Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Im Polynesian, my Uncle with his accent cant really say 'crip', when he says it, it sounds like 'creep'.

We laugh.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 AM

11 posts, read 31,294 times
I've lived in West Valley and Taylorsville most of my life and went to school in South Salt Lake.I don't think the numbers that high but it's very high in some areas of the valley and gang members come from all races. Most of the ones I ran into were hispanic but that was just the side of town I lived on.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,730,672 times
I moved from West Valley. All I can report is the anecdotal evidence I saw. There was a constant tagging war between the "Surs" and "Nortes" -- so I'd say I saw Mexican more than anything else.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Well, folks, Salt Lake is not as safe as many of us (out of staters) would assume.

I just thought that I'd share this with those interested in the area before they go asking "Are there gangs in SLC?"
Is it as bad as other urban cities? LIke Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, NY, San Francisco, Miami, DC?

Or is it gang on gang violence mainly? That happens everywhere, even in Kansas and Tennessee.

I would think with the importance of family in Mormon lives, they would have hardly no gang affiliations except the few rebels out there.

Last edited by Taboo2; 03-03-2009 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckostler1 View Post
what you didnt listen to is those somoans/polynesians are apart of a different gang (s.o.s) Sons of somoa Crips they are the TCg rivals trust me there are no somoans in a Tongan gang!
The SOS have been in the Bay Area for years and yet you NEVER hear about them regarding crimes because they are not prolific. Wonder why they are in Utah.

Do you think the Mormons only care about other mormons and therefore don't care about the gang influx? Does it even affect them personally? OR like i asked before, is it gang on gang violence?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,857 times
Gangs suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:12 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times
Sorry to tell ya if it weren't for the "church" in all likelihood the Samoan gangs wouldn't even be here. They got invited in as converts and they brought their gang banging brats with them. Oh well.....there goes the neighborhood....

Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 PM

498 posts, read 1,455,352 times
Haha, that's funny. Well, if the gangs in the Salt Lake valley are as sophisticated as you say they are and blend in as well as you say they do, then I'm not upset by this "problem" at all. I have yet to experience a problem or situation caused directly by a gang. I don't care if that makes me a "denier," if gangs are there but they're not doing anything, then that's really no different than them not being there at all. In my opinion statistics (which these numbers obviously are not, as they're pretty much pulled out of nowhere or are more like pseudo-estimates) are irrelevant if they don't accurately describe the problems that many common people are experiencing. Sure, maybe there are a lot of polynesian gangs in west valley (which really wouldn't surprise me at all, even if they are religious) and some hispanic gangs in south salt lake. Just because there are some mild problems in some places (with or without accurate numbers) doesn't mean the SL valley is any less safe than you would've guessed. I bet most of the "gang-related" crimes in SLV would happen regardless of whether they were "gang-related" or not, they're not gang-dependent.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM

4 posts, read 16,074 times
dude i dont bang but i like crip and there not all polly there are blacks,(which i am half) there are hispanic, even whites.It doesn;t matter out here.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,627 times
Default Illegals and Gangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Probably all the Illegals....
Yes, you are correct, and other posters can debate this issue until
blue in the face, but you cannot change facts. Illegals are law breakers.
Period. They don't respect any of our laws, and think we are a joke.
Our govt. rewards them for breaking immigration laws, so why would you
expect them to respect the other laws we have in place.?
9 out of every 10 murders in Los Angeles/Orange County CA is committed
by an illegal. If you know one that isn't in a gang, someone in their family
is affiliated somehow. What you fail to realize, is that they are very organized,
and are all still affiliated with Mexico in some way or another.
Most of the families did not wander over the border with their children thru
the desert. They are brought here and kept here thru organizations, most of
which are affiliated with the cartel, who works closely with our government.
Has been for awhile... and our current administration, is even more tied in the the prev.
Bush morons. Our govt is not run by elected officials, they are just actors and puppets.
The Global Elite Organizaitons run this country, and most of the world, and every cabinet
member of the Obama and Bush administration is wall street banker, and a member of
one of these Globalist organizations:
Trilateral, Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), and Bilderberg Group. If you
question this, look it up for yourself. They want power, and a one world
government. The Healthcare Bill is not about healthcare, and the Stimulus is
not about stimulating the economy. It payoffs to supporters and unions,
and 90% pork projects, that will NEVER help you and I. Read the bill, and you
will be shocked. It's all about taking over the major industries of the US and
wiping out capitalism. Yes, they plan to wipe out the 2nd amendment. Guaranteed.
If you don't have a gun, get one, because the criminals will all still have theirs when
they ban the legal sale of guns. It won't effect them, because none of their
weapons are bought legally. Most will be brought in from Mexico, and NO, most
of the guns in Mexico did not come from America. Janet Nepolitano stated that
'60% of guns seized in Mexico came from the US". Nope. 60% of the TRACABLE guns
seized in Mexico that were actually traced, were linked to the US. The only guns
that are traceable are those bought in the US. The millions that come from China
and S. America aren't traceable. And the Mexican authorities rarely trace weapons.
You have to listen closely, and do your own research on everything you hear, or
you will be clueless. The media is controlled, and everything politicians say to the public
is for a specific audience and purpose.
There are very specific reasons why we have opened our borders and allowed non-citizens
to come here and collect benefits, form dangerous gangs, and flood the country with drugs.
So, before you blindly defend the illegal population, know that they would not do the same for you.

I am a hispanic undercover officer, born in the USA. I work closely with gang members,
non-gang members who are illegal, FBI, Secret Service, and local law enforcement all over the
country, mostly LA and Orange County CA. The mayor of Los Angeles is La Raza, "For the race
everything...All others, NOTHING". Oh, and so is Sonya Sodamayor (sp?). This is a hate group
that feels contempt and hate for all non-hispanic people. Look this up too, if you think I'm crazy.

If you question anything I have said, watch this, then comment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

Last edited by LASD_Undercover; 08-03-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area