Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,651,673 times

Advertisements

TexasNick, just cause you look anglo does not mean you are not hispanic. My kids are by my dh side of the family and you would never know...last name is Jenkins..now thats really hispanic right? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 02:30 PM

260 posts, read 1,136,026 times
Here's an interesting demographic map from the 2000 census showing population breakdowns... The area north of 410, bounded by I10 and I35 has a much higher percentage of Anglos than the rest of the city, and downtown and south of it are overwhelmingly hispanic. East and West are more evenly divided...

Map - PDF

Old 09-20-2007, 03:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,710 times
Must be nice to be white (wink wink).

Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 PM

217 posts, read 1,758,299 times
I think that it is majority hispanic I just moved to the northwest side and I am african american my kids school one of them is more hispanic the other has a good mix. I am trying find my way around this massive city.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndip View Post
Here's an interesting demographic map from the 2000 census showing population breakdowns... The area north of 410, bounded by I10 and I35 has a much higher percentage of Anglos than the rest of the city, and downtown and south of it are overwhelmingly hispanic. East and West are more evenly divided...

Map - PDF
Thanks for that info, but it has been seven years now and I'm guessing that map should be all green now, lol.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:39 PM

26 posts, read 90,288 times
What I think is funny is city-data.com says for the 78253 zip code.
White population: 7,585
Black population: 575
American Indian population: 55
Asian population: 277
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population: 19
Some other race population: 1,021
Where is hispanic? Yea it has to be "Some other race population"but dont you think it is large enough to get its own catagory.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I believe I've seen some census/ethnic makeup forms that list them as "white-hispanic" and "white-non hispanic". So perhaps it's part of the "white" listing and is not broken out individually.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:00 PM

70 posts, read 440,950 times
no disrespect but thats a stupid queston is it safe all you have to do is live in a suburb (northside) and it's ok many of these peple probably live in the northside and thats why they feel safe cause they don't live in the inner 410 area like me. i never leave my house without my poket knife cause i never now when not if someone try to rob me or something also those crime reports don't really give you all the stats cause truth is most crimes don't get reported for one reason or anther.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 PM

454 posts, read 505,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZiler8r View Post
I was just wondering what is there more of in SA? Whites, Mexicans, puerto ricans if any, blacks?

Only reason I ask is because once again, coming from Orlando there's been nothing but Puerto Ricans (mainly) and other culture groups migrating to Central FL.

Don't take any offense please, I'm hispanic myself! I guess one of the main reasons we're leaving Central FL is because we don't really feel it being "safe" anymore.

Just trying to see how San Antonio is in being safe. Are you able to walk through Downtown SA at 11PM any day of the week and feel safe, or anywhere near the city?
"White" and "black" aren't nationalities.

There is indeed a large proportion of hispanics, some who are Mexican Nationals and many who are Americans.

If you're talking ethnicity, I think SA is ~58% hispanic. Small proportion of African-Americans.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:34 PM

925 posts, read 1,227,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazred View Post
no disrespect but thats a stupid queston is it safe all you have to do is live in a suburb (northside) and it's ok many of these peple probably live in the northside and thats why they feel safe cause they don't live in the inner 410 area like me. i never leave my house without my poket knife cause i never now when not if someone try to rob me or something also those crime reports don't really give you all the stats cause truth is most crimes don't get reported for one reason or anther.
I live within 410 and I don't go about with a pocket knife. Please don't speak for an area larger than Rhode Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio