage? Maybe you would prefer the roof or on top of a tree?

Your dollar goes a lot farther here in other ways, too: Tune up your car for under $125, get an oil change for under $50, get your groceries at Winco where eggs are still under $3 and a half-gallon of milk is under $2. Gas, last I looked, was $2.79 (today, 3-31-15.) Lunch today - enchilada, salad, chips, salsa, iced tea - was $12 (most lunches are under $15, some go as "high" as $20, which is considered expensive here. Wow, people pay that much for lunch? Tune up seems a bit high, but then I guess it depends on the car.

I am not knocking your place. Cool to hear that you love it there.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:15 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ozo View Post
You had me at me at free parking, sounds like a really great place.

Wait, I forgot I have free parking in front of my house in Midtown too.
Wow, me to. I can park two cars in front of my house on the street. Also can park two in the garage and 4 more on the driveway. We only have two cars though so plenty of room for the friends when they come over for a barbq or party. Then again we live way down in Oxnard. Still, my wifes nephew is looking into Sacramento. He went to Sacramento State and wants to move back to the area.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 PM

764 posts, read 2,037,712 times
And after such a glowing review of Granite Bay, the OP wants to move to Florida? Hmmm.

//www.city-data.com/forum/naple...thwest-fl.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento