Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:05 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,297 times

Advertisements

Agreed. Oftentimes, especially when one is younger one may be such a vivid fantasizer that one honestly really truly does believe he/she is indeed a vampire/werewolf/etc.....

Personally, when I was younger I do recall a time when I almost wished vampires and shifters were real {same thing with dragons, griffins, centaurs, etc}, but I never really truly believed that they were. Now as for some other people? I suppose they indeed MIGHT just believe that they truly are real.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
I didn't believe in that kind of stuff when I was in high school. These people are young and still have some brain to develop, but they are also almost adults.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:41 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,297 times
I once read somewhere that biological chronological age does not always match emotional maturity. Perhaps the same can also be said about mental maturity situations? Intelligence/intellectual situations? Other such things? Hmmmmmmm.......

Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 AM

203 posts, read 561,422 times
The police need to investigate the leader of this pack and watch her closely

Old 10-03-2010, 03:31 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
If you're talking about the Crimson Blood Pack, Wolfie Blackheart has already been investigated on numerous occasions for different things. She's extremely weird, but I don't think she's a criminal or asking these kids to commit suicide. At least I hope not.

YouTube - Wolfie Blackheart on the channel 5 news

Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
"might hurt a human"????? What the??? Where the heck are the parents??? What the heck was with that "knife"?

I'm sorry but after seeing THAT video, if your child is into that sorta thing...it's time to get them some help.

I constantly see posts about how its the schools responsibility to teach them manners. For starters they should be taught at a young age and not wait until a student is in high school and it should be taught at HOME. Why is it the teachers responsibility to teach a 15 year old manners? Shouldn't they be educating them and getting them ready for college or the workforce? People say "schools are failing our kids". Well there's a heck of a lot of parents FAILING them.

If there is no evidence of bullying and ther IS evidence of problems at home then maybe thats where we should be looking at.

Just my vent.....

Old 10-03-2010, 12:17 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
Still on subject but switching gears a bit... I read or heard somewhere that there are 4 main NISD high schools where these wolf packs roam... 1 is Marshall, 1 is Brandeis... I am wondering if anyone knows the other 2 schools... My daughter is a freshman at Clark but she is in color guard and hangs with the band kids, so she is pretty oblivious to the different social cliques around the school... So I am wondering if Clark is 1 of the schools and if so, which is the other one???

Old 10-03-2010, 12:18 PM

203 posts, read 561,422 times
Warren has some too

Old 10-03-2010, 12:27 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
In one news article the mother did claim her son was being bullied.

Police officers have already been sent to the houses of around ten pack members. For preventative purposes I assume.

Wolfie Blackheart also has nothing to do with this suicide story other than they ran in the same circles, that does not mean they did the same exact things especially when it comes to having 'taxidermy' as a hobby. To bring her up is just sensationalistic and unless anyone has proof these other two kids were into that perhaps there is no need to mention that at all.

Part of their style obviously is a form of escapism. This type of escapism through fantasy is also more common among whites and Hispanics. Perhaps this is part of the reason why this all seems so unfamiliar to some.

I also keep hearing about the parents failing their children. Some just want nothing better to do than blame the parents. One had their light cut off, the other said she did not feel safe going home, we do not know the full reasons so we should not assume anything. We do know one of the kids was bullied.

We also know some parents do fail, other parents, the kind who look at this kids and cast disapproval because they look different, who shake their head and claim they do not know what to make out of it but whatever they do eventually make out of it is nothing good, or who would not approve of their own kids if they appeared dressed like this suddenly at the dinner table, that is if family meals are still on the agenda....you see it is attitudes like this that are passed down to their kids causing the problem of intolerance that we have which has become endemic and is a primary source of suicide...yes bullying.

Who else would these type of parents not approve of? Someone of the wrong skin color? Someone of the wrong socio-economic status? Someone who is of the wrong sexual orientation? No, no, none of those are acceptable to be friends for their kids is it?

Blame who you wish though but if you wish to insure less incidents like this occur it begins with tolerance and accepting those who look different. I guess instead of doing stock inventory of our own prejudices and forms of discrimination it is just easier to blame the parents though of the suicide victims.

Somewhere out there it is almost guaranteed there were bullies in all of this and they need to be reported, discovered, expelled, and given counseling for starters. Then their parents need to change the way they think as well because such attitudes are usually passed down.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
I'm sorry but if a kid comes over to my house with a tail and chains and tells me they are half wolf and only half human I will be intolerant. My right as a parent. To each his own.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio