Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 AM

553 posts, read 2,332,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by est8law View Post
I am being transferred to northern California. My new territory covers South Sacramento, Lodi, Tracy, Concord, Modesto, and Stockton. I would like to find a safe area, with good schools, has some character, where I can buy a home in the 500-600 price range (basic 3 bedroom). Needs to be a little open minded since we are a mixed-race couple. Other than the communities mentioned in the other thread, what about this area from South Sacramento on down? I've heard Davis is nice but I'm concerned this is too far out. I'm coming from Mesa, AZ. Thanks
If you must live in the south area I would choose either Pocket/Greenhaven (right off of the I-5 freeway but right next to the Sacramento river-flooding potential) or Elk Grove/Laguna. Read the Sacramento Bee online sacbee.com for a couple of months if you are considering Stockton. After a couple of months your decision should be clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,464 times
iVE LiVED iN SOUTH SACRAMENTO ALL 20 YEARS OF MY LiFE N i LOVE iT! SOME OF YOU ARE SAYiNG "STAY iN ELK GROVE" LiKE iTS BETTER BUT SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE CUZ ELK GROVE iS KiNDA GHETTO NOW TOO!! WELL iTS NOT GHETTO BUT U JUST GOT STUPiD KiDS THAT THiNK THEY'RE GANG BANGERS SO THEY DO STUPiT STUFF TO "PROVE" THEMSELVES.. OUT iN SOUTH SAC THERE'S REAL "GANGSTERS" AND ALL OVER THE PLACE. iTS THE PEOPLE, NOT THE CiTY.. BUT iN THiS CiTY THEY ARE ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT i THiNK iF YOU MOVE OUT TO SOUTH SAC YOU'LL BE OK AS LONG AS U MiND UR OWN BUSiNESS..

-jESSiCA

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM

375 posts, read 1,725,719 times
No to S. Sac, Stockon, Lodi and Modesto. Those all have major issues with crime.

I would check out Concord and Elk Grove.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,378,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica navarro View Post
iVE LiVED iN SOUTH SACRAMENTO ALL 20 YEARS OF MY LiFE N i LOVE iT! SOME OF YOU ARE SAYiNG "STAY iN ELK GROVE" LiKE iTS BETTER BUT SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE CUZ ELK GROVE iS KiNDA GHETTO NOW TOO!! WELL iTS NOT GHETTO BUT U JUST GOT STUPiD KiDS THAT THiNK THEY'RE GANG BANGERS SO THEY DO STUPiT STUFF TO "PROVE" THEMSELVES.. OUT iN SOUTH SAC THERE'S REAL "GANGSTERS" AND ALL OVER THE PLACE. iTS THE PEOPLE, NOT THE CiTY.. BUT iN THiS CiTY THEY ARE ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT i THiNK iF YOU MOVE OUT TO SOUTH SAC YOU'LL BE OK AS LONG AS U MiND UR OWN BUSiNESS..

-jESSiCA
If that doesn't clear things up, I don't know what will!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM

375 posts, read 1,725,719 times
I lived in the South Sac area for a short time.. Notice I said short time!! My brother still lives there and it's NOT a good area!!
That has got to be one of the worse areas in Sac, along with North Highlands, Rio Linda and some areas of Rancho Cordova.

There are lots of new areas in Elk Grove. Very nice area. I'm sure they have some low income areas, which every town and city have to have. We have them here in Granite Bay.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:39 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,378,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
I lived in the South Sac area for a short time.. Notice I said short time!! My brother still lives there and it's NOT a good area!!
That has got to be one of the worse areas in Sac, along with North Highlands, Rio Linda and some areas of Rancho Cordova.

There are lots of new areas in Elk Grove. Very nice area. I'm sure they have some low income areas, which every town and city have to have. We have them here in Granite Bay.
I totally agree. Crime is HIGH, school test scores are low, high number of parolees, etc etc. Add South Natomas and the Northgate/Robla area to the 'Do Not Move There' list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento